Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Factory Idle suffers from exactly the same type of issues as the reactor idlers

Possibility to go into negative income and paint yourself into a corner, undoing all your effort for potentially days
Lots of wasted space it is not possible to use due to awkward sizes of buildings and/or inability to rotate them
Lack of sense of progress from getting a new material only to find out you need a ton of other upgrades for it to be better than old ones

And the most infuriating of all:
Finding this really great layout that utilizes almost all available space only for it to not work because the metal lab in that spot decides to output trash to research lab and metal reports to the recycler, with no ability for the player to influence this.

A shame really, the potential in reactor/factory idlers is great but there are too many lousy mechanics and/or outright bugs for these games to be enjoyable (personal opinion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Done with archwizard! Took 11 days 14 hours, in R36.
Only trophy left now is the 750 iron stronghold one, which i am not sure how to get. I used a build i found a guide for but could only get 600, which is a very long way from 750.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I assume you already have the challenge that makes your buildings count as more buildings, the Dwarf or whatever one. It's trivial post-ascension if you're willing to wait (because its requirements change), but if not just get to the end of your R and go neutral mercs with dwarf (1,2) for the multiplier reduction. I tried Goblin bloodline for even more cost reduction but ended up actually using old-Demon (the flat +mana regen), but Druid should work fine too, your goal is to go Tax Collection > mercs > Goblin's Greed > pay for upgrades with those FC > wait until 4:50 and jam all your spells at once and buy max Strongholds.

No gem power doesn't stop Goblin's Greed from keying off those, so you still get FC, and it's super cheap so you can Tax Collection for your first few FC to get Greed itself. Ruby Power isn't prohibited, so that can give you a few bonus assistants. Where specifically are you getting stuck?

You mention a merc build but im not able to get anywhere near the E55 coins required to even start on mercs. I get to E43 coins, with Elven bloodline and Titans. Elven bloodline is even the only bloodline that lets me unlock neutral factions in the first place, the other bloodlines only get to mid E15 coins in the 5 minute time limit (1E16 coins required to unlock neutral factions)

I have all challenges.

The best i am able to do is 550 iron strongholds in 5 minutes.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

Please tell me that at some R I get to skip the brain numbing tedium that is Lightning Forge, because goddamn, that is an enjoyment killer.

Try Diamond Forge for a more predictable and AFK friendly build.

You can probably start skipping mercs around R25ish? I don't remember exactly when, but its been a while since i did merc builds (R36 now)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Oenis posted:

Guys it feels really good to be free of idle games. Kind of refreshing that no interesting new ones have come out lately, I'm sure I would get sucked right in again. But I'm burned out on all the popular ones and I don't miss them a bit.

What I'm saying is, there's hope for you all and light at the end of the tunnel. Just click it a bit to get closer.

Doing archwizard in RG was the best decision i made. I didn't have to check the game for 10 days and after receiving the trophy i just quit the browser and left it offline. :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Eldercain posted:

You did swap to faceless first though right?

e: does this perfect tower thing ever let you kind of auto-idle at all or is the factory the only truly idle part about it?

I already had the 1e15% offline production trophy. The only thing i was missing was the undead artifact, 750 iron stronghold trophy and the reincarnation trophies (since i am at r36)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

damnfan posted:

Anybody have an autoclicker for Realm Grinder?

Easy Auto Clicker

Been using this for well over a year now for all kinds of idlers. Its great for getting through #click achievements and such.

Just remember realm grinder is capped at 30 clicks per second.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How do you get the dwarf/drow research relics to appear in your buyable upgrades in the new RG?

ALl my research trees are at 5/5 upgrades so its not like the buy all button has bought the horn of kings (if thats whati t was called) but its not in my buyable upgrades list (They are grouped)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Merijn posted:

I'm guessing from your reactions that it probably gets useful pretty late in the game? I'm at R3 and having over 1000 of a single building is still pretty rare.

