Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Goon Guilds

Most incremental games are single-player. But if you want to play with goons, you're looking for these.

Amaranthine, essentially a text-based idle MMO, is the current favorite, with its own thread dedicated to making sure goons remain dominant enough to be despised by pubbies. Before that there was Idle Online Universe, which was popular for a while but the guild halls are looking a bit empty now. And there's always Clicker Heroes, a fairly linear clicker, but bright and colorful and with a solid enough prestige mechanic that it was popular even before it became multiplayer.

Historical Relics

These are all notable for one reason or another, but I wouldn't recommend playing them.

Anti-Idle is the first example of the genre by several years, but which for one reason or another has mostly remained forgotten even as the genre's popularity boomed. Cookie Clicker popularized the genre, created the first prestige mechanic, and standardized the clicker formula of buying buildings to make income go up, but with no real paradigm shifts and no updates for years it was left behind. Adventure Capitalist is a poorly-balanced bland clicker notable only for being the first major game to allow progression even while offline, but somehow half my steam friends list is still playing it. And then there's Progress Quest, a parody of the genre before the genre even existed, in which the player has no input at all.

Your pic for AdVenture Capitalist is old, its a lot shinier than that now. The reason people keep playing it, though, is the events they have monthly that give lots of free premium cash that you'd otherwise get microtransactioned over.

Also, what's the goon guild in Clicker Heroes? I need to join that I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU