Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Mega Man syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hand Row posted:

The point of pet civs is not cultural awareness. It is for enslaving and loving their poo poo up. Hell yeah if I am China I am going after Tibet.

They should just make Taiwan a civ and have it be a better China in every way.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Fuligin posted:

I feel like a lot of people came in when Civ V launched cause Steam sales and whatnot and just heard tales of the horrible micromanagement hell of doom stacks

Poor kids will never experience the Ultimate Fanfic Crossover Circle Jerk that was the Fall From Heaven mods.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Prism posted:

FFH2 was amazing and I should play it again.

ed: Are there any total conversion fantasy mods for Civ5?

There is Faerun and Civilization Nights. I never actually got around to playing either, but if you liked the guy who made FFH1/2, he ended up getting a job at Stardock and was a lead for Fallen Enchantress and the expansion. It sorta has the same concepts in a few places, but I think it sorta executes a bunch of things horribly(doesn't even have an option for balanced starting locations) and the AI is even worse than Civ games, but gets giant combat/economic bonuses to offset it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

"Civ IV players talked about Cottage Spam on Elizabeth a lot, we found a way to appease them!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

This is Theodore Roosevelt's Presidential Portrait for comparison