Around R30 it is possible to buy 5000 of most buildings at the same time, at least when playing good. "Buy 1000" is the best feature of the RG update.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pylons posted:

Buy all upgrades. :colbert:

Buy all upgrades saves a lot less clicks than having to click 550 times to buy 50 times 100 of each building :colbert:

Amish posted:

Eh, I'm at R35 and the Buy 1000 button confused me, too. I rarely use anything but the Buy Max now except for in Excavations where I usually grab 100 at a time to make starting up the Merc phase slightly faster, though the Merc phase seems to last about 4 abdications now and is getting less and less important.

Buy Max all buildings/exchanges, push all the buttons when available.

You shouldn't need to use mercs at all at R35, much less a whopping 4 abdications with them. I think i stopped using them at around R25? It's been a while so memory is hazy.

For R38 i did angel/dwarf/druid BL from the start and was doing research by the time i hit E52 gems. (on the third abdication)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 6, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

It is for mobile phones but Egg Inc is a pretty decent idler/clicker. It is something as rare as a mobile idler that isn't a flat out clone of AdCap and does several innovative things.

The offline timer is 2 hours capped if you don't sink money into the game and the unlock for more offline time (10 hours i believe) is fairly expensive (55 NOK, so i guess around $8) If this had been more reasonably priced i probably would have bought it. The game does have the standard IAP currency (golden eggs) but you get a ton of them from daily gifts and the stuff you unlock with them is not particularly important.

Hot tip: When holding down the button to spawn more chickens, click on one of the menus while doing so, this "locks in" the chicken spawning button so you don't have to manually hold it down.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chakan posted:

It's $4.99 USD.

What the poo poo. Then it should be about 42 NOK then, not 55.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

There has been 3 decent idlers for mobiles released this week that slightly break the adcap/clicker heroes routine. (I have them on iOS, im assuming they exist for android as well)

AbyssRium (word play on Abyss Aquarium i think) is adcap'ish but lets you look at a relaxing aquarium. It is also not very cash grabby. There are no prestige mechanic though, from what i can tell.

Egg Inc has a few unique mechanics. Progress stagnates something fierce when trying to unlock the second to last egg though

Tap Transcend, a clicker with a storyline, where you build up a planet by starting with simple elements and progressing from there. Has a gameplay twist in that it turns into a multiplayer strategy game after you have built the planet.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

dipple posted:

It buys levels up to the next upgrade/promotion/legendary. For idle set it to ALL

When do you get this button? I only have Roll over buy: AFK mode for automatically getting 1 hero bought when afk. Would'nt mind getting them all upgraded!

And does consuming the mithril still give its passive bonus to your heroes? In some similar games, e.g. AdCap, consuming the prestige currency means it wont grant bonii, whereas in Clicker Heroes you still get bonii even though you spent them on ancients (iirc)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 24, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks, going to try with ALL + AFK mode.

I had not yet visited the mithril page so i had not seen that text.

EDIT: My Infroad completely stagnates at level 327. Getting there takes little time at all, but for 3 games in a row now progress has basically stopped at level 327. I have tripled my mithril since the first time i got here so i don't understand why i cant progress past it.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 24, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Aurora posted:

Hmm.

Frankly, I like it when idlers are stupid broken like this :v:

The image is blocked for me but is your Infroad broken as well? I am no longer able to open it

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The blocker at work is blocking it for "social media". (facebook, imgur, reddit, SA, etc works fine)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What exactly does Demon King do in Infiroad? He only spawns when you click is what i understand from the tooltip.

Dragongem posted:

Oh man the progression in infiroad goes from 0 to crazy. I just got the boss rush skill and the time extender relic and now my screen is a blur of numbers and monsters

I wish my PC was powerful enough to show the game as a blur!
The only thing of significance i see updating when i use the row of 6 skills is the level number, occationally the mithril number updates.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 26, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

More Realm Grinder stuff: What's the best combo with prestige factions? Just unlocked Dwarves and the combo with Angels was kinda poo poo but with Elves my gem gain exploded (especially if I can be assed to use an autoclicker for a bit).

