Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Does anyone have experience with Endless Frontier? (Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ekkorr.endlessfrontier.global&hl=en , iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/endless-frontier/id1073014391?mt=8 ) I saw a mention of it somewhere, but the screenshots and description don't do anything to help explain it other than another idler that has PvP and guilds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Devor posted:

It's somewhat interesting. The core gameplay is kind of parallel Clicker Heroes plus Ad Cap. You have 'quests' which are just standard Ad Cap that give you gold rewards - this is your primary income. Your timers advance while the game is closed for long skills, and your auto-skills fire while your game is closed.

You have a team of three units (I think buying and upgrading units later is the biggest money sink). Your units auto-fight little battles that get increasingly harder. You can spend your gold to upgrade units. They have little bonuses at 25-multiple levels early on, going up to 100s later. Your units auto-fight up levels while the game is closed.

You can 'revive' to ascend and re-start from level 1 with +50% bonus gold income, and seemingly a random 'hero' which gives a buff to certain race of units. This seems neat since it encourages a stable of different race units.

Ascending gives you medals, which you can spend to buy units (you're offered 5 units to choose from, this list resets 30 mins), or use smaller amounts to power up your existing units.

You can run dungeons using tickets (I can carry 1 ticket, which takes 1 minute to refresh) where your team fights a short tough battle. The dungeons have tougher levels after you clear the easier ones. Some dungeons have restrictions on which race units can enter them (e.g. no undead).

There is a gem currency which seems to be the premium currency. You can use it for lots of shortcutting, but I think using it to purchase highest-tier units will be the way to go. Most of the gems I have come from my mail bag right now, but you can earn 3 at a time clicking chests (chests can also give gold, or option to view an ad for ~10-20 gems?). The Golem that was offered to me costs 5700 gems, I have 2800 after opening up all my mail.

My first revival (ascension) also gave me a free random 5-star unit. Mine was ranged which I think is good.
Thanks. Will give it a shot!

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Magres posted:

Kittens game hits a really low point where you can't really progress in any way except doing like week long prestiges for Paragon until you get enough stuff going to actually start making headway into the late game. Honestly if you just take a save where you're hitting, like, the beginning of space exploration but not really making headway into it and give yourself like 150 Paragon the game becomes fun again immediately because you skip a couple weeks of grinding Paragon without any real shifts in how the game plays. The part of the game where you can do like a rocket launch and maybe a moon landing but can't get past there for like 6 prestiges completely blows because all you're doing is grinding Paragon 30 at a time and the runs take like a week. Also metaphysics has a bunch of upgrades that are complete newbie traps. After you get past that and can make headway into space, faith, metaphysics, and unicorns the game gets neat again though.

Honestly Kittens Game actually just has a bunch of frustrating newbie traps, but other than that it's pretty fun. One thing that isn't immediately obvious that's really important is that global production modifiers are hands down the absolute best thing in the game to build, bar none, partly because they boost acquisition of stuff like Titanium, which is otherwise a miserable slog to accumulate.

If people are interested I can do a more comprehensive writeup of Kittens Game, I like it a lot more than Trimps, personally. Partly because I think Kittens Game has a lot more options for automating the game without using an external tool, and partly because the way you open new resources, have them be terribly scarce, then common, then almost entirely trivial is a neat cycle. Like for a long time Coal -> Steel is a huge bottleneck resource that's a colossal pain in the rear end because you have to craft it manually, but eventually you can get enough Geologists and get them upgraded enough that you can trivially crank out ten thousand steel, and it's very satisfying to do so. And eventually you get enough Factories and Engineers that you can set up viable autocrafting of anything in the game - I did some math last night to set up a decently optimized production chain of Furs into Parchment into Manuscripts into Compendiums into Blueprints with an intentional overproduction of Manuscripts (aka a slight bottleneck at Compendium crafting) so I can stockpile Manuscripts for making more Temples, because I'm working on getting my Faith multiplier really high before I reset because it carries over and will let me shoot through the Faith upgrade tree.

