Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Idling to Rule the Gods is on Steam now. It's not a very strategic game, but there's a lot of numbers that get really high. It's the idle game I've spent the most time with.

Min-maxing the challenge paths can be a little strategic at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

the auschwitz diet posted:

I thought they just aren't animated, but now I'm not sure. The real problem with the game is the "abilities duration is increased by killing bosses" scales faster than the enemies do and you permanently have skills active if you are holding down shift to spam upgrades, obviating the "idle" aspect of the game. Game still owns.

You can set it to auto-upgrade dudes so it's still idle. Think it's totally intended because you do eventually hit a wall and that's when you prestige.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

The slayer does all the work once you get him.

Everybody hits a new plateau of power at different times so if you switch it DPS % mode you'll see Hero Ninja Thief Slayer and DK bouncing from 1% to 90% damage. Samurai is used for a chieve and merchant/alchemist/general have good buffs.

dipple fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 24, 2016

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

hypnorotic posted:

For infiroad how exactly does the "buy to upgrade/promotion/legendary" function? For afking what is best?

It buys levels up to the next upgrade/promotion/legendary. For idle set it to ALL

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

When do you start getting the second set of relics in infiniroad? I'm at 600k mithril spent now and I'm pretty sure I have every one that's available from the start.

zone 10,000

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks, going to try with ALL + AFK mode.

I had not yet visited the mithril page so i had not seen that text.

EDIT: My Infroad completely stagnates at level 327. Getting there takes little time at all, but for 3 games in a row now progress has basically stopped at level 327. I have tripled my mithril since the first time i got here so i don't understand why i cant progress past it.

There's a weakness to ALL in that it only levels everyone at once or no one if you don't have the cash for ALL, occasionally you have to check in and manually promote a couple dudes to push past stall out points.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

How do you equip multiple of the same spell? I know i read a tip ingame when i unlocked a feature like that but when i try to drag the same spell down to another slot it just moves to that slot and the previous spell appears in the slot the first spell was in.

if you craft a duplicate you can use the spell in additional slots

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
The bouncing game really reminded me of swarm sim, kinda want to go rerun that guy.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This game is just nuts.

I don't even know how to explain it, other than my xyphoid process is level 5:

http://semitrivial.com/

lol multiple people can register with the same name and if that happens everyone gets locked out of their characters

there's even a specific error message for it "It seems like *multiple* players named Orange were found in the game's database (?!?) No way to know which one to use! "

how can this be a thing

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

serefin99 posted:

Really annoyed by the games on Kongregate that don't let you do a complete reset (re: Zombidle and Crusaders of the Lost Idols). Maybe I'm alone in this, but when I leave a game for months/years and decide to come back to it, I prefer being able to restart from the absolute beginning.

I'd imagine Kongregate bans it in cash shop games because of potential customer service headaches.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

I'm a little confused about the Divinity Generator in ItrtG. I don't quite see the point in assigning clones to load stone into it when you can just buy a billion and instantly load them yourself, and I don't see any way you can automatically generate stone fast enough to keep it fed. What am I missing?

Once you upgrade converting speed a bit you won't want to be constantly adding stone manually, and you just do just buy the stone in bulk with divinity.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Garfu posted:

These are my stats:

and UBCs still take 12 days ughhhhhh

you gotta be doing something wrong because you have 10x my stats and my UBCs are 4 day runs. I think there's a UBC guide on the kong forums I followed when running them.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

something posted:

Much like in my university days im open to new ideas

Some dude in kong chat was mad over the fact that buying base energy speed wasnt increasing his energy gain because you gotta buy in big chunks to move barfills from 4 ticks to 3 ticks to 2 ticks.
And I kinda agree its a bit of a newb trap that you can potentially burn a lot of exp without an increase.
Ideas:
- Allow spillover into the next energy bar
- brainstorm some other formula with a similar curve but with noticeable change with every point
- change the buy page from 0.1 and 1 to however much actually causes an increase in speed

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

What did you do to get e12 void mana as an apprentice?

run void terror with whatever +pet ability and +void mana equipment you got

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Devor posted:

For Troll Challenge, is there any reason not to leave it up idling for 8 hours to max out my Yggdrasil fruits? The "bad" effect that tanks your boss number can only hit you once, yeah? I think the power boosts from the 8-hour run (and better time adjustment) would outweigh that, compared to my full-attention 30-min runs

Fruit alone won't make up for the big trolls that will have turned off your NGU, beard, and Wandoos bonuses. For troll you want to be rebirthing fast, much faster than 30 minutes. Like aim for 1 big troll per run, maybe 2 if the 1st doesn't turn anything off.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Things seemed to have fixed themselves by the time of the BEAST, I had that entire set to 100 and fully maxed power/toughness/special within a couple days. So I'm not sure game-wide changes to boosts or buffing boost perks or drop rate is necessary, but specifically the special required for badly drawn (and Candy Cane) is way too high.

