Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Already there is a thread on CivFanatics asking "Is Civilization forever dead?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
I believe Rise of Nations made the same mistake regarding the Kremlin, in fact.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Watching the stream, and it appears the tech quote for engineering is from Dilbert. :cripes:

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

I as a native Texan, cry every time.

But barbarian have always been represented in Civ.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Aerdan posted:

Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition announced, which includes a few physical bonuses in addition to the stuff available in the digital deluxe edition.

So what's on the coins.? ...Civ2's council?

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Apparently industrial zones reduce the beauty of neighboring tiles, but I don't think they've shown whether adjacency effects cross borders.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Proposition Joe posted:

I do not understand the demand to put dumbdick Harry rear end Truman in the game.

Had he not decided to intervene in the Korean War, we might never have had K-pop.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
I think it would be neat if each district had a name for when you mouse over them, as a way of showcasing the more "minor" settlements of civs. Like the harbor of Athens would be Piraeus, or the entertainment complex of Los Angeles might be Burbank.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Perhaps biplanes require oil, thus limiting players to observation balloons until combustion is also discovered?

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I'm really hyped, can you guys help me tamper expectations?

Still no return of Civ2 style fmv council.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, I miss that like CRAZY. At this point, I should be able to completely customize my palace and it will show a miniature version in my capital.

Congratulations on your culture victory! A loot crate has dropped!

Possible contents include:

X-COM Vigilo Confido banner for palace
Sid Meier's Pirates! Caribbean Buccaneer skin for Harald Hardrada
Sid Meier's Railroads! model train set for throne room

You have [0] crate keys
Click here to buy a crate key for just $2.99!

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

No streamers seem to have any issues winning.

Welllll Lewis of the Yogscast played on a stream and was getting wrecked by barbarians in the early game. One of his settlers was captured at one point, and though he expanded to 4 or so cities eventually 2 AIs smelled weakness and declared war, taking his capital and first city.

He started a new game. It appeared to be going better despite another strong barbarian presence near the start, but eventually he got a "Defeat!" screen at some point despite having twice the score of any other AI on the map. An AI probably got the religious victory.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
When CivV was announced to have themes for each specific civilization, someone on CivFanatics whined about having to hear "flipping bongo drums all day".

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Hogama posted:

Gorgo's Greece does have a different border color, and it was confirmed that both leaders can be in a game at once.

If they are guaranteed adjacent starts and can conquer each other's cities without an assimilation penalty that could prove an interesting dynamic.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I played a lot of civ6 on the switch while i was quarantined, and i started to wonder what does the computer players use to determine if were you found a city belongs to them after I built a city behind another city I had and the British and Spanish got salty I built on land they claimed.

Historically accurate for the British and Spanish empires to covet all the land in the world.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
CharlestheHammerBewitched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm wondering if the reason this pack is underwhelming is because most of the team is now on Civ 7.

You mean Beyond Earth 2?