Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Wow Shark Game is great.

I also started up Sandcastle Builder about two weeks ago, and holy poo poo that game. I'd say link to its (now dead) thread in the OP, cus wow that guide is mandatory. Anyone still play it at all or am I basically the only one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Len posted:

I've tried but it has a hostile interface that I've never been able to get past.

http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/classic.html is a slightly better interface, but yeah it’s pretty ugly and not very user-friendly. If you can devote some time to messing around with it it actually gets a little more playable and eventually you get used to it. Not a glowing endorsement, I know.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I've been getting more into clickers lately after finding the last thread. I've been vaguely considering making one of my own for fun, so I've got a question for you guys: what do you like to see in clickers? What makes one clicker better than another to you? What do you hate about clickers? This can just be personal preference or whatever, just looking for input!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Does anyone still play A Kittens Game? I started it up yesterday and have kind of reached a wall. I'm on year 74 with 26 kittens in my village, and Theology is the only science I have available right now. I'm not sure what I should be going for - coal seems like the big resource at the moment to make tons of poo poo with steel, but it takes soooo long to make coal, my production of it is ridiculously slow. I've currently got 18 smelters and 16 mines, should I have more? Should I focus on something else? I want to make Steamworks, but Holy poo poo I can't make steel nearly quickly enough for it to feel possible.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You're probably overvaluing Steamworks. It's nice that they give you uncapped idle production, but they're incredibly slow. Get hunters and amphitheaters -- that's how you progress in the sciences, and amphitheaters actually improve your production a ton.

Oh, huh, didn't realize amphitheaters were so good. I made 10 of them, should I just keep pumping them up along with getting more cats to do more stuff?