E: Holy poo poo that Hall of Fame upgrade, just went from 650 Qi to 6 Sp gems.

Are you using a solid build for your dwangels?

I have been using dwangels exclusively since that was possible (R27?) and until now at R39, and no other combination has come close to dwangel performance.
Admittedly i haven't played RG since early this year and things might have changed.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

I assuming they are talking about pre-Research, where Dwairy is the best, not post-Research, where Dwangels are the best.

Probably. I have forgotten most of how the game was then and when you unlocked the various stuff.

Is the standalone Infiroad client safe to use? The web based one bogs down my computer something fierce.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GB_Sign posted:

I would say it is recommended. I decided to finally grab the standalone and it runs a 100x faster than the web version. I am more annoyed that I waited so long to grab the standalone version because I am nearly done the game.

This is literally true and not a figure of speech. It is insane how much faster the game is now. It took like 10 seconds to get to world 16000, which took hours on the web version.

Thanks!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

I just can't get back into RG with the new graphics and interface. I tried.

Same. I tried multiple times to play RG again after the graphics update but its not sticking with me. I am even at R39 and not that far away from ascension.

Vil posted:

At this point though, the issue is more that the game still hasn't released a meaningful content update in the better part of a year, and they no longer have the graphics and interface project as an excuse.

Realm Grinder already has more content, innovation and gameplay than multiple other idle games, combined. I am not sure why everyone feels so entitled to get more content in RG yet at the same time play AdCap or similar games completely devoid of any gameplay or innovation.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Because I don't. RG was the only idle game I stuck with long-term, until I quit before the graphics update and there's been no reason to come back since.

I could have been more accurate in my statement. I was talking in general, i see a lot of people wanting more content for RG yet virtually no one asking for more content in AdCap. Both of these games are very popular. One of them has tons of content, huge replayability and lots of varied gameplay. The other has little change to gameplay and is samey from the first time you click a button.

I too want more content for RG since i enjoy(ed) the game (until the graphics update) but at this point it would be more of a bonus than an expectation. There is already a lot of content in the game.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 9, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I am just annoyed that AdCap gets the amount of attention it does while much more interesting (subjective) games sometimes barely reach critical mass to continue to attract or keep players.

When developers see the popularity of AdCap they will just clone that game (already happened several times) instead of making more innovative games in a genre that still has a lot of potential innovation left.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Lazy Kings is interesting and i hope it gets fleshed out more, but it is a bit rough around the edges.

For battles while playing elves, the only thing that matters is your Archer quantity. A battle will only be "won" once the enemy number is lower than your archer number (since each archer kills 1 enemy), so buildings such as ents who kills enemies in battle effectively do nothing.
Same with orcs, your orcs lost per battle is [enemy number] - [your champion number], not taking into account towers.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Eldercain posted:

Has anyone mentioned endless dream yet? It's got kind of an interesting battle system and although I'm not very far in it seems to have quite a bit of customization. Not sure how well it scales up but I assume if they have an ascension system in place there's probably at least some folks in the endgame.

I mean it doesn't do anything particularly new but it seems to do it competently at least.

Tried it out after your post. Its alright but a bit too many buttons and progression mechanics. There is a ton of ways to customize your dudes, from having a huge amount of classes to select from, to putting gear on them, to upgrading their myriad of skills, to prestiging them so they gain talent points, to ascension to reset your whole game for another progression mechanic.
As far as player input there is a bunch of buttons the player needs to click (no autocasting or similar), the player needs to regularly select gear to be equipped (this could do with some automation) as well as select which dungeon your dudes should fight in. The game was interesting while unlocking all 6 dudes but started feeling a bit samey after that. The progress seems slow as well, i am at floor 35 of the repeatable dungeon, out of level 9999. After this dungeon you need to do another 9999 floors in a different dungeon to ascend. Each floor has 10 fights you need to win to progress to the next floor. That means 200000 fights to ascend the first time.
You can tell the game to progress to the next floor after beating a floor and while this adds some automation to the game you will quickly end up going to a floor where your dudes gets killed, meaning they go back to town and stop progressing entirely. It would be better if they just went back to the previous floor or something (maybe after a short cooldown period)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 16, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Slurpy Derpy:

