Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've gotten into swarmsim

God help me I kind of want to do a no ascension overmind run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

GrossMurpel posted:

I remember trying swarmsim ages ago. Is there ever a point where your runs don't end up with you having to just let it sit for 3 days while using spells every once in a while to get your energy requirement for rebirth down?

Probably not, i hear Ascending makes things go super, super fast the second time around but for my "work laptop" runthrough, its good to only look at twice a day or so.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I bit the bullet and Ascended on swarm sim. What took me two weeks now only took me a day. Could probably ascend again tomorrow. Guess it speeds up

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I really enjoy Sandcastle, even if it took me a while to get what everything was. I've only cheated by looking up with "ninja'd" was so far.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its ridiculous how good unspent mutagen really is for production. I had so much larva that I can get to arch minds within a couple hours now and that's not really active play.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
On that note, once you ascend don't spend all your mutagen immediately.

The unspent mutagen throws your Larvae production through the roof. I'm on like my 6th ascension and I can get to overmind very loving quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I got into cookie clicker. This game is loving slow as hell though.