Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I've been looking for a non-RG game to play, and never gave Mine Defense a shot. Thanks for the reminder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Slurpy Derpy just dropped an update with a second prestige system, Devolutions. Reset back to basic derps and lose your research and conquered buildings, but get even more new perks.

I have to say I really like this game. I liked Critter Mound despite a few flaws and I was sad when the developer died, but this picks up where that game left off. And the weird flavor is nice, like how all the derps have names but don't quite understand how names work, so you occasionally get derps with names like "Cabbage" and "Wizard."

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

RVT posted:

I also love shock net, it's the only one I feel strongly about though. Any other really good spells I should be using?

Static leap is pretty handy against the mobs that drop toxic crap when they die, and against heavy melee damage mobs generally. A free blink backwards every cast.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Yeah, repeated runs with the Lightning Forge merc build on the wiki is how I pushed through the e72 wall.

Currently working on neutral research. Just a warning, there are research upgrades for each of the neutral factions that require five days as that faction all-time to unlock. Plan accordingly, or you'll be stuck doing four straight days as druids, like me.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I want to emphasize, it's absolutely worth it. Even when you "just" have enough to fill your available slots per category, we're talking like a 2000% boost per research or a boatload of free FCs. Research is the fuel everything else will run on for the next twenty reincarnations.

This is important, yeah. You can build a couple good builds with Elves and Goblins with the early unlocks, IIRC.

There's a good amount of "priming" with research builds though. Plenty of the bonuses are based on total clicks/spellcasts/etc, so boosting those stats with previous runs helps a lot.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Solid Poopsnake posted:

But your Roy will never be truly happy.

dis astranagant posted:

Quantum Physics 50 by age 28 unlocks the endgame.

So this is an ARG for Rick and Morty Season 3, then, right?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Not sure where to go next in ItRtG. Did my double-rebirth and ultimate baal challenges, have ~180k clones, maxed out my TBS and autopurchase bonuses, lvl3 planet, sitting at 4x multi-create, still have six skills left to one-clone. So much stuff going on in this game, it's weird.

Ignoranus posted:

Still slowly plugging away at "Idling to Rule." It does hit a weirdly good spot for me in terms of progression and activity level needed. I'm working on my first UBC to unlock Crystals and I'm up to around Zeus right now.

Is it just me or does it seem like a terrible idea to spend 10 Ad Points per Lucky Draw? I can't use Lucky Draws during this particular challenge anyway, but even in general - they CAN drop God Power (approx 25% chance for 1, 8% for 2, 2% for 5, 1% for 10, then the vanishingly tiny 0.4% for 25, 0.2% for 50, 0.2% for 100) but it seems like every time I draw one I get something not actually that useful to me - i.e. Mighty Food when my pets are already fed and I'm about to rebirth or 1 hour of divinity at some moment when I'm not running the Divinity Generator or fighting as many enemies as I possibly can to get up my divinity rate to make that worthwhile.

During this UBC, at least, I've been stockpiling Ad Points and now I'm using them to buy Divinity directly to support constructing monuments. which has been speeding up my rebirths.

It's best to use your lucky draws when you're not rebirthing soon and have your divgen running. That way you can make use of all of the things you mentioned, plus the "stat X boosted until rebirth" one as well.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

Did you do all 50 DRCs and UBCs? DRC keeps adding to your might levels to a cap of 50 and UBC keeps decreasing P.Baal power by 1% up to a 50% cap. I've actually got like a dozen skills left to one-cap but I've got level 2 planet, 7x autocreate and 200k clones.

The stuff I've read said to wait on doing multiple UBCs until after you're fully one-capped on all skills, since that's the main bottleneck for them. I might start cranking out my DRCs though, yeah

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I asked the same question on the Kong forums and got clone-shamed by the creator of the game himself. Looks like my next step is to get a couple hundred thousand more...

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Sindai posted:

Huh, if you get a level 5 planet with that few clones, doesn't it become impossible to defend against UB attacks? I like being able to farm crystal power whenever I'm not speed running.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm running into. Apparently you need about 250k defenders to fight off a lvl 2 UB every time, 400k for lvl 3, and so on.

Sindai posted:

How high do you need to build the divinity generator in order to get a universe in a reasonable amount of time?

