Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Seiren posted:

So, I have this whole "trilogy" of FFXIII, and I've told myself repeatedly to play through FFXIII-2 before trying to play Lightning Returns. Like, it makes sense, right?

Problem is I can't stand XIII-2 for reasons incomprehensible to me, and Lightning Returns is still sitting in on my shelf, still in the shrink-wrap. Can I skip that and move onto this game, or am I going to be left in the dark and not know what the hells even going on anymore

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes, but you're going to be missing the context for a lot of the returning characters. Pretty much everyone who survived XIII-2 is back one way or another, and not knowing the context for what they've done in the paat can drastically change their portrayal in this game. As an example, Noel has a particularly egregious bit that makes absolutely no sense if you're aware of the events of XIII-2, but otherwise seems okay. I would agree that your best bet is to watch a playthrough of the important bits if you really can't stand XIII-2 as a game.

Artix fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Or you can just watch the official recap by square enix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CumQFAzxN2w

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I would watch their previous LPs, but the quickest way to catch up is the retrospective trailer square put out when Lightning Returns came out. It's great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

You don't get the best idea of the cosmology, but it's not like the game offers that either unless you study the datalogs.

Edit:darn.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tae posted:

Even if you did play those games, you should watch this. 4:18 is great.

pichupal posted:

You don't get the best idea of the cosmology, but it's not like the game offers that either unless you study the datalogs.
Edit:darn.
To be absolutely honest, even then it's kinda vague, since some of that is obtuse stuff like ancient poems. And some of the lore was only presented in some press conference. If you are actually interested in the mythology (or rather the history) of that world, you should browse the final fantasy wiki. I did that, and it's actually kinda interesting. All those gods manage to be absolutely terrible in various ways.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 14, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm hearing a lot about Lightning in the 3rd Birthday LP thread. I hope this game isn't as much of a shitshow as that one.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The cosmology in a nutshell: Bhunivelze had 3 kids and then buggered off: Lindzei, Pulse, and Etro. Pulse made the world and the Gran Pulse fal'cie, Lindzei created humanity, Cocoon, and the Cocoon fal'cie, and Etro killed herself because daddy didn't love her and accidently became the Goddess of the Afterlife And Also Time, regulating the souls of humanity between the two worlds and making sure Chaos (magical time entropy) stayed in regulation by binding tiny pieces of it to human souls. FF13 happened because Orphan wanted to crash Cocoon to kill most of humanity to throw the soul/Chaos balance out of whack to ruin everything to make the Gods come back.

The party stops it, everyone's getting reset into crystal by their fal'cie and then Etro reaches out from the End of Time (Valhalla)and goes "Nah, I like these kids, gonna save em" and in doing so Fucks Everything Up, weakening the timestream and basically dying except for her Heart which is granting immortality to her Time Guardian, Caius. Lightning also gets yanked to the End of Time and given superpowers to keep Valhalla running and also keep Etro's mostly-dead corpse intact or something. Caius' main job as Time Guardian is guarding the Seeress(es, thanks to reincarnation) Yuel, who keeps dying really fast due to Seeing The Future draining her life, exacerbated by the fracturing alternate timelines resulting in More Futures Than Normal To See And Die From. This many deaths of someone he cares for makes him go nuts and decide to Kill Time Itself (No Time = No Future = Yuel Is Immortal Now?) via either the old crashing Cocoon standby or, plan B, Actually Dying Himself (very difficult) since that would kill Etro. Plan B eventually works because the 13-2 protagonists are stupid and Etro dies resulting in Time and Natural Death kinda stopping working while Chaos flows from Valhalla starts eating existence. 500 "years" (somehow, what with time sort of ceasing) later, Big Daddy Bhunivelze wakes from his nap to see that his kids have set the house on fire, and here we are.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 15, 2016

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Doubtless that made sense to the people writing it... at the time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh it's even dumber than that. You're forgetting about Mwynn, who is Bhunivelze's mom and grandma to Pulse, Etro, and Lindzei. Big B killed her in a fit of "No, gently caress YOU, Mom!" The reason why BunnyV didn't love Etro was because he accidentally created her to be the spitting image of Mwynn so he backhanded her out of existence to Valhalla where she met Mwynn, who gave her all her powers and made her the god of death to spite Bhunivelze.

Basically, the Fabula Nova Crystallis pantheon is the equivalent of the WWE's McMahon family, a collection of scheming, self-centered, spiteful asshats with absolute power over all creation who will gladly ruin everything under their charge if it means getting one up on the others.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Does... Does that make Caius HHH?

