Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Is there some other point to that interaction? It seemed like there were going to be more events but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Kind of neat hacking game
https://danielyxie.github.io/bitburner/

There's a scripting element to it, but you don't need much more than what I've got below. The tutorial is pretty good. Prestige mechanism is neat too.
The big danger is that if you take all the money from a server, it grows back super slow, so if you have automatic hacking scripts running, you need to alternate between hacking and growing (which regenerates the money).

Giving this a shot, so far it's pretty interesting. The scripting documentation was a little poor, took me a while to realise it wanted a semi-colon after all brace blocks despite being rather inconsistent in the docs.

I wonder how it works out how much RAM a script takes. My gain-access script is longer than my upgrade-hacknet script but the upgrade script has loops in it which probably add to the cost.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Anfauglir posted:

For bitburner, I stole this from the reddit. You need a good bit of ram on your home machine to make it really work, and it takes some time to get going, but you make absurd amounts of money when it does.

(lots of code)

That's pretty cool. I wrote a similar script to auto-root and hack a server but didn't go so far as to shove all the servers in an array.

The problem with BitBurner is you run out of things to do really quickly with the scripting. You write a couple of scripts and then it's all just work for the factions to buy augments. Is there anything else in the game that needs scripting?

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

How long does it take to explore space (in Paperclip that is)? I'm sitting at all 0s% explored after a few hours. I've reached combat.

Never mind, I eventually got bored and just cheated my numbers up to ridiculous values. I never was good at the idle part of idle games...

chiefnewo fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 11, 2017

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Yeah, it took me a while to realise that the probe design applies to all probes, not just newly launched ones.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Are Antimatter Galaxies something I should be getting right away in Antimatter Dimensions, or should I just keep dimension shifting until I break infinity?

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

junan_paalla posted:

Ant idle is fun! Like a mix of shark game and swarm sim. Managing your production loops is interesting and there's a lot of stuff to spend your upgrade points on. The UI can be a hassle tho.

I hate production loops in idle games because it requires more thinking than I'm prepared to put in. I can see why you'd do it as it adds a layer of gameplay but I hate having to micromanage stuff that much.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Huh, that's funny because I found Shark Game to be relatively simple. I made the mistake in Ant Idle of buying a bunch of the machine-making ants all at once and loving my supply lines. Then I threw my hands in the air as I couldn't be bothered fixing it. I know I could just turn their production to 0% until I got it sorted out but I wasn't feeling it at the time.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Is there a way to get more recipes (I bought the strategy guide already) for Succubox or am I just meant to put in random numbers of ingredients and hope?

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There is a second strategy guide late for $5 trillion or something.

(Much of what you need is the same formulae applied to different items...)

I figured, but was too lazy to test them all out. I realised after going back and looking at the recipes again I already had the recipe for magic, I just needed to keep opening boxes until I found the right hat.

chiefnewo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Started this afternoon, ended just now. Succubox is a good one, for sure!

It wasn't bad but I found it a bit recalcitrant in letting you know there was something to work towards at times, especially in the late game.