Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
RG has a cloud save feature, see if it didn't save there some time before the blackout, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Guys it feels really good to be free of idle games. Kind of refreshing that no interesting new ones have come out lately, I'm sure I would get sucked right in again. But I'm burned out on all the popular ones and I don't miss them a bit.

What I'm saying is, there's hope for you all and light at the end of the tunnel. Just click it a bit to get closer.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I know the answer is "money", but it's still really lovely that there's now so many idle games on mobile, yet it's been ages that anything new or interesting came out for people like me who just want to have a browser tab to check in on every couple hours.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Lazy Kings talk:

Fighting is a little poorly explained, how does it work? There's the crossed swords symbol to toggle between green and red, and a toggle between a green arrow pointing up, and a red arrow pointing down. What do they do? I've built 2 castles but I think someone said progression was gated behind the combat.

edit: now I've got a plus and shield symbol to toggle and I still don't know what any of it does.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

pixaal posted:

If you hover over something at the very top is a tooltip box! It does tell you what things do. It doesn't tell you that you can click the right side of buildings to toggle them off, or for the trading post that it toggles buying and selling different things.

Oh, thanks. Guess my monitor is too small so I never saw that there actually are tooltips.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
What's a good point to begin a new game in Lazy Kings? I wish there were some clearer indicated goals. I'm up to ents with elves, my humans paladins have been fighting demons for a while, and orcs still have elves as their highest enemy - I think the last thing that unlocked were workshops. Where do I go from here?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Seems like you stopped playing at map 15 then. I'm not saying Trimps is the most exciting game ever, but it certainly has a lot more interesting things going for it than calling it an AdCap reskin warrants.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
There's probably going to be a Christmas event with significant bonuses to turn any walls you may encounter into trivial fences. At least that was the case in the past, I haven't gotten back into the game after the redesign. I'm playing Idle Wizard on Kongregate right now but hate it already. Why can't there be another good new idle game?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Here's the submissions of the 1 bit clicker jam

https://itch.io/jam/1-bit-clicker-jam/entries

So far I've checked out an automatic roguelike where you have to click every turn (terrible), the most basic of shmups (ehhh) and a turn (click) based missile defense which took too long to figure out for what it was. But if you have any surprisingly good findings, share away!

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Came here to post that game, I'm pretty much tired of all other idle games and this one at least does something somewhat original in a fun presentation, plus it's new and will probably get updated a lot.

I started out with the fencing stance, but at some point in the game (around level 40-50) the computer gains access to skills like 'power strike' before you do, and the dual-wield associated skill 'combo' seemed really neat and powerful, so I just switched to that. Does anyone know how to unlock additional combat skills and stances? I'm assuming beating the tournament after provost?

edit: apparently combo is not related to dual-wield after all? But in the comments someone claimed to have done the math and dual wield has the fastest offline gains, for everything else use whatever you think is cool.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 22, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
That's also good to know, but I was looking for the speed skill which in turn enables combo strikes. It unlocked after 3 points in aggression for me just now. (edit: and 5 in accuracy)

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 22, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Since the equipped gear changes if you just look at the different stances i am thinking that they are supposed to be used to counter different enemy stances, sorta like a rock paper scissor system.

I haven't seen any evidence for this but have not looked either, just a hunch.

Spreading your skills thin like that isn't all that viable I don't think.

Also, I just unlocked the school and awards tabs, there's an "exploit" where if you (buy and) sell 20/50/200 items, you gradually increase the sale price of items to the point where you can make a 20% profit for each item bought and sold. Supposedly that is intentional by the developer, and granted, compared to the money you earn later in the game it's not all that much for all the clicking you have to do.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oh, forgot about upgrading and then selling. That's quite handy then, even if it's a hassle to do.

Since this game lacks a wiki, and this knowledge is useful to have for potential new players maybe we can collect and list the award rewards here for now?

Here are the ones I know:

Late Bloomer (reach level 50 without winning tournaments): +50% exp
Trader/Merchant/Arms Dealer (sell 20/50/200 items): sell for 100/110/120% of price
Brainstorm (have three masters with 1 point in innovation): Raise Fighting Skill Level Cap +5
Head Master (have one master 50 levels higher than the other two): +5 mastery skills for highest master

That's all I've got down, but Frugal gives +50% money I think?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

shs posted:

Once I posted here complaining about how the Lost Idols game had daily quest type things that required you to click. Well I want you to know that in my game I posted here a little while ago I added not just daily click events but also achievements that require you to complete daily click events because I'm just the worst person :kheldragar:

The click events have a low chance to appear, at least.

I'll probably actually release the game (on web) in October. Maybe.

Yeah, that's a great way to get zero people excited for your game. I literally can't wait to not play it right now.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
When (most of) the little squares turn black you'll net a positive amount of operations on click, that's when you spam the button. They sync up every minute or so and you can get from 0 to 20k+ ops in a jiffy.

I think the game is a pretty good representation of why the singularity is a scary thing. Hope Zuckerberg plays it before he gets turned into a paperclip.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 10, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/

I'm enjoying this right now, but I'd say an autoclicker script is recommended for some of the early and mid-game activities.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Sounds like Succubus or like suck you. Be honest with us, is this a sex game?

Nah, it's a commentary on loot boxes in games, following the latest Shadow of War/Battlefront II debacle. There is a spooky ghost later on, though.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Sorry, I should have linked to the cheatable version straight away. No idea why they implemented that dumb anti-cheat thing, especially since some number balancing is definitely a bit off. http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/cheatable/

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do I make a sword? I need to make a soul sword. For reasons.

5 metal + 1 fabric

Oenis fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 22, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

but can it do procedurally generated idle roguelites?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I've always wondered when that game (Antimatter Dimensions) opens up. I've gone to 60 or 70 8th dimensions for a tickspeed upgrade or whatever that was, and it's still the same poo poo after resetting. Am I missing something?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Here is another new game vaguely in the style of a dark room/candy box.
I've not come very far yet, but it's interesting figuring out what's going on. It's supposedly pretty short and doesn't have a save functionality, mind you.

http://www.footnotesforthefuture.com/adesolatewasteland/

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Uhm, how do you buy anything other than Attack Up upgrades? Does that come later?

edit: Nevermind, apparently that's through mastery upgrades.

edit2: One small gripe/pet peeve is that you unlock daily missions before you can do most of them. I'd sure love to do infusions and start a mission, but I have no idea how or what they even are and when they unlock.

edit3: Also holy smokes that scaling. The first two bosses felt well balanced and just manageable, suddenly the level 30 boss is just a huge wad of HP and I can barely make him maybe half dead before the enrage timer kicks in. The grind is real and if that's par for the course, eh. Like, I know this is an idle game, but everyone knows you gotta feed the players rewards and progress in the first few hours.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The first thing that came to mind when I played EF for a short amount of time was that I wanted cards (at least the basic ones) to have just one or maybe two stat improvement on them, but have them be more impactful. Maybe save all the stat upgrades that are more fringe for higher tiers or rarer cards and introduce them slowly? Just my two cents, but reading and comprehending 6 different minor and/or questionable stat increases for a dozen cards in the beginning of the game feels very overwhelming.