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh it's even dumber than that. You're forgetting about Mwynn, who is Bhunivelze's mom and grandma to Pulse, Etro, and Lindzei. Big B killed her in a fit of "No, gently caress YOU, Mom!" The reason why BunnyV didn't love Etro was because he accidentally created her to be the spitting image of Mwynn so he backhanded her out of existence to Valhalla where she met Mwynn, who gave her all her powers and made her the god of death to spite Bhunivelze.

Basically, the Fabula Nova Crystallis pantheon is the equivalent of the WWE's McMahon family, a collection of scheming, self-centered, spiteful asshats with absolute power over all creation who will gladly ruin everything under their charge if it means getting one up on the others.

Is this more or less crazy than the Greek pantheon?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FrantzX posted:

Probably less crazy since we can't have Hephaestus either trying to rape or masturbating to Aphrodite.

Then again, we do have Typhon Chupon in the last game so ????

Also, I'd have thought Caius would be pre-heel-face-turn The Rock.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 15, 2016

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

FrantzX posted:

We have yet to find a deity who absolutely cannot stop having sex with people in various forms/positions/situations that inevitably cause the bulk of the problems in FFXIII's mythology.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, this is finally happening. I'm super curious about this game, but for all the wrong reasons. It irritates me on a concept level, being yet another sequel on a franchise that once shunned them, to easily the single worst Final Fantasy game, the title outright shows Motoru Toriyama's creepy, fetishistic obsession for his creation/waifu (which only gets worse now that I've seen part of the game and she's now Jesus for some reason), and overall it feels like something that should not be. Much like XIII-2. Much like everything in the FF series post-10.

Seeing the first video, despite Fedule's really weird happiness, did not help that feeling. It starts explaining nothing, in a completely different situation than the previous games, and Snow, one of the very few characters I liked, is now angry and boring because apparently we got DC writing this with their "no fun allowed" mentality. And I thought XIII-2 was a step in the right direction by at least letting you be funny in your answers, if nothing else. I fully expect Sazh to not have any role whatsoever, again.

But hey, the battle system looks very interesting and unique. That's a plus. I want to see where that goes, since there's that weird gauge that went from 1 to 5 that didn't get explained and triggered an Overclock or something to that extent, and the new Stagger system looks interesting too. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this trainwreck.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Blaze Dragon posted:

But hey, the battle system looks very interesting and unique. That's a plus. I want to see where that goes, since there's that weird gauge that went from 1 to 5 that didn't get explained and triggered an Overclock or something to that extent, and the new Stagger system looks interesting too. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this trainwreck.

Oh yes, there'll be much more expounding on this later, but for now a clarification: that gauge doesn't "fill up" (at least not during fights), it just tells you how many EP you have left. You can burn 2 EP to Overclock whenever you want, which will grant you about 5 seconds of free moves and leave you with full ATB after.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 2: Home Sweet Hope (Polsy) :siren:

Music

The Ark

Datalogs

quote:

People: Hope Estheim

Hope is Lightning's partner in her journey as the savior, leading her through her final days with the world. They were allies once before, a thousand years ago.

Hope had once been a boy when they first met, living a sheltered life within the floating world of Cocoon, until his peaceful days were shattered and his mother died before his eyes. He blamed Snow for his mother's death, but was forced to work with him to defy their shared fate, and through his journey, Hope learned to see beyond his grief and hatred.

When he was a young man, Hope helped human society rebuild from the disasters that had befallen it. He led the Academy, a research institute formed to help humanity build its own future free form the fal'Cie. He launched massive projects that would take centuries to complete, believing that science, not the gods, would save the people.

Yet now he appears to have withdrawn from human society, hiding himself away to labor in God's service...

quote:

Legends and History: The Ark

The Ark is a man-made satellite, created to be a place of refuge for humanity in the face of the world's destruction. Hope oversaw its construction, completing it approximately 500 years ago. It was launched with most of the world's people inside, and that is how humanity survived the initial catastrophe. yet eventually the Chaos reached as far as the Ark and it was abandoned by the people it had saved.

Within the Ark exists a separate dimension, where time does not move. This is the savior's base of operations. God intends for the savior to gather the souls of the people of Nova Chrysalia within the Ark when the world ends, to carry them onward to the new world he will create.

When the Ark was completed, Hope gave it the name Bhunivelze. It seemed only a coincidence at the time, but perhaps God's plans were already in motion, sweeping the young leader of mankind along in their wake.

quote:

Mythology: Almighty Bhunivelze

Almighty Bhunivelze, god of light, stands above other gods and holds the world in his palm.

After creating Pulse the wild, Lindzei the wise, and Etro, the goddess of death and Chaos, Bhunivelze retreated from man's sight and slipped into a long slumber.

