Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He also installed all the pedals

If I were super into driving games this could be cool as hell. The PC set up inside a box is just gross and I feel like most of the prep for using it is navigating your knees around the stalactites of cum hanging off the bottom of the desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Heath posted:

If I were super into driving games this could be cool as hell. The PC set up inside a box is just gross and I feel like most of the prep for using it is navigating your knees around the stalactites of cum hanging off the bottom of the desk

He makes enough money to buy tissues, you gross goon

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

He makes enough money to buy tissues, you gross goon

or at least rinse out an old soda bottle

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Gamer aspect aside I have a few friends that would enjoy several crappy things over 1 nice thing. So I mean poo poo who cares if its stupid its an easy gift

sounds like you need new friends

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Gamer aspect aside I have a few friends that would enjoy several crappy things over 1 nice thing.

polio king posted:

sounds like you need new friends

On the other hand there might be a reason he's friends with people who have low standards

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Dreddout posted:

I'm posting from inside one right now, AMA!

does your gaming prison have a gloryhole cut into it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

yes and my erection wilts a little bit more each time my wife sighs when she comes in to store laundry

coolskull fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 15, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Iron Prince posted:

No, but it has an exhaust port for used tissues.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I mean, once their on the floor they officially becomes my moms problem.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

The only thing worse than ironically observing that this is a poo poo infantile waste of time is ironically observing that it is a poo poo infantile waste of time that others are ironically observing that it is a poo poo infantile waste of time. gently caress off

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7ZuYi4DT4

I'm so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQwjYDuGfMg

GAGRGHHGGh

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hahaha what the gently caress.
Thanks for the av I guess :laffo:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Michaellaneous posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress.
Thanks for the av I guess :laffo:

that is a pretty good avatar actually, congrats

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

that is a pretty good avatar actually, congrats

I mean yeah. And it always warms my heart when someone buys me a new avatar, for whatever reason that might be.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Fistcrate. They get all excited opening it until a boxing glove on a spring pops out and punches them in their stupid "I'm a millennial and need Xmas and birthday presents every month" stupid faces.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

There's a hentai crate out there isn't there?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I prefer to hand pick the garbage man-child toys that make it into my museum of nonsexual activity.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

aw thank you

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

I prefer to hand pick the garbage man-child toys that make it into my museum of nonsexual activity.

Wouldn't you just collect the boxes without ever opening them, then?

*stands in front of a shelves, row after row filled with gamer boxes*
*gently strokes ones* Ah, July 15, a great month.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Michaellaneous posted:

Wouldn't you just collect the boxes without ever opening them, then?

*stands in front of a shelves, row after row filled with gamer boxes*
*gently strokes ones* Ah, July 15, a great month.

Yeah I do :(

I still buy loose figures when I find them at flea markets because they are usually only a dollar or two and look better than a bunch of boxes being displayed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A guy I went to school with has given up looking for a job in our field and is now leaning hard into unboxing vids, live blogging and all that poo poo. Not for games though, he's a Disney/Marvel fanboy.

He was always a little goofy, so it's hard to tell if his enthusiasm is sincere or if he's just acting right to get noticed by the right people.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Toadvine posted:

A guy I went to school with has given up looking for a job in our field and is now leaning hard into unboxing vids, live blogging and all that poo poo. Not for games though, he's a Disney/Marvel fanboy.

He was always a little goofy, so it's hard to tell if his enthusiasm is sincere or if he's just acting right to get noticed by the right people.

he's prolly gonna end up getting way more money than all his peers hoping that a company/college/whatever is going to retire their staff and hire young people

youtube is basically social security for white people who arent old

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Jesus loving christ, https://www.cratejoy.com/ is a monthly crate subscription service and they list over seven hundred different monthly crates that people can subscribe to, some costing over $100 every month. And they don't list all the monthly crate services out there, there's even more beyond these. This poo poo is loving insane.
:psyduck:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jesus loving christ, https://www.cratejoy.com/ is a monthly crate subscription service and they list over seven hundred different monthly crates that people can subscribe to, some costing over $100 every month. And they don't list all the monthly crate services out there, there's even more beyond these. This poo poo is loving insane.
:psyduck:

is there one for miniatures or modeling/sculpting tools, because that would actually be cool

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

is there one for miniatures or modeling/sculpting tools, because that would actually be cool

Send me a model of a WW2 plane/ship/tank every month and I'll loving give you 100 bucks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

Send me a model of a WW2 plane/ship/tank every month and I'll loving give you 100 bucks.

true to crate tradition i'l take your 100 bux and send you 2 cheap Revell planes

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Someone who owns a party/costume chain should make a monthly Halloween box and just stuff it fully of leftover bullshit that they couldn't sell for 75% off in November.

Where do leftover decorations usually go? A spooky dumpster?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Big Crate is going to put all of the local non English speaking mom and pop dollar stores out of business.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

true to crate tradition i'l take your 100 bux and send you 2 cheap Revell planes

Foiled again :argh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neurolimal posted:

https://www.cratejoy.com/war-games-supply/

There's a few monthly crates for art supplies but I didn't see any sculpting specific crates

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I like to ask people if they are gamers but in my head I am spelling it gay-mer so I can laugh about it later if they say yes.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Wow the website ia complete garbage in mobile I thought we fixed those issues 5 years ago.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's a hentai crate out there isn't there?

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO TAKE THE POCKY & OTHER TREATS OUT OF THE ALIEN FLESHLIGHT BEFORE USE! gomen ^__^

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Neurolimal posted:

he's prolly gonna end up getting way more money than all his peers hoping that a company/college/whatever is going to retire their staff and hire young people

youtube is basically social security for white people who arent old

nice projection

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
yea like while gamer crates are dumb I see the appeal of monthly boxes. If they can snag a deal with a supplier to get a bunch of units for a low price, and you don't mind getting a little bit of a surprise (and as long as they don't make it impossible to unsubscribe if you decide their curation is poo poo) they can give everybody a deal and still make some profit everybody wins, and you get to try out products that you may not usually use and discover new things. Something like a model box would be cool... Or like small accessories or actual nice outfits (those services usually let you choose from several options so you don't get anything you don't want) I've actually considered getting one. Really it all comes down to how good they are at getting a good deal and picking their products and some don't seem to just have useless trinkets

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I guess I went to the arts and crafts section because I wanted to see if there was any origami or paper craft type stuff and, well
https://www.cratejoy.com/mindful-coloring-box/

35 bucks for mindfulness adult colouring books :pwn:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got a cool adult coloring book that is cityscapes and then mandalas of some of the cities it's really nice and I should really color more of it

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Crates seem like a way people with to much money and no ability to make a coherant decision about what they want to buy will subscribe to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

is there a gunpla crate

• Locked thread