Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Keep every quote the same except give me back "pig iron, pig iron, I've got aaaaaaaaall pig iron"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Nice to see the Sea People represented in a game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I think the main problem I have with culture victories is that my science suffers and someone goes to war with me and oops I'm like 5 techs behind

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Grammer isnt real, kill all prescriptivists

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

i mean, generally I would agree with you, but plurality agreement is actual grammar that exists

syntax is a real thing lol

it's not like he's complaining that the game used the word "ain't" or something

I think purely descriptively you can say that as English currently exists, saying "I built a renaissance walls" is ungrammatical

I am of the opinion that as long as you can understand what its saying, it doesnt matter how its said. "I built the renaissance walls" is easily understood, so its perfectly fine

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

I enjoy seeing another civ's settler heading toward my region, pumping out a quick settler of my own to rush over and grab that spot, and then watching the enemy civ turn around and trudge back home, defeated.

You should have rushed a scout and captured their settler instead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

I really don't want to be pendantic but the issue is that it doesn't say that. It says "I built a renaissance walls". If it used 'the' it would be fine.

I havent seen bad faith like this since genghis khan told me i was a cool dude

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

this isn't bad faith at all you literally changed a sentence that wasn't grammatical into one that was and then said it was fine because it was lol

I mean I do understand why you say it's bad faith because it seems like a minor change but like the discussion in question is about the inclusion of one extra letter so it kinda does matter

it didnt change my original point, that its understandable. just change the to a in my sentence, simple fix to my post.

but also, genghis khan is a fucker who keeps saying we're friends and then coming at me 3 turns later. i just wanna be friends with the angry horseman

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I use what sounds cool from the randomizer, im not very good at thinking of good names

I guess i could start naming them after books

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rimusutera posted:

Marbozir, TheSaxyGamer & PotatoMcWhiskey all have a bunch of videos up.

The latters been fun to watch quite a bit and is very knowledgeable about the game but he's started having an uptick in "triggered" references in his video commentary, as a fair warning.

I like potatoes content but lord help me if his chat gets off topic they will talk about politics and while he himself is not horrible as far as ive seen it is always cringy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I actually think that golden ages are balanced enough that georgia's abilities arent "win more". More like "lose less". I think its actually a pretty decent ability since you are likely to get at least one golden age at some point and from that point on she has a good shot of always having them

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eimi posted:

:golfclap:

Dromon is pronounced basically like thromon, for the curious.

Throwmon is my davorite digimon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lol, i cant believe they said this was defensive civ, how do you not look at that and go "time to go to war with the first civ i meet"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I honestly like the golden age change but the dark ages one is rough as heck. That being said, current dark are kind of a light punishment so at least they actually feel dark

Very mixed emotions all around lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
haha i just realized, gauls district thing encourages you to spread cities out, which means less cities, which will piss trajan off. clever

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've always thought Trajan's agenda was about claimed tiles more than number of cities. He phoned me up to tell me I was optime after I conquered Constantinople, but that doesn't narrow it down.

Oh really? This actually means he'd love gaul since they culture bomb all over the dang map. Flavor fail

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i knoe byzantium is obvs op and i get it but ive been playing around with gaul and honestly they're pretty fun. i killed the first civ i met and then proceeded to enjoy a nice culture game bc early industry turns out to be really good at pumping wonders out!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

I finally got around to playing this update and drat Gaul really churns out culture! I was light years ahead of other civilizations.

the mines really add up yeah.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ded posted:

Early trade weighting is really borked now.

Uh why is open borders worth more then one gold per turn, that seems different then literally every game ive played

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
St micheal and his dumb mont can kiss my rear end!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
They seem broken but honestly, while thier early game is gonna be crazy, i dont think they can skip too too far ahead once mid-game comes in. Which probably means they are super broken and im bad at evaluation

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nosre posted:

guess who grabbed Sinbad one turn before me :argh:

I guess at least this city can eventually canal to the ocean

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Speedball posted:

Beowulf is also great for just deleting troublesome enemies. And Himiko is good. Really there aren't many duds in the hero lineup.

i dont think any of them are bad, just some are more situational. the base for most of them is still an above-average fighter. they did a pretty good job with the heroes i feel like

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Albino Squirrel posted:

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1347752906360049665?s=20

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1347754464225210368?s=20

Mark Zuckerberg is a Spuddy, confirmed.

(also gently caress Ben Domenech and who funds the Federalist, again?)

Zuckerburg is such a garbage person and yet this guy found the like one thing he does thats totally innocuous to get offended over

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

World Famous W posted:

The real big difficulty of a domination victory is not to grow bored moving units around

I basically can only do domination on 4 player maps because any larger and i just get bored halfway through when youve conquered like 2 civs and your empire is too big to fail and do a science victory instead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
okay the tourism from industries is gonna need to be nerfed heavily, 1400% is loving insane

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You can balance around making civs more fun and distinct rather than exactly as powerful as each other.

i think this is more important to me then every civ being good. Its kind of sad to me none of the civ 6 civs are as distinct as venice was, imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ded posted:

best nimoy civ lines are sputnik and pig iron

The pig iron line is my personal favorite, i love how he draws out the all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

homullus posted:

Like many songs about trains, Rock Island Line attempts to evoke train sounds, such as the rhythm of the lead engine and its whistle. In that song, the train is speeding up as it pulls away from a toll inspector that the engineer has just lied to regarding the contents of the train. Nimoy reads it as it's done in the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jNiGOb-b8A

Thats cool, id never actually heard the song before!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Staltran posted:

Weird civics path and/or the tech/civic shuffle option, perhaps?

Tech/civic can give you some wierd paths but i don think it will give you a path to a govt without having enough policy cards , since it seems to favor having a limit of three "paths"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

They wanted to make Japan's UB "Nintendo Headquarters" but their legal department stopped them one week before release

i think this might actually be true lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
korea got a buff. Lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

Sounds kind of situational, tbh. It pretty much applies only to having two or more Seowon's close enough to each other to have mines or farms to all of them. And even there, the gain seems minimal.

yeah sure, its just funny to me the new civs were so broken they felt they had to improve one of the best civs in the game, even if minor

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ghandi wasnt really as peaceful as people are taught so its kinda funny that it basically wraps around to being more true to life

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

What is the zombie mode? The tool tip in the game setup gives not enough info. Does it just mean zombies will appear every once and a while with a plague of them happening once and a while or is it something else?

thats right, but tbh its very lackluster so i dont know the specifics of its mechanics

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbf giving fake info to your allies to encourage them to fight your battles is still done to this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

bring back mind worms and let me commune with planet