It was Bhunivelze who called to Lightning, forcing her to awaken from her long crystal sleep to become the savior. And he made her a promise: if she completed this great task for him, he would use his power to bring her sister, Serah, back to her.

quote:

Mythology: The Destruction of the Old World

Lightning's younger sister, Serah, set out on a journey to avert the terrible future that awaited humanity. But that journey ended in disaster, bringing about the ruination of both time and space. The goddess Etro, who maintained the equilibrium between the world of the living and the world of the dead, was gone. And with her went the barrier which held the power of Chaos at bay, allowing it to flood into the human world.

Destruction slowly spread across the land over the intervening centuries. There are now only four small islands left amidst the darkness where people still cling to life.

Lightning failed to protect the goddess she was sworn to, resulting in the destruction of her world. She sent Serah out on her journey, ultimately leading to her death. There is so much to regret and atone for, and so little time...

quote:

Mythology: Creating a New World

Almighty Bhunivelze has decided to bring this world to an end and make a new one. There is no way to save Nova Chrysalia from the chaos in which it is sinking.

The destruction began when a single man caused the gate to Valhalla, the unseen realm, to be thrown open. In doing so, he alerted God to the great potential that lay in humans. And so God had decided to give humanity one last chance.

Bhunivelze will use the souls of the saved to populate his new world. For that purpose, he has selected a savior to gather the souls and prepare them for the new world. Bringing comfort and salvation to people is something that the heartless gods could never do themselves.

quote:

Mythology: Of Gods and Fal'Cie

Almighty Bhunivelze created three gods for his world: Etro, Pulse, and Lindzei.

Etro was a goddess without any power of her own. In contrast, both Pulse and Lindzei were granted near limitless power, and they built the fal'Cie, servants that possess supernatural powers.

The fal'Cie that served the god Pulse worked to terraform the expansive lands of the planet, and the world came to be known as Gran Pulse. The fal'Cie which served Lindzei built a world in the sky, and kept humans blissfully unaware within a cage they called Cocoon.

The gods did not reveal themselves, but the fal'Cie were present in every part of humanity's lives. The people depended on them for survival and worshiped them as gods. But there are almost no fal'Cie left in the surviving remnants of the world.

quote:

Mythology: The Goddess Etro and Valhalla

Etro was the goddess of death, enthroned in a world filled with Chaos and known as Valhalla. Most people now believe the teachings of the Order, which preaches devotion to Bhunivelze, but there still exists minority groups of heretics who are devotees to the goddess Etro.

Though her believers have not realized it, the goddess Etro died centuries ago. She was the one who held back the Chaos, keeping it within her own realm of Valhalla. Lightning was a sworn servant of Etro who fought to protect the goddess—a battle she eventually lost. Thus began the destruction of the world.

quote:

Legends and History: The Chaos

This mysterious energy came from another dimension and continues to eat away at the world. Most of the land has already been flooded by the sea of Chaos and the world is on the brink of destruction.

The Chaos gives birth to monsters and is the mystical source of a certain kind of seed. It appears like a dark mist to human eyes, but surprisingly, it cannot be seen by God. That is why it is sometimes called the unseen Chaos. Many believe that when a human dies, his or her soul returns to the sea of Chaos.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
There is a reason why Bhunivelze can't just click his fingers and do everything in a moment being God and all, this game does explain stuff but it takes its time in doing so.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
With a 6 AM curfew, I'm willing to bet that at least one sidequest pulls a Dead Rising style dick move. You know the sort, something that pops up at the last (not literal) minute and is only available before the deadline.

I've only ever played like an hour of this game, so that's pure conjecture on my part. But come on, that's exactly the sort of thing you'd expect a designer to do in a game with time limits.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Judge Tesla posted:

There is a reason why Bhunivelze can't just click his fingers and do everything in a moment being God and all, this game does explain stuff but it takes its time in doing so.

Artix posted:

The Chaos gives birth to monsters and is the mystical source of a certain kind of seed. It appears like a dark mist to human eyes, but surprisingly, it cannot be seen by God. That is why it is sometimes called the unseen Chaos. Many believe that when a human dies, his or her soul returns to the sea of Chaos.

Is the explanation that Bhunivelze is the one causing it? Come on, "Cannot be seen by God."? That's either A) an obvious lie, or B) Because it is him.

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015

DoubleNegative posted:

With a 6 AM curfew, I'm willing to bet that at least one sidequest pulls a Dead Rising style dick move. You know the sort, something that pops up at the last (not literal) minute and is only available before the deadline.