-Evolving feels like a punishment in that you go back to square 1 and get a very small progression increase from it.
-Devolving feels like a gigantic punishment that resets everything to 1 and gives you some other small progression increase from it, like literally weeks to get back to where you were.
-Having to re-research angel and reaper after a devolution is a bullshit mechanic that further contributes to devolution feeling like a punishment.
-The dev claims he is interested in feedback but any kind of feedback gets brushed off or aggressively attacked/criticized (this is much more noticeable on the kongregate chat).
-You aren't allowed to post a list of the secret achievements on the reddit SD forum (presumably because the dev doesn't want people to get easy slurpies?).
-Cookies are pointless beyond the first few seconds after each evolution where you assign 1 derp to each cookie job then upgrade the population cap in the other 3 game areas (population, military, science)
-Very CPU intensive game with lots of needlessly flashy graphics.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Speaking of which, do you have the list?

I did find one when there was 12, before the change to evo/devolutions, which added another 12. Here are the ones i remember from the top of my head:

-Win a fight with an army made up of only girls, at least 6
-Have a 10 generation difference between king and queen
-Conquer a map with a single derp (just the boss, actually)
-Play for 7 days
-play for 30 days
-Reduce a stat to 0 (turn off angel)
- -100% unhappiness reached (Needs you to have a decent amount of energy so you actually have enough energy to get to -100%)
-Level 100 derp sacrificed (super easy, just let them fight for a while which will skyrocket their levels)
-9001 generations of derps
-Attack with an open army slot
-Lose 20 derps in a single battle (this one is actually fairly hard and requires planning)
- Reach a 12 population cap.

EDIT: Thats 12! These are all the first batch of secret achievements.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

How do you spend achievement points, the screen doesn't respond in either Chrome or Opera when i click on stuff with 12 points available.

E: in Idle Kings specifically.

You click on the red text or numbers to make them green, this assigns a point.
Works fine for me in Chrome.
You have started a new game right? When you click new game, with assignable achievement points available, it will take you to the achievement screen before starting the new game. This is when you assign points.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So it took about 2 hours from the start of Pokeclicker until i cleared all 25 routes and the champion in the gym at route 23. Is that all there is to this game?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

With the lack of new and interesting idlers lately i started playing [url=]The Perfect Tower[/url]

It has a decent amount of interesting features and mechanics, a ludicrous amount of upgrades and require a bit of babysitting so its not a very idle idler. It contains one of my biggest gaming pet peeves though, detrimental upgrades. In the later stages of the game you will die if your damage is too high because enemies reflect your shots back at you and your damage output far outpaces your health. Suddenly the game shifts from a pure focus on offensive upgrades (the only realistic way of achieving progress up until then) and to focusing on defensive upgrade (useless until then)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have played "all" the idlers and Trimps is one of the most boring ones. It feels like a reskinned AdCap, with way more buttons, in that you never get the sense of "wee its going fast!" when you unlock some new crazy upgrade.

Gilg posted:

Does anyone have experience with Endless Frontier? (Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ekkorr.endlessfrontier.global&hl=en , iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/endless-frontier/id1073014391?mt=8 ) I saw a mention of it somewhere, but the screenshots and description don't do anything to help explain it other than another idler that has PvP and guilds.

Its free. Try it out and give us your impressions?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

At least Kittens Game speeds up and gets you back to where you were quickly. Things that were extremely expensive or impossible to buy earlier becomes trivially cheap later on. A so called paradigm shift as this thread has dubbed it.

