Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The game is Notably missing a wheelchair adornment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Why do her boots have earrings? :cripes:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I hope the FF7 remake will come with a Lightning costume DLC that Cloud can equip so we can come full circle.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks like a number of us are going to end up playing the game next year. The Holiday Surprise Box codes just dropped.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 20, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I hope the FF7 remake will come with a Lightning costume DLC that Cloud can equip so we can come full circle.

You say this as if you thought Lightning wasn't going to be a fully playable character of Cloud's party in FFVII Remake. Or rather, Lightning's party, where Cloud appears occasionally and probably gets punched at some point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

You say this as if you thought Lightning wasn't going to be a fully playable character of Cloud's party in FFVII Remake. Or rather, Lightning's party, where Cloud appears occasionally and probably gets punched at some point.

I'm suddenly beset by an image of Matomu Toriyama trying to batter his way into Tetsuya Nomura's office Jack Torrence-style holding a drawing of Lightning's new design for her "cameo" in FFVIIR, while Nomura screams in hysterics trying to hold the door shut.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Final Fantasy XIII was a mistake, and Serah agrees.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Getting into Don Corneo's mansion. It could be the new "perfect" outfit.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lumina has been the voice of reason since episode one. :colbert:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 55: The Devouring Maw of Darwin (Polsy) :siren:

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015
Never knew there was another scene after completing that sheep-egg quest!

Artix posted:

Did we ever save an animal's soul?

Aside from the human-turned-cat, there was also that chocobo-turned-human (Primrose) in Yusnaan, so I'd guess Lightning could save animals' souls.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I really like the Last Ones of the gimmicky enemies that only work in big packs. They just get flattened.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 56: Capital "F" Fashion (Polsy) :siren:

Datalogs

quote:

The False Savior

Is it alright for a god, who cannot see into the hearts of people, to decide their future? In order to truly save humanity, mustn't the savior turn her back on such a god and reclaim the world for the people themselves? But perhaps it is not possible to defeat the almighty Bhunivelze.

The seeress Yeul, who sees the truth of all things, speaks of the doubts and questions that fill Lightning's heart. And she tells Lightning that she cannot save anything as she is now. Not mankind's future, not even her sister's soul.

As she is, Lightning is no more than an incomplete existence held in God's palm. If she cannot find her true self again, she will never achieve true victory. And with this cruel truth imparted, Yeul disappears.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I didn't know that about the cat, so thank you for teaching me something interesting today. I'm enjoying these chill neon pink murder videos

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh gently caress off yeul what good have you done with perfect preknowledge of the future?
gently caress all thats what
And you cant even decide if the guy you like should live or die (hint: HE WANTS TO loving DIE AND IM PRETTY SURE HES ALSO loving SICK OF YOU)

Christ yeul is the worst

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh gently caress off yeul what good have you done with perfect preknowledge of the future?
gently caress all thats what
And you cant even decide if the guy you like should live or die (hint: HE WANTS TO loving DIE AND IM PRETTY SURE HES ALSO loving SICK OF YOU)

Christ yeul is the worst

While I don't disagree, the crux of the problem is that 'Yeul' is every Yeul that ever lived at the same time, so of course they're going to not agree with each other.

Also I'm loving the super chill slaughter videos.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The extreme close-ups of the moogle mask is loving hilarious. Other masks were really good at ruining the cutscenes, but this blurry monstrosity tops them all.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Alas, I peaked far too soon. What will I do now for the final confrontation? :negative:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

Alas, I peaked far too soon. What will I do now for the final confrontation? :negative:

Subvert expectations. Find the simplest, mundanest, most functional garb in the game and kick the ever loving poo poo of the final boss in that. Become :geno: incarnate.

Also yeah Nth'ing the whole "gently caress off Yuel" thing. She's just such a godawful blah of a character and putting her side by side with Lumina, the delightful troll that she is, really accentuates that.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 57: The End of Everything (Polsy) :siren:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Without spoiling anything I hope you at least show off NG+ for turning in that quest because I love how the game justifies it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
So, I assume you're waiting until the endgame to show off how broken Summoner Yuna's garb is?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I might be misremembering here, but isn't there a guard you can talk to in Luxerion that talks about how many people have died from monster attacks on a particular day? and that number goes down the less overall monsters there are in the area?

I mean it doesn't lead to a sidequest or anything special like that but i seem to remember that being a thing? That seems to be like the only thing that "justifies" genocideing any monsters at all.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 3, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I might be misremembering here, but isn't there a guard you can talk to in Luxerion that talks about how many people have died from monster attacks on a particular day? and that number goes down the less overall monsters there are in the area?

I mean it doesn't lead to a sidequest or anything special like that but i seem to remember that being a thing? That seems to be like the only thing that "justifies" genocideing any monsters at all.

I remember something like that from an area in 13-2. Maybe you're mixing up games?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
No, there is a dude like that in LR, I'll grab a screenshot of him later. And uh, suffice to say that there is a *much* more important reason that we killed literally everything.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Artix posted:

And uh, suffice to say that there is a *much* more important reason that we killed literally everything.

