Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«195 »
SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Yeah it was changed that using abilities generates rocket fuel rather than lowering the energy cost. Much better system because it's less confusing and disheartening to see it cost a hundred times more energy than you have.

As for mutagen just do it. You get a boost to larva production for unspent mutagen so no matter what you unlock you'll be back up to speed pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

On that note, once you ascend don't spend all your mutagen immediately.

The unspent mutagen throws your Larvae production through the roof. I'm on like my 6th ascension and I can get to overmind very loving quickly.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yeah it was changed that using abilities generates rocket fuel rather than lowering the energy cost. Much better system because it's less confusing and disheartening to see it cost a hundred times more energy than you have.

As for mutagen just do it. You get a boost to larva production for unspent mutagen so no matter what you unlock you'll be back up to speed pretty fast.

That change never made it to the browser version.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

dis astranagant posted:

That change never made it to the browser version.

This isn't the first time I've found discrepancies. Which version should I be playing? Is there any resource that indicates the differences between the two versions?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Klungar posted:

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

I don’t see any cost here besides the Rocket Fuel I had to acquire.

That's not Swarm Sim most people talk about, the dev for Swarm Sim took a vacation because of personal issues and never started work on it again. Anything else is some fork someone else made and pure garbage / money grab.

edit: actually change log has some stuff from 2017, which is past the point he didn't come back, no idea if the dev actually came back or if someone else took over at this point. Still it does not have graphics.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pixaal posted:

That's not Swarm Sim most people talk about, the dev for Swarm Sim took a vacation because of personal issues and never started work on it again. Anything else is some fork someone else made and pure garbage / money grab.

edit: actually change log has some stuff from 2017, which is past the point he didn't come back, no idea if the dev actually came back or if someone else took over at this point. Still it does not have graphics.
Is Swarm Sim not the game whose dev died? Or was that... uh, the ant breeding game.

(but yes someone else took over from the dev I think)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

pixaal posted:

From what I gather from r/incremental_games, the port is done by scary bee, which is the guy who did tap tap infinity and slurpy derpy (which relaunched with an even worse name, tap tap evolution), but it wasn't without permission or at least discussion with the swarm simulator dev. It's pretty much the same game but with some graphics that make it work with a mobile UI and some ads and premium currency thrown in that are inevitable to make money but aren't oppressive or necessary like really bad cash-grabby games.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

pixaal posted:

Swarm Sim dev came back for most of 2017 and then left again. No real content was added that I can tell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is Swarm Sim not the game whose dev died? Or was that... uh, the ant breeding game.

(but yes someone else took over from the dev I think)

Yeah, that was critter mound.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

In NGU, is it intended for the Ascended Ascended Forest Pendant to not be affected by Money Pit's "all your worn Equipment has grown in power" effect? Also the Gaudy Set display appears to exclude item 127.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sage Grimm posted:

In NGU, is it intended for the Ascended Ascended Forest Pendant to not be affected by Money Pit's "all your worn Equipment has grown in power" effect? Also the Gaudy Set display appears to exclude item 127.

Yes, it's excluded intentional, and 127 is the chase drop for the same zone that drops gaudy, try boosting your drop rate. It's like the Wings, you gotta work for it. It's a pretty good item, with mega set it might be best to just skip it until you can farm it since there isn't a set bonus associated with it yet and I'm struggling to think of when I'd wear it with current gear (I deleted mine) though with all the drop rate I now have it'd probably take a day or two of farming to get another one to 100.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I've got the item, I didn't want to spoil it further. The Wings and the Lonely thing I figured were low chance to drop considering I had both on my item list when my inventory was full. Only the former has dropped once in the intervening weeks.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

NGU bug report: Just dropped Xe21 tier gold into pit and the text said it dropped 100 special boost, but inventory only showed a 50 special boost.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I started up Trimps again, trying to progress from Toxicity to Lead isn't going super-well. I'm not sure I can really clear the Spire with 100M helium as soon as I have that much helium with the way I'm having troubles just doing Lead at around 80M, so I'm trying to work on challenges², but I'm not going terribly far in the ones that are worth a lot like Trimp or Coordinated either. Right now I have 66% bonus from everything I have done plus whatever I'll earn from Coordinated, should I aim for 2/3x bigger bonus or just grind Toxicity?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I played through universal attractor the past week or so. I just bought an upgrade for "autogenerator priorities" and it seems to break the game in that now it no longer autobuys anything. I guess this is a good stopping point to quit the game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I won't pretend to remember a lot about the game but IIRC the autobuying was pretty silly in general. Like, the regular autobuyers would prestige automatically but then you also unlock a nova autobuyer for some reason?

«195 »