Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also that achievement for 100 of each housing building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Do Corrupted, I get like 7m helium a run.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm not sure you're gonna get a whole lot out of Dailies until you're past the Spire.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No, tiers are for mastery, which is a 181+ currency that gives some nice QoL/boosters that aren't strictly game-changers

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, breaking the planet at first can be super intimidating, it took me a while to gather up enough helium to get there :v:

You do get a nice helium bump from killing that first Improbability though.

I dunno if you have any stray unlock-a-thing challenges from 1-60, you should get those out of the way first.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Roflex posted:

I think maybe your hacked agility is throwing off your progress relative to your helium. I'm at 130M (10x what you have, and also over 100 portals) and mostly still running lead/watch/dailies depending on what's up daily-wise and how active I plan on being, with a HZE of 194. General consensus from what I've seen is 300-500M minimum for the first push into the spire (around 20-21 coordinated, with 22-23 to complete it).

I cleared the first row of the spire at like 120M~ helium so whoever said that is bullshitting. Toughness II/Power II are both really good and come early.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sitting at 234M Helium all-time and I've unlocked Motivation 2 now. Setting up a run for a couple days to go deep in the Spire early on is way better than waiting.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Jesus, you're all still talking about Trimps?
Is this like the only worthwhile Inc Game on the PC nowadays?

I feel like I've tried so many at this point and lost interest in most of them but I'm back to Trimps once again.

Well, it's still updated, so :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ethereals are even better!

and Magmatics are even better!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've been playing manual since like August 2015 and I ain't gonna change now :colbert:

I'm currently farming BW VII to get XLII equipment so I can attempt to clear the Spire at like 300m He :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Trimps is worth popping in on every now and again because the dev is committed to bi-weekly-to-monthly updates.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

By Zone 200 they only cost in the trillions, and the amount of fragments that enemies drop is orders of magnitude better than your explorers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Finally have ethereal in both slots, that's a good boost.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Idle Bouncer is actually some kinda nice brainless fun. If you hit level 500 on a ball it skyrockets x1M so it's not as linear progressionwise as I thought.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The bouncing balls are mesmerizing but that's all the game has going for it linear or not. The second you wish for flavor or new mechanics or something else besides mixing up the ball you want bouncing the longest and highest is the second the game loses all pull.

:shrug:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nice.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Poultron posted:

I mean in terms of having anything unlocked. You would still have all of your stuff unlocked if you abdicated, you'd just lose a tremendous amount of production.

So...ascension?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This is stupid.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You're way ahead of me, how'd you do it?

At a certain point the density and gravity are way too expensive so it's fine to dump meta into balloon stuff which actually helps a lot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tempered Magic is just an unfun mechanic tbh.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

If you get bored with Trimps what I always do is check back in a couple months to see if there's some more stuff to keep me occupied in my tier. For example, the current test patch has a new challenge system with attack, health, and helium gain increases for the further you go in them and that'll be nice.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Apparently the way to play is upgrade all the lower tiers before upgrading higher ones because they boost the higher ones.

Also max out head first, it stops at 10%.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cyberpope v2 posted:

The only good thing to come out of this stupid game is watching you meltdown.

Nice meltdown

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Crusaders of the Lost Idols just had an update that adds a crafting system to make your items better, looks intersting and might convince me to play it again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The "a whole shitton of people get wounded or lost from hunting/exploring/whatever" is a glaring issue currently and orteil is aware of it and that it's a bug

e: Oh I missed that a patch came out. It's still in early alpha so I assume it'll be a bit before it's more worth playing. It seems fun at least.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I kind of got bored with the game because progression slows way the gently caress down once you hit like Senior Scientist and gently caress if I wanna redo all that poo poo with the uber-reset.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Crusaders is so slow that doing a hard reset is probably not a good idea.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is revolution just idle bouncer 2

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Got a fun bug in Crank where I can't see what any of the # per fabrication upgrade requirements besides the one for Scrap Metal. Guess it's time to play a guessing game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Perfect Tower is yet another idle game that gives me a WebGL space error, so I'll have to give it a miss.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No but you can gently caress with a pantheon with temples and spells with wizard towers now

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man getting back into RG and I don't know what any of these prefixes on research builds mean like NU and U and OH

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm going to assume that there's some dumb thing that resets your "total time as evil/good/neutral" in RG that's going to make some of these researches bad, because none of my total times as those are over an hour

At least my time spent as each faction is kept

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh don't worry I'm just coming back to the game and I've done most of the annoying time-balancing trophies a long time ago, I just didn't remember whether or not it would constantly wipe my "total time played as x alignment" whenever I close and reopen my Steam app/Kong page

Just a little weird and iffy and I'm not sure if it's because of the steam app or cloud saves or what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ah, just this R, that makes more sense

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is there anything I should do before Ascension? I just got to R39; I've got 700 trophies right now; all challenges available are complete, and I have 11 Quest artifacts and 20 Lore artifacts. The only Researches I haven't unlocked are gated behind "hey, dig up 40 artifacts and then play Drow".

Probably go clean up the lore artifacts

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm rounding out some Neutral Faction playtime since I don't have 5 days as all of them yet, it's all in like Mercs or Elves or poo poo from the various points I stopped playing

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I do

When it becomes an obligation rather than something you can do if you want it becomes annoying

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nah it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Tone down the meme's and nerd culture stuff, like Kittens game. Why the gently caress are the workers called kittens and eat catnip but the rest of the game simulates a normal sci-fi society as we know it from various movies?

:confused: