Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got round to starting up RG again and oh it's actually pretty fast once you get the ball rolling past r7 and bloodlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

RG is actually very engaging and good for what is essentially an idle clicker, and once you learn what works you can rocket through the reincarnations

(to avoid this post being vague and coy: elves > demons > titans > druids > dwarf/elf > dwarf/fairy > mercs diamond forge, at later reincs you can skip demons/titans and go straight from elf to dwairies to mercs until research)

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 18, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

So close to r16 I can taste it, research looks EXTREMELY confusing

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I like it when the numbers slowly get bigger

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I did the thing and unlocked research and holy gently caress how do I unlock ANY of this

Assuming I need to excavate a lot? How much can I unlock this R? When do I reincarnate? HELP

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Okay cool let's take a look at how to unlock these early researches *sees 'cast fairy chanting 750 times in one game'* :suicide:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Most important thing for a new player: Look up what trophies can be reasonably acquired and go on a spree, having trophies boosts your production by a fuckton

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I might have snookered myself at r16 partway through getting the 80 researches, my excavations are at 1400 and I have no way to realistically get to the point where I can get prod high enough to afford more in a research build. Whats my best way forward? Sit on LF forever and try again at r17?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Got over the hump and unlocked everything up to 120 so far, tried out a half baked elf/titan build and :stare:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm leaving town for a week, what's the best faction to leave idle on RG? Assuming drow bloodline?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I have all that stuff

Went gob drow because I need to smash the gem barrier for r17 and drowline looks tasty when I'm going away for like 10 days without access to a desktop pc

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Its pretty easy to get the important artifacts when you're around the end of mercs (r14+)

Definitely pick up vanilla flavor juice and know your enemy, they make things so painless it's unreal

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Honestly from R17+ you can probably just go demon or elf > titan > druid > dwairy and skip mercs entirely

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Ranter posted:

My first run through RG, unlocked Titans and Druids, got around 25Qa gems. Progress seems really slow now. What am I supposed to be doing?

Keep playing Druid and abdicating until you get enough gold to excavate a bunch and unlock dwarves + drow. Play elf/dwarf or fairy/dwarf until you're at R2 gems.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Back from a week away (pumped drowline to 90,000% :wtc:) and I'm still sat in R16 working my way toward e75 gems.

I see that demon is supposed to be better production than elf, but how long is the run supposed to take? I assume you spam HFB to stack that one research high enough?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

At R19 and research + challenge rewards is like being strapped to a rocket, drat

I go demon > dwairy > dwelf > greed forge from e35-e69 > lightning forge from e69-e72 > research U angels

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm at R21 now and it seems the biggest timesinks at this point preventing me from steamrolling every R are the challenges (2 hours worth of spell duration this run, christ) and advanced researches needing 1000 of a certain spell to be cast or whatever.

Hopefully it gets better?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I am on the very cusp of being able to Do Things with neutral research (R24, at R gems, banging out the 25 brainwave casts + 650 lightning strikes :shepface:)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Protip: There's a merc build that's better than both Lightning Forge and Diamond Forge, it's a rush build and doesn't require waiting around for LS to hit Blacksmith, or slowly amassing faction coins with Diamond Pickaxe, or anything dumb like that.

It's called Greed Forge.

Neutral mercs, fairy bloodline when you eventually get that.

First spell is Goblin's Greed, hit it once to get enough FCs to get all your upgrades. Second spell is Fairy Chanting.

Then go:

Tier 1: Starmetal Alloys, Oversized Legends, Strong Currency, Druidic Vocabulary
Tier 2: Fairy Workers, Cyclopean Strength, Gold Synthesis, Earthly Bond
Tier 3: Swarm of Fairies, Titan Obelisk, Battlehammers, Building Jungle

Get everything set up, wait for max mana, do a full spell combo, abdicate. You get a ludicrous amount of gems very quickly, it takes virtually no time to set up and you can chain runs to get to your desired R level of gems.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

So the neutral rank 4 challenges, titan is fairy easy, just RNG and waiting it out, druid is very simple, and faceless... needs 8 days of faceless playtime :wtc:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

I forgot exactly what time i logged out of realmgrinder. Im sure its been 36 hours...... but what if it isnt ><

I had that problem too. Just left it an extra 24 hours to be sure.

At R27 and three of the research unlocks are '5 days total playtime with druid, titan and faceless :suicide: Guess I'm logging out for 2 weeks

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Teddybear posted:

That's over all playtime, not just on that R.

I am aware

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

Doing demon challenge 1 at R4 is a bitch. After 10 hours im halfway, i think..... And im at 0 gems lol.

This is why I always advise doing challenges when you're at R gems. Your production is so much higher you can knock them out in no time.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

:agreed:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Pylons posted:

I'm not 100% certain, admittedly, but I was pretty sure that improvements like the template saver for builds were coming with the update, but that actual content updates were pushed back to after the overhaul.

The developer posted yesterday basically saying 'it will be ready when it's ready, we want to push it live by the end of June, it is a pure UI + graphical overhaul, zero content added but the new interface will alllow us to very quickly implement the new spell system and prestige research which we have been developing in tandem with the new graphics.'

People are going utterly apeshit on the Kong forums. Muh idle incremental clicker, indeed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Dr. Bones posted:

So I've been playing RG for a while now, got myself up to R11 without any real issue. I always try to finish off challenges when I'm at R gems (like everyone suggests), which has been going pretty well so far, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Dwarf 2 challenge (the one where you have to build 2,750 Inns within 2 minutes of a new game). Is there some bizarre upgrade somewhere I'm missing? I kind of screwed myself out of easily snagging FC in the beginning because I went nuts excavating before I started in on the challenges, so I can't really rely on anything to quickly get all the fairy and dwarf upgrades. Do I just need to wait for a later R to do this one?

You are playing as fairies right? Not sure if you need to take dwarf bloodline to meet the challenge reqs, if not then goblin bloodline makes it a joke.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Generally with IGOT you set it up with beard carpet so you leave it on for the spellcasts (you don't get nearly as many casts while offline, something like 1-2 per minute)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Realm Grinder has an ingame announcement that the new UI and QoL improvements are arriving on the :siren: 30th June :siren:

Might rekindle my interest, I stopped playing around R28.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

:qqsay: The game is RUINED

It's fine, just will take some getting used to. The weird small font is hard to read and the scrolling is busted. Hopefully the dev(s?) will keep on top of it and make performance improvements.

Right now it's extremely difficult to do any of the speed challenges.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've tried, but I really can't get used to the font. It is garbaggio.

Didn't really need an excuse to quit such a blatant timewasting idle clicker game, but oh well :v:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've been playing Soda Dungeon and it is a cute little game

Feels a lot like playing an Amiga game which is nice and it's easy enough to have running on auto in the background while listening to the crunchy C64 music

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Generally you want to start a new dimension once you have 7 points in Kitchen, a point or so in Inherit, and reroll the Soda Junkies until you see one sat at a full dinner table spawned as a 'Dinner Boy'.

These guys are souped up rare versions who come equipped with a Bib (+30 HP) and a Fork (15 damage, 60% crit rate, +200% crit damage)

You need auto equip to be turned OFF in order to see these items. Load up with Dinner Boys, get 5 Forks/Bibs and murder your way through the early floors unlocking guys.

You'll want a successful deep run/dimension clearing team to eventually be Healer (first in the party so you can always emergency heal)/Dark Mage/Dark Mage/Thief/Knight, loaded up with gold find/magic find.

Eventually you'll unlock stuff like Ragezerker/Shifter but I haven't got there yet so can't comment. Dark Mages can reliably aoe poison/confuse to severely reduce/remove your need for a healer, make sure you take at least one mana potion so you can restore MP in early dimensions. Having to abandon a run because your guys ran out of MP and you couldn't hit a fountain feels bad.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I have tried several times to get back into RG since last year but the graphical update just turns me off so much :argh:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

poo poo i got back into realm grinder

waiting for the 10k spellcasts so i can unlock drow is :negative:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Pro tip if you're just starting realm grinder: TAKE A FEW DAYS OUT TO GET EQUALITY (at least 1 day played as good/evil/neutral, played time has to be within 1 minute of each faction)

It will save you an immense ballache down the road if you get it early

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I just got Equality on R0, 6 days played on each faction :unsmith:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

how do i do titan challenge 1, this is like anti-fun

do i need to just excavate for the fcs?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Oh I misread, it's total. gently caress I thought it was 169 of each exchange and it was making me go :psyduck:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've reincarnated as a Merc every R since I unlocked them and I still don't have Mercenary Spirit, what gives

e: ignore me I was always abdicating and reincarnating as a neutral no-faction

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

am i being dumb doing these challenges on the R they appear? Druid 2 just took the better part of a day scrounging up enough for 1600 halls of legends