Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Eldercain posted:

What am I supposed to be spending this helium on? None of these things seem especially spectacular.

Once you get far enough you start generating helium per hour. It really adds up. Also completing challenges unlocks new perks to spend helium on, some of which are very very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Shrug, it doesn't change the gameplay at all so I'm probably disposed to hate it because it's new and different, you know?

They have repeatedly confirmed that it will change gameplay because it will allow them to introduce new gameplay elements which they couldn't before.

quote:

Besides the eye-candy, the new interface will also open up a lot of options for new features and mechanics. Just to give a few examples, we will finally be able to add more spells, organize tabs in a better way and convey in-game information much more efficiently. We will share more visual samples and information over the next weeks!

quote:

Remember that the graphic update is not just for the sake of fanciness, but it will also open up many new options for game features, and we are really committing to make it worthy of your praise!

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It doesn't look like anything in the middle is interactable. It's just a display of the faction and the buildings on a bigger screen afaict. Kinda cool if superfluous

yea seeing my poo poo graphically grow over time will be rad.

also it looks extremely nice & the old UI is atrocious

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the worst thing about perfect tower is that additional hit procs only work at the lowest speed (unless the dev has managed to figure that out)

that's why your furthest run on slow will be way way further than on fast

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the new UI is fine itll take you like two days to get used to it

only legit criticism is the lovely font which they gotta add an option to switch at the very least

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Merijn posted:

I'm guessing from your reactions that it probably gets useful pretty late in the game? I'm at R3 and having over 1000 of a single building is still pretty rare.

yes. and later on you should try to avoid using buy max both because of general inefficiency & the existence of a research that gives you a production bonus based on how much gold you have. so spending all your money using buy max on something with rapidly rising costs will end up hurting your short-term production

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Falcon2001 posted:

I also am still playing https://ivark.github.io/ antimatter galaxies - it takes a while but eventually speeds up quite a bit and you can start doing upgrades/etc.

this game is only playable if you use inspect element to get rid of the stupid ticker

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

one of the devs of the antimatter game added a big secret update and the main dev got mad and removed it because it conflicted with his memes about there never being a 9th dimension and now there’s a big shitshow

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Samuringa posted:

NGU: I figure this game is still too new to have any sort of walkthrough, and somethingggg is frequently loving everything up changing stuff so it might not even be worth it, but can someone give me some pointers? I'm just wondering if I'm wasting anything here:

Energy Speed is maxed out with equipment boosts, I also have Auto Merge, Loot Filter, Auto Advance and 16/60 Inventory Spaces. Currently getting the Cheese Set to 100 and then going to throw Boosts at it until I can handle Sky.

I figure at this point I should consider investing a bit into Blood Magic but that seems so lame.

Someone posted this on the forums and it helped a lot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mlPuLXbq0d7FOqF-dgUCDV9Xndc4pmhSXK1MrNA8EI8/edit?usp=sharing

chaosbreather posted:

Hey guys, what’s the best clicker for iPhone at the moment? I tried Realm Grinder from the OP but it’s quite difficult to read.

Eggs Inc is okay I guess? Also Swarm Sim just came out on iOS with what so far seems like full functionality, though I honestly preferred the old minimalist web look.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Idle Wasteland is prob the best incremental/clicker-type android game I've seen in a while. Boring title but that's searchability for you

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I think NGU is at a pretty good level of active play for me. Not too much that it feel like a chore but enough that doing more helps you progress faster.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

NGU question: if I have a full set of Mega Lands gear that's maxxed, is it expected for me to dump quite a bit of XP into the adventure stats to start making Adventure progress in the Beardverse? Gold Diggers and Beards aren't helping me progress at any reasonable rate.

Like Musluk said, don't dump XP into adventure stats. Beardverse is a huge jump up to reach and will take a while before you can make it there. Keep using your XP on energy & magic and try to pump up your NGUs. It takes everyone a few weeks to get past that part generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

something posted:

Has anyone brought up Quepland yet?

https://www.kongregate.com/games/billybillyjim/quepland

Fun little resource management thing with some exploration. It's a pretty early build though, so it's missing a lot of stuff to actually make it idle. I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Immediately seeing a giant list of skills to level is exactly my poo poo.

The menus need a bit of work but I hope they continue on this. One of the more interesting newcomers I've seen recently.