Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Realm grinder chat/questions:

I am at R46, grinding coins to get to where I can actually do the Fairy part of the Dragon stuff. I have 1.5E30 banked and 6.5E30 in the abdication bucket, but I think I need to get to 1E31+ to do the fairy work?

-What is the deal with research S500? I have 37 artifacts total, so I haven't unlocked it, and pretty much every build seems to require it? From what I have seen online it just gives extra max mana based on number of artifacts found, and there are other researches that would give me even more?

- Prismatic Mana, wow, no idea that existed until I got caught up in this thread. You have to do that at the start of an R, right? I figure that will be a must do at the beginning of R47?

If S500 is really needed, what's the best way to get more artifacts? I think you have to have a high number of excavations, but you need to not be affiliated with Drow/Dwarf? Seems like that would take a looong time since it is low low chance to find those artifacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ijzer posted:

s400 is better except you have to do a long run to get it up higher than s500. so if it's a quick r (or early in a reincarnation) s500 is generally better.

there's no real guide to getting most artifacts. look up the conditions, check lara crypt, use a production build with e290 to get lots of excavations.

Since I'm in the grindy part of things maybe I'll try S400 instead of S500. Its just that the build I have looked up all seem to require it, which didn't make a lot of sense to me. Even S30 over a long run seems like it would substitute.

In any case, looks like I'm grinding for coins so I can grind for fairies so I can do the dragon stuff, and then R47 is all about Prismatic Mana.