Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Staltran posted:

Even if you're unmodded, you shouldn't plop down a district immediately if you're going to be able to plop it down with a 40% discount soon. Explanation here. So if you've got another district that's going to be finished soon (and you're going to get a tech or civic after that, updating the variable), and that's going to qualify the new district for the discount, you should wait.

Also how that discount/district cost in general works really should be explained in the game.

I couldn't make heads or tails of the explanation in the civfanatics post. Could you, or someone else who understands it, take a stab at re-stating it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm in my second playthrough and the AI seems sort of weird. Two civs declared war on me out of nowhere at the same time, from across an ocean, but they didn't seem to be sending any units after me. I built a battleship and sailed it over, and after many turns did manage to nail a military unit coupled with a settler. And that was it. They had much better tech than me (machine guns and aircraft) but they didn't use it. Eventually I checked and was able to make peace with both.

This isn't anomalous, it's just how bad the AI is.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

Multiple spaceports can serve a purpose. After the ship is launched they can all make laser stations at the same time, and also if you have multiple spaceports then one getting sabotaged is less of a problem.

I've never seen the AI build a laser or Lagrange station. Their exoplanet expedition always sits on 1 ly / turn.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010
Sometime recently they fixed the AI to have it build Lagrange stations. That was a nasty surprise that made me lose a game by one turn. Scotland had their spaceship cranked up to 9 LY/turn, without the ISS.

Those of you that play on Diety: How many of your starts do you actually play out versus hitting restart? I've been a Civ player since the original, but the dogshit AI and full-game pricing on the expansions for VI really outweighed the positives to me so I quit playing a couple of years ago and just recently came back to it to get the Deity victory achievement. I knocked it out his morning, but really a surprising portion of starts weren't viable from the get-go. Either I got war-decced on turn 11 by Sumeria or I got found from three directions at once by barbs on turn 4 (this really happened) in a lot of starts, or my side of the continent didn't have iron (this is the worst, because you have to play through bronze working to find out).

No way I'm paying for the last couple of bundles because I just wanted to scratch that completionist itch by winning on Deity on immediately uninstalling again, but I wish Gaul had been in the game a couple of years ago.