Beard Legs: 18,800 special
Waldo legs: 37,000 special
Badly Legs: 6,200,000 special
Earth legs: 5,500,000 special
Slimy legs: 8,800,000 special

I think the keep it simple solution is knock a zero or two off the special requirements of Badly Drawn (and candy cane)

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Hmm, does anything affect macguffin values? The values are increasing over time. Drop chance is up to .007, beard is up to .01. Do they just get stronger over time?
The multiplier goes up the longer you've been in the rebirth. I believe it's supposed to start at 30 minutes in and cap at 24 hours.

Garfu posted:

Is the time machine in evil supposed to be excruciatingly slow again?
Yes.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Get more rich jerks and rich perks.
Get more bars so your beards start gaining temp levels earlier.
Cap wandoos as soon as possible

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

pixaal posted:

Currently there is no reason to do a 1 2 or 4 hour run, Idle 1-3. This is a good place to put them. Perhaps 1h runs give an arrow card to change the arrow direction on a card using magic tokens, 4h runs give a faction card and 2h runs give a random one. Arrow direction and faction both are things you are going to have an easy time changing once you build up a good number of cards. You will always have obsolete cards other than early on for this. It also lets you play with these features without feeling like you are wasting cards in the beginning. .

??? You get far more of the permanent currencies with 8 1 hour runs than sitting in idle 4 for 8 hours

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Two EF things i want:

A quicker multi-sacrifice like fusion has multi-fusion

The ability to filter out cards that are part of any set, like I'm in Grassy Plains right now staring at a 155 card inventory and pondering which of these cards will totally gently caress up my Pristine Road and Faraway Watchtowers builds if i sac/fuse them.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

shs posted:

I just uploaded a new version (b46) that fixes the magic token and scale issues and has some other little adjustments.

The stat summary (small) window somehow went from the lower right of the screen to covering most of the playfield

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Eldercain posted:

So do you have future plans to make boosts more appealing late? I'm already toughness soft cap and will probably be there for power before edgy set and I can't imagine that I'll ever get fat away from that. Or is cube soft cap staying as a small bonus + catchup mechanic

Once you get the iron pill perks and later evil sets you'll be no where close to soft capping.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

pixaal posted:

There's a perk that "removes randomness from quests" I assume you can pick any quest you want currently saving up to unlock this. My plan is to get a few inventory tabs worth of the same item and spam the same quest for it completely all my major quests without having to baby sit.

edit: 4G posted, have I completely misunderstood what that perk level 610 does?

Quest assigned is still random with that perk, it just sets the turn in amount required to always be 50 instead of 50-58

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

something posted:

Please fling your opinions at me like a bunch of Rheesus monkeys would fling their poop after eating tainted bananas. thanks
Dropping most or all words from the front of the buttons and just color coding them green 1/2 1/4 and blue 1/2 1/4 would free up a big chunk of space.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Its not a timer its the base rate.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

13m Adventure magic NGU, 67m normal

I don't understand how you even made it to exile with only 13 million in mNGU adv, really low magic stats?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Buzkashi posted:

This is after I got the wish for the pit, is this a monkey paw thing?
It's supposed to be stats based on your most recent casting of Iron Pill, which isn't recorded onto your save file, so if you load and money pit before casting iron pill i guess you get zero.

Edit: Apparently it's based on blood per second? did you have magic in blood

dipple fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 14, 2019

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Well as you noticed, you can absolutely torpedo a run by spending all your points on further leveling t1 skills instead of saving up for the key t2 and t3 skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

I like the game but the spike in expectation that planets cause coupled with what feels like really slow fan growth at that stage (even if any new planet's population is INSTANTLY guaranteed to be playing the game from the second I get to them) just killed a lot of my excitement. Did all the challenges before the (first?) bug one and I just cba to grind fans in a given run and reach it.

It's counter-intuitive but currently you can't lose fans and still gain fans from absolutely poo poo games so at a point it's optimal to just release games at 10% or less fan expectation to pump fans.