I think the best bet is to beat more p. Baals to increase the base power of it, but I have no idea how many.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I always put all the combo spells on silver with max mana, and then tax collection on gold. Using TCs with all your spells up is always the most efficient use of mana, iirc.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Yeah, it's all of them and it's crazy. Once it's fully upgraded it becomes trivial to have a 100% chance for a 1000% crit on everyone.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Is that your first UBC? The consensus seems to be to only do the first one to unlock crystals, and then wait until you're 1-capped to do the rest. Not that this will do you much good if you're coming up on Baal.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Sindai posted:

Don't actually do a UAC unless you want to barely touch the game for a few weeks. The game itself tells you not to do it for a reason.

Yeah, the consensus I was told is "UAC should either be the first thing you do, or the last." Plus they've since added a couple challenges where the rewards make UAC easier (AAC for one), so I'd wait until you're otherwise out of content.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

drat, ItRtG can be a long haul sometimes. If my calculations are right, I should be one-capped in all my skills by about... November 6th? With no viable way to speed it up that I know of. Just patiently wait for the caps to drop by 480 per day from auto-fights.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You could do manual fights all day long, or AHK it.

I considered doing an ahk thing, but I'm not sure how much that could help. All of the skills I have left are 15-25 sec cooldowns, so maybe. I'd need to figure out what the longest fight you can do is. Shadow clones? Throw the heal skill in the rotation I guess.

Ignoranus posted:

The 300% "creation speed boost" from offline time and ad point spending also applies to auto-training. It's 3:1 offline time:boost time up to a cap of 3 hours of boost (for 9 hours of offline time).

Does the "skill use to reduce the cap" offline thing plus the boost end up being a net gain vs. just leaving it running?

Also I don't think I can do ad points. I'm playing the steam version since the version on Kong screws with the sound on my computer for some reason.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Speeding toward making my first universe in ItRtG. I only need to make [does math] 122 more suns and [more math] 1,633 more planets, and I'm set! :suicide:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

mearn posted:

Saw this new game posted on Kongregate, Idle Ants.

Reminds me of Swarm Sim and Shark Game. It's still a little barebones and unpolished but I think this has a lot of potential.

Tried it out, clicked on the "ant" button, browser crashed. :thumbsup:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Jibo posted:

I'm also having this problem. The game is redirecting to localhost on my computer where I reached the end but it's still coming up fine elsewhere.

It's the true twist ending of the game: the paperclips were inside you all along. Long live the new flesh. *starts drawing wire out of hair follicles*

Fangz posted:

They switched servers after the original melted. It's still taking time to propagate the DNS, so for now it's unreliable.

Or that, yeah.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

But doesn't starting a UBC take away my CCs, autobuys, and creation/build speeds? :ohdear: I know I get the GP back at the end, but...

It does, for the length of the UBC. You get all of your purchases back at the end, and your might, plus all the GP you earned during the UBC. But yeah, it definitely feels weird and bad to suddenly be back at 10k clones and 1CC, which is why it's good to get all your UBCs out of the way early while you have fewer things to miss.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I think this morning’s rebirth will finally let me finish my first UBC. I don’t know if I’d want to do this again without Improved Next At For Challenges...

What should I do once I kill Baal and (presumably) get my rewards?

Where are you, stat wise? Clones, Create count, etc.

If you aren't 1-capped on all your skills yet, it's a good idea to do longer runs while they train down. That's what I've been doing: I leveled my planet to 5, did a Universe Challenge, and started in on All Achievement Challenges. You also end up climbing P. Baals as a side effect, which has let me unlock a couple more pets.

e: If you are 1-capped, do DRCs. That extra might boost every rebirth adds up fast, and I'm pretty sure you keep your Improved Next At regardless.

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 22, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ItRtG: major progress on my part! Doing my fourth AAC, and I finally completed my creation achievements before I finished my skill/kill achievements. Buying piles of create count probably helped there. Also I'm down to one skill left to one-cap, so that will speed things up as well. :toot:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

The div gen won't auto buy any stones at all. You have to stockpile them manually. Super frustrating when you're trying to make something with a lot of stone (mountains, moons, planets).

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Killing the autobuy penalty helps a ton, as does getting tbs upgraded once you have a decent flow of go coming in. As for what to do next, what's the highest p Baal you've killed? Climbing the ladder there helps boost your div gen and gets you more pets. You'll figure out a natural ceiling for where to do climbing pretty quickly, then you can focus on challenges or gp more.

e: yeah do a UBC if you haven't yet, crystals are real nice

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Klungar posted:

Do Pet Campaigns continue if you Rebirth?

