Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

This one is in Auto Hotkey, I call is Clicky.ahk

ha, I call mine that too. It's a good name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Trimps is definitely one of the idlers I feel benefits immensely from an auto thingy, but only after a point because I quite like the progression up to there. Like reaching the Spire maybe? Constant portalling gets to be a huge pain at some point but I can't remember where other than somewhere around there.

At this point unless anything really new turns up I'm probably just going to go ahead and just watch the numbers get bigger. And that's okay.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like just letting Trimps and Autotrimps do their thing. Check back every so often to spend helium/nullifium/magmite/bones and say "dang those are some big numbers" and leave it at that. It's not very interesting after a point except seeing how crazy it goes on auto. It can be kind of interesting to watch for a bit while its in the busy stages and everything is flashing and changing colour.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What's the sweet spot for prestiging in Egg, Inc?

It depends on whether you've done all the missions or not I think. Once you've done all those, you get trophies to work towards instead for having X amount of chickens for each egg type. They give you a ton of Soul and Gold Eggs. Most of my Soul Eggs came from there, so really I guess it's whatever works for you to do the missions and trophies.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh poo poo, I just found out you can upgrade the research computer in Crank. Oops.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, fine. Got to the stage of Space Company that I'm just waiting on updates so I'm gonna try out Realm Grinder. What version though, is it one of those ones that has a bunch all over the place?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'll go for Steam I guess then. Thanks for the heads-up on the mobile version though. I just shouldn't play these on something portable, I get too into them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So, this Equality trophy. Started yesterday, did a day waiting around for neutral, I switched to good. How do I switch to evil tomorrow? Also which faction is good to start with? Thanks

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, thought that might be the case but wanted to check. Thank you

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'd recommend getting a little more Good time than Neutral time, because when you restart you're forced to rack up Neutral time until you select an Evil faction. Easiest to sync up Good and Evil and then abdicate and sit around not picking a faction until you get it.

It's only a minute or two of optimization if you're careful about it, but the kind of thing you might not think of (like I didn't) and have to go for another few short runs to fix :shobon:

Oh, good point. Will build up a little buffer then I guess. Thanks for the tip

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This Diamond Forge thing is mental. Giant loving numbers everywhere. Reincarnation sucks a butt so far though. I'm limiting myself to one of those a day or else I will get burnt out. Will try a few challenges and things out maybe.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I was wondering what happened on R7 that was so good and man, these Bloodlines are something else. Something I realise I will eventually look back on and sneer from my mountain of numbers.

Realm Grinder is a good one of these games, even if the font sucks a butt.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that that's the way progression seems to go. It doesn't just throw the old stuff out, it changes some of it and adds new stuff.

These challenges are pretty neat as well, at least the ones where you have to think a bit and not just hammer "buy all".

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, just started Research yesterday and was wondering when it got good. Well it unlocked a bunch of things overnight and :aaa:

Also I was gonna try working requirements out myself but that went in the bin very quickly. I think that was a good call.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yep, that's the one I've been using.

Thanks anyway

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Egg Inc. is pretty neat. I think there's some tapping needed early on but eventually it goes away. Mind you, when I was playing a lot it was also getting rebalanced and upgraded and stuff a lot so I dunno how the early game is now. Probably want to avoid it if you don't like chickens though :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I might do that too, I'm on R55. Any particular build tips?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, thanks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, Dragon Challenge 3 is done. Just a few more days to unlock all the Tier Six spells available and then I have to work out what's next. Beard Carpet maybe

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I got to R60. Didn't really get Lineages, but there was an interesting sounding build. I had 2000 assistants. Now I have 50,000+. Not gonna pretend I get them yet, but holy poo poo, Lineages are amazing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thanks whoever suggested that paperclips game.

sometimes it's nice to have one of these with an actual ending

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh lovely. Hope it comes out on Steam soon, I'm just stuck on the e87 point and a little boost would be excellent.

