Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

The Lord Bude posted:

I would be astounded if a significant percentage of the playerbase ever played civ multiplayer though. Multiplayer civ is horrible - it always becomes a rush to see who can fart out units as quickly as possible and win by conquest as quickly as possible - usually by the end of the classical era. It completely warps the game.

And as for single player, the answer is to make the AI better. Marching a couple of doom stacks around the map is an incredibly boring experience.

As opposed to single player doing the same...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

the gameplay was good and it actually had good writing unlike all those games.

not really tbh it was pretty unbalanced everywhere

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Yes, but we got ffh2 out of it. I find the end product of 4 much more playable than 5. There are so many little things that get in the way of just playing 5 (mostly global happiness, that was a terrible idea.)

I infinitely disagree but I also wish we got a FFH for 5 because 1UPT would have solved all of the loving issues of pyre zombie stacks and poo poo like that.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Methanar posted:

Civ 4 is still the best game ever created: Got it.

actually it's bad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

How dare you.

Well, it seems that roads will be built without workers so that's already a positive sign. Although there will also be some kind of 'Engineer' unit that can built roads for your army.

so

as long as it's not called a worker you're cool with it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I thought they were Big Huge Games. That sucks. Rise of Nations was legit the best game since age of empires in that genre.

rise of nations might be the only game since age of empires in that genre

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

turboraton posted:

Lmao at someone not buying the game because some vocal goons claim its bad. Lmao harder at them mentioning Civ5 wasn't mediocre at release.

Can't wait for Civ7 where I will read that this game was a treasure.

why buy a game now at full price when you could get it later when it's not mediocre at release

lol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

honestly I am impressed they added a battle royale to civ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You might want to try asking on Civ's inevitable reddit page, I imagine they do MP games still.