No, but it will warn you if you try to rebirth with campaigns running.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Gonna beat Susano o today on my UAC.

Man I'm not sure if I will ever want to go through the hassle of a UAC. Hats off to you for pushing through it though!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I would not bother with extra creation speed at the early stages of the game. I'm just cruising on enough to blue bar clones, plus whatever I get from crystals.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Crystal power, sorry

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

...I guess I need to keep grinding a bit more before I'm ready to try create a universe, then. How much CC do you have?

I started being able to get all my creating achievements before my skill/train/fight achievements when I had a CC of 21 :v:

e: the rule for fighting UBs is to have a CC of (# of clones)/20k, so that you can remake your whole horde in 10 minutes.

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 26, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I've found that 500k and 100 levels in Planet+ deal with the level 5 UB pretty well.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Yeah, it does. I haven't really thought about it since I've been doing AAC runs ever since I could, so my rebirths have been every 3-4 days.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

And it compounds as you go back! So if you're making one item at a time, you'll need 7500 planets to make the 75 solar systems to make the 15 galaxies to make 3 universes. But if you're at a CC of 25, it drops to 3000 planets to make 49 solar systems to make 14 galaxies to make 3 universes. And better and better as you go lower in scale.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

It uses the cost reduction formula for the amount you're actually making, yes. So you don't get those nice bonuses when you're only making one planet or whatever. I'm just saying that the bonus also applies when you're making the precursors to the thing you want, and the precursors to those precursors, so you see this nice exponential decay if you need to take multiple steps.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

If you're climbing p.baals, the best way to progress is by rebirthing. Don't expect to beat a new one every time, just push for all green numbers before a rebirth. Remember your pets can boost your rebirth multipliers, and you can build Godly Statues and upgrades to boost it fast as well. Farming total Might also helps. As for divinity, do special fights (esp. vs gods) and fight UBs if you've unlocked any.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

:stare: I finally killed the Planet Eater like twice following your suggestion after doing some might training. I guess I have a crystal now too?

Feels pretty good.

Crystals are great. Aside from the benefit you get this rebirth, when you rebirth next time they add to your Crystal Power, which boosts creation and building speed and the bonus you get from unspent GP. I have more create speed from that than I do from GP purchases atm.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ItRtG is especially bad for the "oh god what does all this poo poo do" feeling.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

What are some good idlers/clickers that DON'T have any golden cookies / halloween event currency that you have to watch for and click / etc? I hate, hate hate when I have to give a screen my full attention or I'll miss out on part of the game.

I've done paperclips, I'm doing antimatter dimensions, and I've done shark game.

Idling to Rule the Gods would fit. No resource clicking either. But it's pretty slow compared to most others.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'll give it another look! When I booted it last night it seemed a bit... pay to win heavy? Or something? "use premium currency to make your character look even more deviantart"

God power (which you can use to play pretty princess) isn't really premium currency. It's the main prestige-ish currency of the game, that you'll use to get more clones and all kinds of other things.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Sindai posted:

Once you're doing Universe Challenges you're probably not far from being able to kill the first one. The only time-consuming part is needing to train the attack and defense Mights up because they give you 1% extra damage and 0.1% damage reduction per level. I used the guide on the wiki since it seems reasonably complete: http://itrtg.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Beings_V2

You get 10/20/30/40/50 GP and multiply your stats by 2/3/4/5/6 for beating them, which is nice for the relatively small amount of extra work it is to kill them once you have enough clones and are already doing a lengthy rebirth for whatever reason.

You inspired me to take a shot at PEv2 myself! Managed to take it out, but it took two runs with 500k clones. It's definitely possible without the clone count they say on the wiki, which is something I've seen a lot on there. I'm consistently finishing the challenges and things with nowhere near the numbers they recommend.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I used the 78% loop and the hero summon strategy, got him down to about 25% on the first run. I also had 100 in both atk/def might skills, which helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ItRtG question: how much GP should I be holding in reserve for stat boosts? I've been getting up to 150 and then blowing it all on 20k clones + 175% build speed + 1CC, but I feel like that's probably suboptimal.