Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

pixaal posted:

I'm at 4.3e6 total helium (progressive zones give exponentially more helium)

It's linear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I guess I should say that the per-Blimp/Improbability helium increase is linear, but the sum growth is exponential (?). At least looking at the wolfram alpha graph of my helium gains.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

keldon posted:

I like it when games have a well-defined end point.

I don't!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I think someone mentioned a good Idle to Rule the Gods guide in the last thread, anyone have it?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't understand why the Realm Grinder devs are hellbent on updating their game with ugly new pixel graphics rather than actual content and leaving well enough alone.

The new art looks great, sorry about your taste

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I keep shouting REINCARNATE in all caps but people just gave me weird looks, too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

JavaJesus posted:

In Trimps, does the Carpentry perk only apply if you buy a level when portalling? Because with the past two resets I haven't put any new levels into Carpentry since it's level 12 and it's getting expensive compared to how much Helium I'm getting, but my Huts haven't increased in how many Trimps they can hold and I don't know if that's intentional or if something is failing in some way.

Uh, it should be working. My carpentry is at 3300% and my huts give me 204 trimps per.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I guess they did something with saves at some point because I can't find my save on any site

e: oh nevermind I found it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I sent a request but I don't remember my game name. Might be Hazelia.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Xmm...e-perfect-tower

Also, I found this game and it seems pretty neat and in depth so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

Here's the thing that the realm grinder devs have been working on the last several months:

holy poo poo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The best part of Clicker Heroes is how useless every system that doesn't involve souls is

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

insanityv2 posted:

The new UI owns, ya'll are crazy.

Also updating the UI is so they can actually expand the game more

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I imagine everyone's just salty because they have to get used to a new layout and new icons that don't look like 10 kinds of rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

yeah they look like 20 kinds of rear end

Hullo?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Merijn posted:

CON:
- buy 1000 button??

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Merijn posted:

When would you ever use that? After 'buy 100' I just use BuyMax. The only time I could possibly buy 1000 of the same thing is at the very start of a game, maybe.

I'm not sure how it's a con in the slightest even if you don't have a use for it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Buy 1000 is pretty useful actually

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

Has there been any word on any of those long planned realm grinder updates that actually do something beyond making the game look worse?

lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Spaceplan but it's so short

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Heirlooms or production for pushing higher.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'd say heirlooms only if you've made it far enough to get magnificent or better, otherwise it's kind of a waste especially if you're only going to get purple gear which becomes super common once magnificent/legendary is possible. Production will only help you this run so outside raising your max helium by a lot I don't see a long-term benefit on the same level as a few extra million helium or whatever.

Pushing higher is incredibly useful for getting to a zone where a map will drop or a thing will unlock, etc

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm assuming Demon King is pretty useless

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hmm.

Frankly, I like it when idlers are stupid broken like this

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

The image is blocked for me but is your Infroad broken as well? I am no longer able to open it

Huh, never had an issue with gyazo before. No, just referring to how broken the skill durations get -

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Noxin of Shame posted:

My current favourite part of Infiroad is trying to guess what the next multiplier will be. So far I'm up to "d@".

Also the music is rad.

oh poo poo waddup

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I was high enough up for Mastery but I'm taking a break from the game for a bit because I wore out again. I might try Toxicity soon instead of Nom though

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

To be honest, Trimps is kind of a slow burn as far as progress goes. It's still pretty fun and gets updated every couple weeks though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel like AutoTrimps would just deflate all my interest in playing

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Wow, uh, Lazy Kings sure has some graphics, there.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

And boy, here I am on my year-plus-long save with still no Overkill.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm enjoying the boost Toxicity gives currently. Really nice after running Nom.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Noxin of Shame posted:

Simple mechanic, but takes a while to get going.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm still chipping away in the 170 zone so more things to help progress are welcome.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AutoStorage, AutoUpgrade, and AutoPrestige all exist later on.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Trimps is getting 4.0 soon, devs said he'd be putting up a test server before the end of the weekend. Supposed to be stuff for 230+.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I have coordinated at 16 and carpentry at 45 and I'm doing Watch pretty quickly (up to zone 180 challenge), so obviously something is a little off with your other perks

Here's what my poo poo looks like at this point:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I felt like I was stuck doing Crushed for a while but I eventually pushed to Toxicity and found it was really good, then felt I was stuck with it but then I tried Watch and like it even if it's less helium than toxicity.

Basically do challenges and switch them up sometimes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Crushed is probably easier since it's not 1/5th your life per attack or whatever while also lowering your damage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The 4.0 test server is up, if you're able to hit 230+ you'll get to see the new stuff. http://trimpstest.bitballoon.com/

4.0 -
Content
Huge overhaul of Z230+. Added the first Megastructure, a new zone mutation, a new currency, and new things to upgrade!
AutoStorage has been moved from Z150 to Z75
Added 5 new Masteries
T4 Masteries now only require 11 previously purchased masteries to unlock, down from 12
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where Famine wasn't showing up the displayed gathering numbers.

Some other good stuff though for non 230+ though.

e: (not mine.)

Aurora fucked around with this message at Nov 14, 2016 around 08:19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol @ claiming trimps has no paradigm shifts after playing it for an hour

«4 »