It's really not that bad. There are things that are time-based, but they ususally have a pretty wide window to get them done. I won't go into detail here, since I'm sure Artix and Fedule will talk about time and time-sensitive events in the next update.

What seems to make most people shun this game is the seemingly tight time-limit (7 days) you start with, which makes them think they'll never get the essential things done in time. In reality you often run out of things to do long before time runs out.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Asparagus32 posted:

It's really not that bad. There are things that are time-based, but they ususally have a pretty wide window to get them done. I won't go into detail here, since I'm sure Artix and Fedule will talk about time and time-sensitive events in the next update.

What seems to make most people shun this game is the seemingly tight time-limit (7 days) you start with, which makes them think they'll never get the essential things done in time. In reality you often run out of things to do long before time runs out.

Even better than that; several aspects of the game get markedly better the longer you let them sit. Like, monsters drop much better stuff as time goes on, etc.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love this game. :allears: I was a fan of 13-1 and enjoyed the heck out 13-2, but I think LR is the one game of the three that I actually have a ridiculous amount of respect for. I didn't expect to enjoy playing this game as much as I did, it's seriously fun.

I'm also a huge sucker for game soundtracks and this games OST is AMAZING.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Make a manboy out of an established character with half his memories, have another be an emotionless killing machine, and forget the advances that humanity has accomplished in the prequel. Now build a game around Lightning.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Yeah the time pressure really isn't bad in this game my first time through I got 100% of everything done by day 6, and I think I failed 1 side quest die to scheduling and that was one of the only ones that were time sensitive.

You could easily 100% this game by day 3 or 4 if you know what your doing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
There's one side quest which goes over several days. If you don't find that one till day 10 or something, you're kinda screwed. It's not that easy to miss, but I somehow managed to do so. Luckily, I found it just in time to finish it on the last possible chance.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Customising stuff is great in this, you can set up some completely nutty stuff. You missed an important part of schemata customization and I hope you will come back to it though.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Tae posted:

I'm still disappointed this video didn't do something like this:

For the triple bahamut. They had 3 different usable bahamut sprites that they just had to recolor. :colbert:

On-topic, this kinda customization is incredibly my jam and more games need to give you this much control over your characters, colors and all.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
This game is like X-2 for me in that I can forgive many sins because the thing is just so damned fun to play. The battle system and schematic stuff is really fun to screw around with.

The plot is mindfuckingly insane, but what else are you going to do when you're trying to wrap up this clusterfuck of a series after what XIII-2 did. The storytelling is pretty batshit insane, but I have to say that I was actually really intrigued by and ended up enjoying the metaplot once it all came together. Though, that could just be the comparative religion major in me talking.

Also, this particular version of Lightning is pretty great.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Update 3: Claire Farron - Ace Investigator (Polsy) :siren:

Music

The Evil Savior
The Sleeping City (Luxerion - Night)

Datalogs

quote:

Locations: Luxerion, City of Light

The holy city is home to the Order's great cathedral, the seat of its power. Most of the residents are devoted to Bhunivelze, the god of light, and each day many of the faithful stream into the city from other areas to pay homage to their god.

The city center used to span the area between North Station and Old Town, but the encroachment of the Chaos has split the city. Now the central functions of the city have migrated to the southern part of the city, between South Station and the commercial district.

The fortress to the north of Old Town has been abandoned by the authorities and is now known as the Warren. It is the preserve of outlaws and the heretics who defy the Order.

quote:

Legends and History: The Order of Salvation

The Order now governs much of human society from its seat of power in the grand cathedral in Luxerion.

Believe in the coming of the new world, entrust yourself and all you are to God on high — this is the teaching that has won over the majority of humanity. It is a message of hope in a world with no future, a balm for those suffering under the burden of overlong lives.

In the past, the Order also led the suppression of "heretics" who did not accept its principles, but that is no longer official policy. This is part of the reason why so many people are perplexed by the one-sided violence being displayed by some heretic groups.

quote:

Legends and History: The Children of Etro

The Children of Etro is a religious group pledged to the goddess of death. Its members believe that the only salvation humanity can look forward to is the peace of death.

Etro's followers have turned their back on the teachings of the Order, and expect no salvation from almighty Bhunivelze. They do not hope to be reborn in the new world which Bhunivelze promises. Rather, they hope to be welcomed into Valhalla, the world of the dead.

Many heretics are moderates who keep to themselves, but there are also fanatics who are willing to commit murder in the name of their own brand of salvation.

quote:

Legends and History: The Shadow Hunter

This mysterious figure is worshiped by the Etro fanatics who prowl the streets of Luxerion. They view him as a dark hero who will rid them of Bhunivelze's servant by killing the savior and bringing about the future they hope for.

