Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Just wanna say I'm on R16 of Realm Grinder and I'm really loving pissed off that I read this thread and started playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I hate Lighting Strike and I am glad that I'm not at that stage right now

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Sindai posted:

It's possible but much slower. There's a trophy for it that I got at the recommended level (around R25) and it was still slower then.

Yeah, even Diamond Forge is a lot better for a long time during that phase.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Aurora posted:

I think someone mentioned a good Idle to Rule the Gods guide in the last thread, anyone have it?

Also interested in this, going to be trying this game out while I grind research.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Here's some hot tech: go outside to escape the madness of idle games

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Residual Toast posted:

At the end of every R, make see if you can savescum and/or see how many excavs it takes to get some of the artifacts too, since you'll want to get them all eventually.

I'm at the point where I'm starting to think about these at R30 and I don't want to do it

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Oh, I'm well aware that I SHOULD. I just don't want to.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

GB_Sign posted:

Figured I would check back in on Clicker Heroes now that it has hit 1.0. Are there any active goon guilds still running?

I haven't played Clicker Heroes in absolute ages, there's guilds in it now? What?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

So is there a Clicker Heroes guild or not you boners?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

GB_Sign posted:

eh, gently caress i, burned 50 Rubies to make a new Clicker Heroes guild. If anyone needs a guild, look for "Late to the Party"

I'd join this but apparently it's some mid-end game thing and I started a brand new save :ohdear:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

GB_Sign posted:

Go ahead and join, I just made it to gently caress around with

I sent a request, name is Polly.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

First gild in my new game is Treebeast :smug:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

lol I can't believe anybody is saying that the new graphics, which don't change any gameplay, look "hideous" and "atrocious" (not necessarily just on here), when the old game currently has approximately "No Graphics"

they are Ruining... my Idol Game... it's killing me here, folks, that they added graphics to it

I think they look pretty good personally

Poultron
May 26, 2006

R42 now... just the R45 trophy to go, and then I can finally be free. I can finally die

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I tried it and it's almost exactly the same performance as Diamond Forge. However, I do have all the Gifts, so I'm sure that was a factor. I don't need to wait for faction coins most of the time.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

How do you get the auto-casting upgrades? They seems ridiculous 200 Million mana in one game an you don't generate mana when you are full, so that means you can't get it offline is that right?

You could technically get it offline, but that would take an impossibly long time.

I think you can do it around R7 or something within a couple days, but someone can feel free to correct me on that.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

I'm at R13 I think. What are the "tricks" I need in order to go for those upgrades? Those are really the last QoL upgrades I need before I can really start powering through into Research etc.

http://realm-grinder.wikia.com/wiki/Merc_Builds#IGOT_a_Need_for_Trophies

Poultron
May 26, 2006

:staredog: Literally what the gently caress

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Irritated Goat posted:

Clicker Heroes has released another Clicker Heroes game. Ragnarok Clicker.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493370/

Same game basically, just with Ragnarok Online sprites. :stare: I know how bad of a grind it is but I still want to play.

edit: holy poo poo, I'm "almost" done with CrushCrush to boot.

Apparently, it's even worse than that: Not only is it a complete re-skin of Clicker Heroes, it doesn't even have all of its features.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

So did I miss Spaceplan coming up in here? This is a pretty fun one to begin with.

You did, and it's good.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

imagine trying to explain any of this poo poo to your grandma. christ

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Ugh, is there any way to AA the text in Infiroad? It hurts my eyes to read this crap.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nope. And there's no way to get all the heroes' boxes visible without them being tiny pieces of poo poo either, if that is why you're asking.

It is why I'm asking. Oh well.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

I am just annoyed that AdCap gets the amount of attention it does while much more interesting (subjective) games sometimes barely reach critical mass to continue to attract or keep players.

When developers see the popularity of AdCap they will just clone that game (already happened several times) instead of making more innovative games in a genre that still has a lot of potential innovation left.

To be fair this happens in literally every genre and every medium, ever.

Not that it makes it ok.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Math is for boring dumb nerds! No one told me there would be math involved!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I'm still knocking around the idea of building an idle game but I'm taking the time to learn tools and draw up design documents. It turns out even making a Make Numbers Go Higher game isn't so easy.

My favorites are always the ones like Crank or Spaceplan (EDIT: and, of course, the classic Candy Box and Dark Room) that seem to have actual "goals," and that don't require you to pop open a wiki in another tab. I've been playing Midas' Gold Plus recently but I've started feeling like the numbers-only ones are kind of really dull. That's one reason I have a tough time really getting into Trimps.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I actually didn't like Shark Clicker very much beyond a few hours :ssh:

but admittedly those few hours were extremely charming

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I can't believe Cirral is no more. Rest in Shark Heaven

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Is there a proper early game Trimps guide out there anywhere? I'm sure it's been posted before but I can't find it.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Man I'm dumb as hell, I really have no idea how I couldn't find this :psyduck: My brain's been on the fritz lately. Thanks.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Woah, I actually didn't expect that

Poultron
May 26, 2006

skull mask mcgee posted:

So does the RealmGrinder app integrate an autoclicker or are you actually expected to tap the screen

They expect you to click on PC, as well

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Manual clicking is barely necessary after the start of the game though

I mean, I know that, I'm just saying

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

Am I missing something when it comes to AdVenture Communism? Comrades are hard capped at ~500/s but I need 1e25 of them for a cloning lab which by my count is 630 trillion years.

I haven't played it, but from what I've heard this is a common complaint.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

This is true. I guess it was lost in the brevity but I wasn't saying it was a terrible game; my tolerance for idle games has definitely gotten shorter after getting through the more well-known choices. Idle Bouncer is early on and it appears to be getting regular updates so it may eventually evolve into a more crunchy game for me.

I'm kind of feeling this way too. I've played a lot of different incrementals lately that all individually have some interesting idea or gimmick, but none that have really kept my interest for very long at all. Realm Grinder was the last one I sunk many, many hours in, but I haven't come back since the new stuff was added recently. It just seems like it takes too long.

I think the "genre" as weird as it still is to call it that could really use more games like Shark Clicker or Crank. Games that either have a story or at least have an aesthetic that implies one. For me, just seeing the numbers go up isn't quite enough anymore. I want a reward too! It's basically impossible to find any games like this, though. Even the monstrously huge tapper market on mobile is basically devoid of anything new that I've found.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Yeah I was really close to really loving Tap Smiths, and I know that they have to make money somehow, but the pace of gameplay was just not quite correct. I feel like if they doubled the normal length of play it would feel significantly better, even with no other changes.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Maybe I'll get back into Realm Grinder after all. I vaguely feel like starting over like someone else mentioned, but then I remembered all those ludicrous loving weeklong grinds I had to do.

And I also remembered there's only more of those ahead, so gently caress it.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Neat, I've tried it out on mobile before. It's pretty fun but it really is a lot of idling, and my phone is quite old with a poo poo battery so I couldn't really play it too effectively.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Ignoranus posted:

Is the Steam version of Soda Dungeon different from the mobile version in any way?

Not as far as I can tell, with the notable exception that there are no ads by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Is it reasonable to get most of the Dragon challenges as they unlock? Producing 1e10 mana seems like a real stretch at R51 without a few days at least of production.