Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

RESOURCES EXIST TO BE CONSUMED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i just won a domination game (with hungary) for the first time in a civ game in maybe 15 years. becoming suzerain of every city-state and levying troops was so hilariously broken that i just decided to go for it. i also have no idea how people regularly play domination games, it's so mind-numbing just mass attacking with machine guns over and over again.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Continuing my tour through this game having not played for 3+ years and never being super good at it, i absolutely romped through a game on King as Alexander. Actually easier than the Hungary game (although it felt less "gamey" because I wasn't shifting the suzerain governor every 5 turns and levying troops), I just started cranking out the UUs and steamrolled the whole map. I was into future tech while other civs were still throwing out cuirassiers. Absolutely nuts how good it was at domination.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Rimusutera posted:

"they don't represent indigenous peoples despite sharing names with them" is also one hell of a self contradictory argument.

Im not sure what that other poster talking about but there are a huge number of playable civs that were traditionally otherized as barbarians (Gaul, Persia, Mongol, Turks, multiple civilizations of indigenous American peoples), all of which are much more directly representative of the cultures you're worried about.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Starks posted:

It should be Jacques I or Castro, I don’t think there’s been a Caribbean leader yet

Haiti! Haiti! Haiti! *banging on table intensifies* HAITI! HAITI! HAITI!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Portugal is really good, I got my second Emperor win with them just cranking out coastal cities and navigation schools, the combination of gold+science got me a science win while everyone else was still struggling about with cavalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Stefan Prodan posted:

Trick with Arthur I just learned while doing a Mongolia game:

Arthur can turn ANY unit into a questing knight. This includes builders! Later in the game they are way cheaper to make than military units and you can even use a couple build charges then turn them into a questing knight

edit: nevermind I think this is just a bug because you can only do it while they are standing on a tile with a military unit and if you target that unit it will change the builder instead so I think it's probably an exploit

Works with scouts though.