Trimps has no such thing.
On the first run you get to (example numbers) map 10, you reset, then take almost the same amount of time to get back to 10 but can make it to map 11. Reset and get to map 12. Reset and get to map 13, "oh look a new type of upgrade, this time ill get much further". Reset and get to 15, "oh i guess not".

Good god how boring.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Aurora posted:

lol @ claiming trimps has no paradigm shifts after playing it for an hour

I played it for a few months, until world 120 or so then stopped as i found it boring.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

jjac posted:

you can always equip 5 firewalls or shock nets and mow everything.

How do you equip multiple of the same spell? I know i read a tip ingame when i unlocked a feature like that but when i try to drag the same spell down to another slot it just moves to that slot and the previous spell appears in the slot the first spell was in.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ah crap, so "just equip 5 of the same spell" is not really something that is feasible for most players then.

Not sure what the fuzz for "Idle" Mage Attack is. Its incredibly slow progress, needs babysitting all the time and is so complex for what little is going on.

Offline progress is restricted to regaining your power after an enchanting or finishing research. No further power or gold is gained.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Falcon2001 posted:

Y'all got me playing derivative clicker, damnit.

On another note, replayed through Wall Destroyer again. Forgot about how good it was, aside from the lack of multipurchase making prestiging a huge pain in the rear end.

When WalL Destroyer was current, some goon posted a script he had made that would autobuy whichever building was currently the cheapest. I found this invaluable for my sanity once i had prestiged a few times. IIRC you had to prestige somewhere around 40 times to get to the final wall.
This script was posted so long ago it was probably posted in the old thread.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Trimps question;

Highest zone 262, 12,9B helium, running AutoTrimps.

I have been running it while afk for a week now and noticed that AutoTrimps never finished Spire, only getting to zone 80 or so.
The script leveled only Shield and Dagger to high prestiges, despite my AT settings saying GambesOP to prestige to. All the gear settings are green/on except Buy Shield Block. [Dynamic Prestige z] setting doesnt seem to do much, putting it to a low number or high number doesn't affect what prestiges the script buys. I babysat the game at 199 and left it running on a map so that it got all the highest prestiges then turned on the script again and when it then got to Spire it blazed through the whole thing overkilling every zone. Why isn't the script doing this on its own?

My He/hr used to peak at 255 (then everything crawled to a halt while AT kept going to 260 as thats what i had my [HeHr Dont Portal Before] setting at), again because AT doesn't level the various equipment prestiges. AT keeps leveling the gear itself but AT doesn't enter maps to pick up prestiges. Manually babysitting the script at this point and getting all the prestiges let me quickly get to 262. How do i get AT to actually grab the prestiges? Blacksmithery I mastery doesn't help a lot since it only grants prestiges up to 131, which doesn't do much good at 262.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I like the idea of dynamic prestige but once it is past the zone that you have specified in the options it should level all prestiges according to the prestige setting in the AT gear menu. This is not happening and it keeps plodding along with woefully inadequate gear, only really leveling shield and dagger (And for some reason leveling helmet and mace a bit but nowhere near to the levels of the first two, meaning they are still useless)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Sindai posted:

One of your other settings is interfering with dynamic prestige, but it's hard to tell which without seeing your full settings. My guess is the one about not farming for prestiges if you already have unbought ones, since I think that overrides everything else.

Did you try the settings I posted? They work fine for me. You'll get to full or nearly full prestiges near the end of the run when AT starts running maps to make progress. Even in theory I don't think dynamic prestige does anything automaps doesn't do on its own.

Something I missed in your first post: Blacksmithing 1 makes a huge difference because you're getting half your prestiges for free, so when you start farming near your final zones it takes half as long to cap them.

Thanks ill try that.

I do see from the graph page that i am getting steadily more and more he/hr after each portal so there is some sort of progress. The runs still stop at 260 though, which is where they stopped ~2 weeks ago as well.

How do i get more mastery points faster? That is going incredibly slow. I need 47,9 million for the next upgrade and only get a couple million mastery points per day. Most of the scryer options are enabled in AT.