Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Fun thing about Anubys - if you stagger him by Guard Staggering, he's vulnerable to Magic, but if you stagger him by raising his Stagger wave (I don't remember what it's called exactly, but it's that blue-yellow-red thing) he's vulnerable to Physical attacks.

In other words the fighting in this game is fun and great when you're not fighting the same enemies over and over again. It rewards being good at the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Man, gently caress Meonektons. I hate those bastards with a passion, for what I'm pretty sure is the second reason Fedule mentioned.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

When I first played this game, I didn't like Lumina all that much. Whenever she showed up, it just meant 'oh god now I have to watch a cutscene with people talking for another ten minutes'. Now, though, I can appreciate how much fun she has making GBS threads on Lightning the whole time.

As for Schemata talk, I typically went with one heavy physical attacker, one heavy magical attacker, and then one mixed bag so that I could keep attacking while the other two recharged.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Artix posted:

Incidentally, since I got my copy of the LR OST+ today, here are a few of the songs that we've heard that aren't on the proper OST.

A Home Far Away (Dude playing New Bodhum near the clock tower)
Ballad of a Vagabond (woman playing way in the back by the clock tower)
The Savior's Words (because we needed a christmas mix?????)

Wow... that first song sounds terrible, like they just got some random person to sing for it. I mean, I guess it fits thematically, since in the game it's just some random dude, but my ears don't appreciate it.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I have a hard time determining which one I hate more: the Chocobo Eater or the Meonektons. There's one I hate above both of those, but we haven't seen that one yet.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

You guys haven't mentioned it that I've noticed, but will you ever talk about the timed hits mechanic?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I will say I like the stone-cold look of absolute disdain Lightning gives Noel when she blocks his first attack. She didn't even flinch from the attack, and it really drives home how inhuman she is compared to the rest of them. That being said, the whole speech after that is (while amazing when she's calling Noel's bluff) a little bit over the top.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I have to say, these moogles are my favorite XIII moogles. Part of that reason is Lightning giving zero fucks and just knocking Mog flat on his rear end.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Honestly, if the Last Ones just had a neon pink glow effect or had some notable part of their body be neon pink (like the Goblot's horns, for instance), it'd be alright. Simply recoloring the entire model in neon pink and calling it a day just screams design laziness.

The first time I played this game, I hadn't talked to the Last One sidequest guy yet, so I had no idea they existed. Cue the Gremlin Omega popping up, and I thought I'd glitched the game somehow. I was very confused, since hot pink is the color I associate with things that are supposed to be transparent in 3D modeling.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

You give Hope poo poo for not caring about the lives of humans, but then make a big deal about him having emotions. Make up your minds, empathy or no empathy :colbert:

(the writers of this game are terrible)

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I am irrationally irritated by you not hitting the bonus damage on all those Light Slashes, for some reason.

However, shirtless Snow and Lightning's costume in that cutscene makes up for it, so :shrug:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Goddammit Etro, goddammit Yuel, goddammit Caius, the chaos is a deep love, a profound love, a love that crushes like a mace

Speak not the Yeul,
Draw not the Yeul,
Write not the Yeul,
Sculpt not the Yeul,
Sing not the Yeul,
Call not the Yeul's name

because what the gently caress is even happening anymore any time she shows up

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh gently caress off yeul what good have you done with perfect preknowledge of the future?
gently caress all thats what
And you cant even decide if the guy you like should live or die (hint: HE WANTS TO loving DIE AND IM PRETTY SURE HES ALSO loving SICK OF YOU)

Christ yeul is the worst

While I don't disagree, the crux of the problem is that 'Yeul' is every Yeul that ever lived at the same time, so of course they're going to not agree with each other.

Also I'm loving the super chill slaughter videos.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Weeble posted:

On another note: I've skipped some episodes, but have you used Army of One onscreen yet?

Don't remember off the top of my head what episode, but yeah, he's used it once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Yeah, gently caress those assholes in the Cathedral. Those monkeys are the biggest bastards.

• Locked thread