Unslakeable thirst for blood?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Artix posted:

No, there is a dude like that in LR, I'll grab a screenshot of him later. And uh, suffice to say that there is a *much* more important reason that we killed literally everything.

It can never go to zero because of the handful of monsters that literally can't go extinct, I think 16 might actually be as low as it gets. If you check it at the beginning of the game, it tells that you that like, 500 people a day are dying in Luxerion, which seems kinda unsustainable!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Artix posted:

It can never go to zero because of the handful of monsters that literally can't go extinct, I think 16 might actually be as low as it gets. If you check it at the beginning of the game, it tells that you that like, 500 people a day are dying in Luxerion, which seems kinda unsustainable!

Doomsday scenarios usually aren't set up for long term sustainability.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 58: The Seventh Intermission (Polsy) :siren:

Datalogs

quote:

The Will of the Dead

The dead all lived once, but now they are returned to the Chaos. And out of the Chaos came Cid Raines to speak on their behalf.

He revealed a startling truth. Vanille has the power to summon the souls of the dead, and lead them on to the new world. The power to save the dead — it is a power that even the savior herself does not possess. But Vanille, in the hands of the Order, is determined instead to perform the Soulsong and erase all of the lost souls from existence.

Raines told Lightning that she must make the millions of dead her allies if she wishes to defeat God in battle. He instructed her to entrust them with her wishes, through her bond with the one person she loves above all others. She needs Serah to do this thing for her — but she still does not know where Serah's soul has gone.

quote:

People: Cid Raines

A man who once defied the orders of the gods and hoped to set mankind free. He died an unnatural death while working towards this goal.

General Raines was a military man, working for Cocoon's Guardian Corps. He wished to defeat the fal'Cie, powerful servants of the gods, and return to humanity control of its own fate. He lost that fight, and in the cruel irony that gods so love, he was turned into a puppet for the fal'Cie. He faced Lightning as an enemy, when they should have been allies.

He may have met a tragic end, but his wish to see the people free lived on in those who followed after him. For Lightning, Raines was both a bitter enemy and a comrade in the great fight against the gods.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
The last remaining thing that has to be killed... except for the Meonektons. :v:

(But seriously, sixty-five thousand? gently caress that.)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Sixty five thousand, five hundred and thirty five.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Fedule posted:

Sixty five thousand, five hundred and thirty five.

Has anyone ever checked whether it's possible to actually spawn a last one meonekton? I thought that number was just a plug for "you can't kill these"

E: looks like it's mathematically impossible to actually kill enough in the available time even with chronostasis, so you have to fight the last one in the day XIII dungeon

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 6, 2017

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Some games really need a Scroll of Genocide.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Has anyone ever checked whether it's possible to actually spawn a last one meonekton? I thought that number was just a plug for "you can't kill these"

We could argue whether or not it's technically possible to spawn a last one Meonekton via extinction, but there absolutely 100% *is* a last one of them.

See the "Distribution" header? Anything that has that tag at all has a population tracker in-game. In the case of Meonektons, it's set so high that it's (completely?) impossible to hit, but it exists. Compare that to the Anubys, who doesn't have one.

There might be another way. :ssh:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Artix posted:

We could argue whether or not it's technically possible to spawn a last one Meonekton via extinction, but there absolutely 100% *is* a last one of them.

See the "Distribution" header? Anything that has that tag at all has a population tracker in-game. In the case of Meonektons, it's set so high that it's (completely?) impossible to hit, but it exists. Compare that to the Anubys, who doesn't have one.

There might be another way. :ssh:

I already edited my post :p

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Almost to my second favourite plot point in the game, lovely. And the first and third soon after although I can't remember which order they pop up in. e: oh man, my fourth is around here too, it really throws out a bunch of cool things out near the end

Also I like that the chaos spokesperson insists they aren't Raines, while the subtitles just ignore that. e2: ha, even the datalog just says its Raines

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 8, 2017

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 59: The Beast of the Dunes (Polsy) :siren:

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Ah, I see Umos gave you the Light Suit at long last, in recognition of your dedication to saving Aether from the darkness. It's weird that it has the cutouts, though - bare skin probably isn't a good thing in a corrosive atmosphere.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Magic Slash is indeed far and away the best form of DPS against Aeronite. It does simultaneous physical and magical damage. Aeronite, in the course of being 4x staggered, gets the Unprotected and Unshelled debuffs. You can then further apply Deprotect and Deshell (and Imperil). Stack this with Bravery and an En-element potion. All together, Magic Slash will hit as hard as your Artemis Arrows were hitting, but much MUCH faster and for less atb. As an extra bit, you can work in the timed hits to further crank the damage up.

On another note: I've skipped some episodes, but have you used Army of One onscreen yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yes, here it is at last. "Hey, we found the missing hours! And a bonus dungeon with two guys left in it if you've been diligent!" Still not quite my favourite plot point but it's a very good two.

Aeronite is a shithead. Cool design though, I liked his cousin in XIII-2 as well.

• Locked thread