Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

When I first started dating my ex, he just seemed a little boring but otherwise a good guy. Holy poo poo was I wrong.

All of this slowly started leaking out after years of dating him of course, but wow. He was a racist right-wing nutjob (why did he want to date me in the first place, I am brown?), a hardcore Dick Dorkins atheist, a follower of Alex Jones and believer that the gay Muslim Illuminati Jew Lizardmen were going to Destroy America. Also 9/11 was an inside job, the moon landing was fake, all shootings were made up by Obama to steal our guns, and the Freemasons controlled our little town in Bumfuck USA and also controlled the media. :psyboom: He seemed mentally stable and never claimed to hear voices or anything else, so instead of schizophrenia I think he was just really, really stupid.

He was also one of those neverending nitpickers. I would clean the house and he would get mad because I moved things of his, like moving a pile of clothes that had sat in his hallway for years before I moved in. This also applied to doing dishes wrong. Things like flushing a q-tip down the toilet got me yelled at. Any time I had a problem and didn't solve it his way, it was my fault. It was also my fault if I solved a problem and followed his solutions. He would pout like a baby if we went shopping and it happened to rain, because "my timing was always bad". If I happened to get sick (I have a couple of chronic health conditions and therefore get sick a lot) he would get mad at me for harshing his happiness and thought I was getting sick on purpose to not hang out with him. Also I couldn't have any male friends because all of my male friends, including a gay friend whom I helped come out to his family 10 years ago, was actually faking being gay just to talk to me? Total control freak.

Now I'm with a guy who couldn't be more in the opposite direction. Sweet, caring, respectful, and we are so alike in tastes and hobbies it's almost spooky. I've never been happier with someone and it seems to be mutual. And all of this was because I finally nutted up and left the ex. It involved moving houses, leaving town, and eventually leaving my job in the area, but it was all worth it and my only regret is not ending it sooner.

If you're having doubts about a relationship on a fundamental level, just break up and save yourself time, money and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread