Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rimusutera posted:

Civs in the game are definitely based on and reflect ideas about real historical figures and existing nations, yes? This isn't very complicated.

Well.....not really. Maybe some pop history but not much more than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I feel like they started actually caring between 4 and 5. Like, Mao and Stalin haven't been seen since, nor has civs like "Native America" and "Vikings," but my favorite little touch is that they replaced Montezuma II with Montezuma I.

Though there have still been some odd choices, like Maria I of Portugal and the curmudgeon trait and whatnot since.

I mean that can also be because there is only one leader per civ

Like do you really think Churchill is never coming back despite India and the Irish

Or FDR and his concentration camps

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

homullus posted:

you mean, uh, at a time?

because there are three civs with multiple leaders (England, France, and Greece)

I meant five where the change was supposed to happen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cleopatra was a skilled politician to her core. I don’t know why anyone would bring up inbreeding because there is no real evidence it ever really effected the Ptolemaic dynasty all that much

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would try to make jokes on this comedy website, either :rolleye:

I mean yeah that’s my point it doesn’t really work as a joke