e: max spell tier selection, wonderful. that was bugging me a bit

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

For RG, I'm on the last little bit of 75 and doing spell tiers for a while. Gonna get everything to 6 I think. Did Beard Carpet as well. After I do all the spells I have right now there's just three to go so I'll probably whip up another merc build to get at those. Might try for Stoic Resistance as well. It'll be Evil I think so might get Diabolical Evil too. Also doing some offline time as well but I don't really have a target for that. And then Perk Challenges, there's a few that are gonna need a gimmick build I reckon

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well the Veteran Figurine in Realm Grinder sure is amazing. It was very satisfying turning on all the perks one by one.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I really want to do more Realm Grinder stuff, but I'm currently stuck waiting a week for a challenge to unlock. There's quite a bit of enforced real-time waiting in this game which is getting old.

Yeah, there is a lot of that. Helpful when it hits when you feel like taking a break at least.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Realm Grinder is really good at huge number increases.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is Ascension 2 in RG like the first one in that there's stuff easier to do before or should I jump in as soon as I reach it?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Unlock any final challenges / secret trophies, but the big one is to make sure you push all your lineages to 25.

Oh that's handy, done all that already. Thanks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hit A2 recently and it just went all slow and I miss mercs. Going for T7 spells for now. Finally hit Perk 2 for Drow at least so will grab that trophy soon.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm on 108. Hopefully the event will kick start things a bit.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

A2 is so boring I want my mercs back drat it these numbers suck several asses and I want all the colours back too

oh well, getting all the event bonuses was a piece of piss and I guess once it's over I'll look into those new artifact thingers

Samuringa posted:

Now wait a goddamn second

I did the first Undead Challenge but the bonus only applies if I'm playing as Undead!?

This is utter, absolute and complete bullshit

Later there's a faction that gets every challenge bonus at once and it is amazing. Game just doesn't want to blow your mind entirely just yet.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I threw nine rubies at excavation resets and got the Spiked Whip. I'm too indecisive about ruby upgrades anyway (should really look 'em up) and I got enough from events and such that it felt worth it.

Now to see what to actually do with it. :v:

e: ha, I see a Mana Spring build exists now. 2-3 months.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 18, 2018

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What number would be best to leave Garbage at? It's on 60 right now for all the bonuses but is it worth losing any to have more garbage or should I just wait for 120 to be possible?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

There's a hidden div with the id="aaaa" that you can reveal to show the percentage of production of each of the building types. In my case, garbage at 120 is providing about 6.5% of my total gains, whereas my bats and spaceships are each providing over a third. You really should be increasing Garbage if you want to increase the amount of bonus spades they provide (one extra per 10 buildings) and then try to maintain the multipliers for 4 (every one gains 15% increased production), 3 (33% increase in tick rate), and 2 (Time Warp, also tick rate increase).

So try to keep 2 3 and 4 and 5 is a nice bonus then? Thank you. Just got to enough for 120 anyway but good to know for later.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

these goblins are cute :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh, I thought he was a potato but that makes more sense

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm getting close to opening the school in Artist Idle I think. Hopefully that will change things up a bit otherwise I'm gonna mark that off as done for now. Still, it's a neat one even if the resetting feels way too harsh

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, that's basically how it seems for me too. There's a lot of waiting around for fame to build back up

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, think I'm done with Artist Idle now. Got to the bit where I could have a successor, ended up with ridiculous amounts of money, that's enough for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

sevenflow posted:

Hi! Hopefully this is the right thread for this.

I'm working on an open source game for fun that combines clickers, ARPGs, and some light automation/scripting elements (similar to the FF12 Gambit system). I'm basing it on what I've discovered in endgame Diablo/PoE/etc, where it feels like 90% of success is your build, and maybe 10% is player agency. To that end, I thought it'd be fun to try creating a game that centers around getting loot and building up your character, automating their "AI" to control what they do and when, then hitting play to watch your character try to complete whatever dungeon, get more loot, and progress.

I'm still buttoning up some stuff before I share a (very, very basic) playable prototype, but my main question is: Are there any clickers similar to this that I could learn from? I've only played Dark Room, Paperclip, and a some Amaranthine for any considerable amount of time.

ooh, sounds neat. How many sharks will it have tho?