Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
Ok there's this german video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VvGkRTieQ&t=621s

No way I'm gonna listen to that, but I've gathered from some forums that:

Civ VI will have less technologies, around 50, but it will be "compensated by some system they can't talk about yet."
Roads will form by caravans travelling trade routes
Engineer may build roads for your soldiers

We just need more info now, anyway I'm glad they let Ed Beach loose on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
This tidbit is interesting:

'As time goes on and farmland becomes less essential, you can start replacing those farms with suburban communities — called "neighborhoods" — to house more citizens.'

From http://mashable.com/2016/05/11/civilization-6-reveal-details/

Every info I get about Civ 6 gets me more and more pumped.

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
Lots of cool info not mentioned yet I think:

The game is going to be 64bit, to be honest I'm not sure what it all means but I guess larger maps are faster and graphics can have more details etc.

Continents now have all different names. In the preview demo the continent is called Lemuria.
Maybe there's some sort of colonizing mechanic or some civics encourage settling other continents, who knows.

Air combat has been reworked. (good)

There's been many many strong hints to canals being in game, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed now after Ed Beach said "Nothing we can talk about now, would make Roosevelt sad if wouldn't have them" when asked.

Civs get three unique units/buildings, and the unique ability (maybe it was mentioned already)

New natural wonder: Pantanal

edit: and war weariness is back according to http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/sid-meiers-civilization-vi

edit2: barbarians create scouts, if they find a settlement and make it back to their camp alive, they shall return with a marauding horde

Come october, and Civ V is obsolete.

Harmonia fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 26, 2016

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014

Surprise Giraffe posted:

I'm looking forward to this already. I think it looks pretty great too despite the change in art style, though I do wish they could have retained the clarity they're apparently going for using a realistic style. I think the terrain is going to end up looking a bit lifeless and boring after a while. I especially wish the cities looked realistic. I said in another thread that one of the cooles things in Civ 3 was birds eye view of your metropolis-es, even if they were just static portraits. I feel like you should be able to achieve something much more impressive than toy town with the processing power available today.

Personally I feel the map is going to age better than Civ 5's, I like that now we get trees that sway in the wind, and the ocean and waves look pretty good too. Seems to be more zoom both in and out too.

The Civ6 river is kinda bland looking but so is Civ 5's, I think Civ4 had best looking ones.

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
After war there is a Peace Table, where you can for example negotiate who keeps the conquered cities or are they returned to the original owner.
Nice addition along with the Casus Belli things.

Some Great People like Generals and Admirals 'retire' after their era so you can't have Nelson leading your navy in Modern era.

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
Whoah, after the last patch the AI is actually a lot better at taking cities.

I've lost my last two (emperor level) games for AI attacking my empire with many corps and armies.

They really concentrate forces to one city a time, and bombard and shoot it to low health and then storm it and aren't as afraid of casualties anymore.
They don't care about walls either like it was before.

First I was so shocked that I played the game to the very end, looking as my cities were taken one by one, even my last colony on an island was taken by ironclads.

Latest game I didn't finish but it was clear as the war of attrition had swinged to Spanish Empire's favor and artillery corps were pulverizing my cities..

Also, I love how there's now full World Wars!

All alliances create automatic Defensive pacts, so if two empires launch a joint war against another, their Allies join in the slaughter..

I loved Civ 4 and 5 too but at the moment I don't miss them at all.

P.S. Someone wrote that the patch affects only Rise&Fall AI and not vanilla Civ 6, don't know about this..

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
I am Swedish Empire, have built a cool army consisting of my elite Caroleans and decide to crush the Mapuche empire to my east once and for all.
To make even things better I am in a Golden Age so I feel good..

..Had forgotten about the Mapuche unique bonus of strenght against enemy in a Golden Age, the strenght made a big difference in the fights and I had to retreat to lick my wounds..

Another thing that I (of course my general staff is to blame) forgot was that Caroleans are an anticav-unit, so when they get charged by a melee-class unit such as musketmen they are slaughtered.

The attack bonus of Caroleans from unused movement is pretty cool but it didnt save my rear end this time.

I am more of a roleplayer in strategy games than a min/max player so sometimes even the failed campaigns bring value to the story.

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
Yeah they definately build walls on my games, is some mod affecting the behavior? My mods are only fan made civs and cosmetic stuff like Real great people.

Now it seems that AI finally uses more air attacks, my tiles were pillaged by Mongolian bombers, and I also saw triplanes strafing units on another war between AI empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harmonia
Jul 1, 2014
Firaxis has several new games announced this year:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-vi/firaxis-new-game-2021

I wonder what they could be? Xcom 3 could be one of them. I hope they announce Civ 7 though.

E3 is in couple of weeks, maybe we hear something there.