The Order sees the Shadow Hunter as the leader of the heretics, and is trying to learn his whereabouts, but his description varies wildly on who you speak to. Some think of him as a cold-blooded assassin, while others think he is a righteous knight who punishes those who have escaped justice under the law. Then there are others who doubt he is even still alive.

quote:

Mythology: Saving Souls

According to the teachings of the Order, when the world finally meets its end, the souls of the faithful will be reborn into a new world.

The people, however, have not lived all these centuries unscathed. Surrounded by death and destruction, some now harbor a heavy darkness in their hearts. These people will not be reborn in the new world; their only fate is to wander forever in the mire of the Chaos. Cut them free of the regrets and griefs that bind them and Lightning will save them for the new world. This is the main task of the savior.

By dealing with these unhappy individuals, the savior will build a relationship with them and lighten their hearts, granting them the right to be reincarnated in the next world. Doing so will help the savior as well, giving Lightning more Eradia and allowing her to grow stronger.

Artix fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 2, 2017

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
IIIRC someone in KFJ's Lightning Returns thread said that the Japanese VA for Lightning actually had a lot of emotion in her delivery that simply wasn't there in the English version of the previous two games. In Lightning Returns, that's slightly switched in that Japanese VA is subdued and English actually has a personality.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

whowhatwhere posted:

IIIRC someone in KFJ's Lightning Returns thread said that the Japanese VA for Lightning actually had a lot of emotion in her delivery that simply wasn't there in the English version of the previous two games. In Lightning Returns, that's slightly switched in that Japanese VA is subdued and English actually has a personality.

It's probably like an intersecting line graph in terms of their respective interest in continuing the role. Maaya Sakamoto probably got tired of playing Lightning, whereas Ali Hillis loves the poo poo out of Lightning so much she got a l'Cie brand tattoo.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Okay, so I loved how you ended the episode staring at our "favorite" red/gold choco-person, but I do have a question regarding said person. Chocolina reacts to Lightning in an interesting way as if she knew her from before. Is this just because she hung out in Sazh's hair all throughout FFXIII? I ask because I don't remember Chocolina's human form ever running into Lightning.

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?
Props to Fedule for doing 3 lps simultaneously. It's a level of insanity we can only dream of.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
I remember absolutely hating this game until the battle system finally clicked for me. In that respect its sort of reminiscent of FF8 in that the story is mostly garbage but there's a lot of fun to be had in mastering and messing with the system.

I'm sure you will touch on it later but I remember there being one really good reason to do random battles. You can basically pause the world clock indefinitely if you manage the random battles properly

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Magic Pants posted:

Props to Fedule for doing 3 lps simultaneously. It's a level of insanity we can only dream of.

Okay... Completely unrelated but I honestly thought this was me posting for a second.

There can only be one king.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe Lightning has two masters, if she is missing something without realizing it.

Magic Pants posted:

Not as insane as the guy doing five or six LPs.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

nine-gear crow posted:

It's probably like an intersecting line graph in terms of their respective interest in continuing the role. Maaya Sakamoto probably got tired of playing Lightning, whereas Ali Hillis loves the poo poo out of Lightning so much she got a l'Cie brand tattoo.

I'll say, more than half her Tweets are her retweeting Lightning/Liara fanart, its pretty cool.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Magic Pants posted:

Fedule is doing like, half an LP. VLR hasn't updated in months, FFCC is completely recorded and just needs to be chopped up, and the only thing he does for this LP is show up and talk. :colbert:

GMArcturus posted:

Okay, so I loved how you ended the episode staring at our "favorite" red/gold choco-person, but I do have a question regarding said person. Chocolina reacts to Lightning in an interesting way as if she knew her from before. Is this just because she hung out in Sazh's hair all throughout FFXIII? I ask because I don't remember Chocolina's human form ever running into Lightning.

That's because she hasn't. I suppose I'm going to ruin tomorrow's update now, but her response to Chocolina is basically "No, wait, I trust you. Please stop talking."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't worry, Artix. I believe in you and the incredible amount of hard work and dedication given to LP this lacklustre Final Fantasy trilogy.

This one's for you:

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

"I'm going to put you on a train. You can get off trains when they stop. Something happened in front of the train station."

Thanks for the intel, Hope.

You guys are making this game look super tempting for $20, even after I got burned by 13-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Trick Question posted:

"I'm going to put you on a train. You can get off trains when they stop. Something happened in front of the train station."

Thanks for the intel, Hope.

You guys are making this game look super tempting for $20, even after I got burned by 13-2.

This game is the antidote to XIII-2.

• Locked thread