I would appreciate a more detailed post on Kittens Game. I got into it many months ago, but it was just so slow for parts of the game, I had to quit. Admittedly, I'm also now more willing to cheat in incremental games to get past boring parts.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

More Realm Grinder talk, I'm in R3 just about to start R4, and I'm trying to get the Lucifer trophy. I've tried twice, once as Good Merc with all evil upgrades and once the other way around, but the trophy still won't unlock. Anything obvious I might be missing? For the first build, I'm using a build from http://musicfamily.org/realm/TrophyBuilds/ .

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Somewhat related, I'm going through my 5 days of Faceless time to get S305 now. I've heard lots of people bring this research (and its requirement) up, but not as much for the 5 days of Titan or Druid. Is it because their researches aren't as useful? Or because you'll naturally run more Titan and Druid, so people just let it naturally unlock over time?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Another RG question. In some builds, e.g. the R27-R29 builds here: http://musicfamily.org/realm/ResearchBuilds/ , they differentiate "buildup" versus "production". What's the difference?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Build-up is to buff researches/spells that go off of things like spells cast or faction coins gathered. Tax collection is cheap and thus you can cast more with the same amount of mana. It also produces faction coins. So you're building up researches keyed to those factors. Then production is to take full advantage of the built-up researches.

A really common one later is S400 -- it increases max mana based on the total number of spells cast in a single game. It's common to build that up with a build specifically around goblins and S50, which makes each spell you cast also cast a certain number of tax collections. So you can easily get millions of spells cast, and thus a larger value for S400.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks!

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

While waiting to get spell tiers in RG, is it normal that I've gotten CtA 3 before SS 2? I've got more than 3 days of uptime on CtA but only about 18 hours of SS.

Edit: With plenty of mana regen to keep up all the spells at constant uptime, but mostly offline.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Coca Koala posted:

Offline spell activity time is calculated in a different way, based on the following formula:

code:
t * min(1, m * d / (c1.5 * n)), where t is offline time, m is online mana regen per second, d is spell duration, c is spell mana cost, and n is number of spells set to autocast
which means that SS accrues offline active time at a different rate than CtA.
I see, thanks.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Deakul posted:

What's the go to Android clickers that aren't realm grinder(boooring) or clicker heroes clone #44665345? Nor adventure capitalist or oil tycoon.

No overly convoluted materials crafting systems either please.

Egg Inc?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

Going to start team grinder, does anyone have some advice?
Assuming you mean Realm Grinder, bookmark this page and use it a lot: http://musicfamily.org/realm/
For non-spoilery tips, I guess the first thing is that your initial reincarnation (not abdication) is your intro to a lot of mechanics and will take a relatively long time. Use that to figure out if you like the game, but note that almost every reincarnation after that will be much shorter.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Samizdata posted:

What is the Goon guild in Amaranthine?
Post here with your username to get invited (guild names and tags can change, we're currently "like a skeleton" / bone): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769086

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I played Soda Dungeon about a year ago, had fun with it, and then stopped after a few months. I randomly saw it again recently and it seemed to get a lot of updates since then. Can anyone tell me what's new? I definitely liked the game, but had reached the "end" of the content when I played.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

dabs violently posted:

is there a goon guild for tap titans 2?
Yes, see this thread for the info: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

For Tap Wizard RPG, is it just me, or are charms super underwhelming? I find dungeons slightly interesting, but the reward vs just doing a raid (I don't play often enough to care about their cooldown) doesn't seem worthwhile.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Dungeons are good in that they are like a really long 3 zone raid and you get weird buffs which encourages build diversity. Charms are cool because you can get a bunch at once and they don't decay while the game is closed. Some are very meh and some are neat (like casting a random spell when you kill an enemy), but they're not really a super big deal. They're still worth doing because you end up gaining a lot of power quickly compared to the wilds.
True enough. I guess I just recently did a Crumbling Key dungeon, so I couldn't plan a build until I was already in the zones which made that aspect more annoying, but once I got that, the power was pretty good. Thanks for the response.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Deakul posted:

Just starting out with Tap Wizard, I have enough runite for an empower and enough insight for one of every buff... should I be saving these up for anything in particular?
Empower over enhancement is not that great. Check out the shop, assistants are probably the most useful use for Runite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I checked out Reddit's incremental games subreddit's Best of 2018 ( https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/adupb5/best_of_2018_results/ ) and it mentioned Idle Apocalypse for Android ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grumpyrhinogames.idleapocalypse ). Anyone have experience with it? Looking to get a game for Android.