Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
After being used to getting 2k+ assistants right off the bat it's really hard to adjust to not having it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Luckily people have made guides so you can just save templates and load them and still avoid paying any attention at all

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It kinda sucks living in a time zone where UTC 12pm to 6pm is "I'm asleep or heading to work and starting my day"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

R27-29 were very slow going for me and I'm not sure what can be done to speed it up; even the titan build with the lightning strike research was pretty slow going. All I can say is if you can spare the time to play during the production phase of sun force then that will catapult you through them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anyone have good Dwarf or Drow builds to grind out excavations post-prestige for chances at the artifacts?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Just got into ascension and R44 is rough whoo boy. I read about spell tiers on the wiki and are these as insane as they seem to be?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

They're certainly impressive, but these unlock requirements are pretty unreal.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Are the active time counts for spell tier timers per abdication or per reincarnation?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm closing in on R46 now. I don't suppose there's a build that'd let me take care of the demon and fairy bits at the same time with a merc build, so I can get in free double grinding on the spell tiers?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

I'm trying to play Realm Grinder on my phone but the offline/total play time is really strange for it. I'm trying to pick up the trophy for being within 1 minute of playtime for each faction and it feels like the timers sometimes aren't incrementing when it seems like they should.

If the app is active when your phone goes to sleep (screen turns off) then it's effectively frozen in time. You have to make sure to either close it to accumulate offline time or keep it open all the time and not let your phone go to sleep.

E: fiuuuuuuuuck dragons. I thought I was past having to rely on lightning strike rng to make progress.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is there a way to scry on the Steam version?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Not that I can see. But at some point they made the early game much faster than when I first started, so it's pretty quick even without scrying for faction coins.

I meant less that and more the 2x income buff, actually

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If you unlock a spell tier, do you have to actually buy the upgrade before reincarnating for it to register? Like say I unlocked tiers 2, 3, and 4 in one reincarnation. I bought 2 and 3 but couldn't buy 4 for the first time and then reincarnated. Do I have to unlock tier 4 all over again?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The third Dragon challenge is absurd

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is it just me or are lineages super underwhelming compared to most of the other big paradigm shifts? Or is this another thing that's a slow start and then after a few reincarnations it will increase my income by a factor of 1000

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Okay I unlocked Undead Lineage 5 and now it's definitely blowing my mind, but can someone explain the tooltip for me? I don't understand how "increases assistants by 8% of the amount" = 20x your assistants. What is "the amount"?

Also, do any of the lineages affect each other at all passively, or are all lineage bonuses contained within their respective bloodlines? Is there any reason aside from completion's sake to level up some of the others?

e: Okay so from what I can tell, "the amount" is the number of assistants that the bloodline provides, and instead of it being 8% OF that amount it's "8% per assistant you would have gotten from the bloodline"

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 29, 2017

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

R64 and things are really starting to slow down again. Anything I should be doing while waiting for my moneys to slowly creep upward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Vil posted:

You've done all the dragon challenges and have leveled undead lineage to 5 for its enormous pile of assistants, right? If you've knocked out both those things you should have smooth (fast, actually) sailing until the low R70s, at which point you'll probably want either undead lineage to 15 or tier 6 spells to push to R75 and merc research.

If you don't yet have tier 5/6 spells on faceless, you'll probably want to get those.

I don't have spell tier 5 on anything so I'm working up to that, but yeah I got undead 5.