Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

When I nep you nep we nep

There is a shitload of grinding if you ever want to 100% any of this poo poo so just be prepared. Thankfully they usually added some animation skips or something for the turn based games, at least after a point. I've never taken the time personally but I've watched people beat on these games for hours and hours on stream on max speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Page 2. We did it, everyone.
page 2 nepper :ocelot:

Someday I need to play through Omega Quintet too, I know they tried not to make it like a Nep game but they can't really shake the similarity

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ozdhaka posted:

I highly recommend just playing Omega Quintet on the easiest difficulty if you only really care about it's story because Order Break can get really stupid.
Oh yeah, Order Break is hilariously broken. I saw a guy get destroyed by a boss without being able to take a single turn because it would just Order Break over and over

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Why is Nepgya a thing :geno:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

blegh I hate those Tsum Tsum things

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i thought "stackable" would mean they have magnets
I think it just refers to them being shaped like gross logs or beans or whatever the gently caress that is

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

relax, the nep was in you all along

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Coolguye posted:

because THAT'S less embarassing
or less effort to explain

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordaedil posted:

Things that make ShadowMoo uncomfortable:
-Using the Internet.
-Clicking links to hobbystores.
-Reading forum threads about anime games

A sense of shame and the Nep thread are like oil and water, one must displace the other

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sporadicsarcasm posted:

I think I'm going to buy Nep VII and Omega Quintet.
Yah, got that and some Lego games. Gonna play PS4 like I'm three

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cheetah7071 posted:

Nep is good and Nep is bad. Embrace contradiction.
the Overwatch of JRPGs

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

The longest I've ever played a nep game is about four hours
To be fair I have a bunch of them from sales but haven't gotten around to playing them yet, but I know far more about them than I ought to from watching people with way more time on their hands stream it. There's always a couple on my list who will platinum these things. I catch them grinding away for some of it with all of the skip/speed stuff and I'm amazed they don't just quit right there. It's inevitably a bunch of wandering around a map finding the one lost box or fast forwarding through a bunch of mooks trying to find the rare shithead to kill

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Nep would make fun of everyone for pursuing trophies, because "Why in Planeptune would you spend all that time grinding for trophies and not eating pudding? Sounds like Noire's padding her games again!"
then someone else makes some innuendo about boobs and Noire punches Nep in the face

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dross posted:

The games are all 70-85% off on Steam right now.

Oh... must be sale time.

I used to really pay attention to these :saddowns:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

drat, that's a lotta nep

and a bit of other stuff

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

13/f/cali posted:

Some restaurants have a cheeseburger and then a jr. cheeseburger for less. Idea Factory offers the Nep for $6 so they offer the Nep Jr. for $3.
I laughed harder at that than I should have god drat you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

I will pay over the odds for a Top Nep hat
someone made one and it's like the second google image result, unless you want a better font or something

http://customplanet.com/Designs/125-978/TOP-NEP/055d3ed2-0635-45b3-b7ec-d54d3f323b40.aspx

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh well, i suppose the cheap knockoffs will come soon after the official TOP NEP debut anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can make a comeback and be Top Nep sometime soon

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

You're ok to play it, just a lot of stuff will go over your head.
In all honesty, I think that's the normal Nep experience anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

On a separate note, I cannot get over Ultradimension Vert being the same color as Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

most people just call that "teal", but whatever neps your nep

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

13/f/cali posted:

Next: A Neptunia game where all the CPUs struggle because a PC CPU comes along and offers better prices for the same products.

but nobody can perform her inputs, and also she randomly dies at inopportune moments for no reason whatsoever

also her stats steadily decrease as she levels up until you reformat her back to level 1

on the plus side she gets shop discounts on everything, if she doesn't outright steal it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Rebirth 1 representative of the series? I got it while it was cheap, and, well, didn't care much for it.
You can pick a random cutscene out of any other game and watch it on YouTube, but I think you'll find it's all very familiar

Unless of course you're talking about the gameplay, in which case lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cheetah7071 posted:

I liked the gameplay of Hyperdevotion Noire
that's a whole other type of game though, a big exception

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Also it's a comedy game so they can do what the gently caress ever if they think it'll be funny

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

I think that Idea Factory has a special place in its Compile Heart for Neptunia, so on top of the comedy, they're going to keep some consistency. Spinoffs aside, of course.
Which is insanity but they're an insane company to begin with, so I guess it works

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i never could comprehend how that character's hairstyle would exist

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

13/f/cali posted:

I just hope that whatever this is that Otoha has the decency to bring none of Omega Quintet's mechanics with her.

ORDER BREAK
ORDER BREAK
ORDER BREAK

:gitgud:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Pretty much. One thing from the original game is that the CPUs are actually all horrible people and it's hard to like any of them. Noire goes after Neptune knowing she's lost her memory and prioritizes killing her over dealing with the much more pressing issue of Avenir, ditto with Blanc even as she's losing followers to Arfoire and while Vert comes across as the most friendly, she's quick to accuse Neptune of faking being poisoned by Yvoire as a way to discredit her. Even by the end of the game, none of them really like each other at all and are just banding together to stop a common threat and in the true ending, all decide to stop being CPUs. None of them are interesting or likeable enough to care about. Even the main trio of Neptune, Compa and IF aren't overly likeable since IF is much more standoffish to Neptune in it and if I remember right, when Yvoire gave her the poison she was seriously considering using it in the original game.
That's pretty hosed up, I have the disc for 1 but have been avoiding it because it's supposed to be trash to play, but this story difference sounds insane. I might have to read that LP just for shits then

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

COME ON COMPILE HEART SMASH
the one thing more embarassing than admitting you nep; trying to get someone to nep with you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

pretty sure you have to fool someone into thinking you don't nep to get a family in the first place

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well, that seems more consistent with their strengths anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Dammit, I wanted a Smash Bros clone, not a Hearthfire clone. This is something that would be announced as a side project, not a main announcement.

nobody buys Smash clones though, RPG fanatics would buy a card game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Irisize posted:

So my PS3 broke halfway through Victory. Can I just get Re;Birth 3 as a reasonable substitute? In what little I actually played through the first remake, they seem to have changed quite a bit?

Target was selling PS3s for half price last week with Cartwheel :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

I am not dropping $40+ dollars after shipping on a goddamn hat.

seriously, what the gently caress did they make these hats out of to be so drat expensive

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

I learned more than I ever wanted to know about making T-Shirts while looking up information on why some website can sell a custom print for $5 while IFI charges $25. The $5 websites have an inkjet printer that just prints straight to the T-Shirt, but the more expensive kinds are done by hand with materials that don't fade after a couple washes.

Same thing with the hats. The stitched TOP NEP won't fade out after a wash.
I gotta think even if you got charged extra for extra large extra bold TOP NEP embroidery you still don't get anywhere close to $40

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Did they license and register a trademark for Top Nep?

the irony of licensing the most generic looking cap design ever would be pretty great

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

I went to Anime Central in Chicago and a certain website was selling "Mega Milk" t-shirts from an infamous hentai manga. By the time I made a full circle of the event, they were gone. The meme market is hot.
those are pretty generic too, I think you could accomplish one with some old timey iron on transfers

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MotU posted:

this seems like cheating like i am not earning the neps
it would be fair to say you would not even miss a bunch by skipping the game altogether and watching the cutscenes on YouTube, so I refuse to feel any guilt there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

The Iffy Ornament is almost sold out!
Dang, that's a lot of money for the standard 'frosted white on red metal ball'