Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
After taking a break from Realm Grinder, I'm really digging Mine Defence. It's in the OP and I guess a lot of people have already played it, so this is more of a trip report than anything else: http://scholtek.com/minedefense

On the surface it's fairly bare bones, but it keeps going and adding systems on top of systems, evenutally reaching a point where you can no longer "buy" any unit upgrades and you have to switch to different types of resources and resource management to continue to grow (paradigm shift). Apparenlty this happens a few times, but I'm currently just transitioning into the first one. There's no definied win condition and no prestiging, but there is a point where you have all the upgrades and the game is essentially over. It's no longer being actively developed so nothing new will be added.

Some of it is really slow and some of the walls are pretty ridiculous. Given it has no offline progress and how long it takes to get past some of these walls I don't know how anyone could play it without autoclicking, but apparently completely click-free runs are possible. Fortunately it's javascript based so you can hack in an autoclicker (courtersy of the developer) and have it run in the background without it needing to control the mouse cursor. Any need for micromanagement seems to come in bursts so it's a good game for playing in the background while doing something else.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Buzkashi posted:

Trimps should update within the next day or two with Daily Challenges starting at Z130 (I think), should be an interesting change of pace but doesn't really add much more content if you're already well past the Spire

And so it is...

quote:

Trimps Updates!

3.8 - 9/26/16
Content
Added daily challenges! These become unlocked after Zone 100, generate a brand new random challenge every day, and can only be completed once each.
Added 5 achievements for the daily challenges
UI/QOL
Feat of strength achievements that have not been completed now turn red when it becomes impossible to complete them for that run.
Trimp attack breakdown now includes min/max
AutoTrap toggled setting now persists through portals
Bug Fixes
It's no longer extremely difficult to click a resource/sec breakdown once you have very high resources/sec
Fixed an issue that was making it difficult to change perks in the middle of the run with Carpentry II in use.
Engineering notation no longer stops working after e100 (Thanks Grimy!)