Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
also everyone in the 90s had to wear one of these to be cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

KennyLoggins posted:

I had a Chicago bulls one!
I'm from Massachusetts and hate basketball

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
hey guys!!! let's all go watch some nickelodeon!!! i just got the new nsync cd let's go listen to it, i've got a casette tape of the simpsons rewound and everything.

rose tinted glasses are man's greatest flaw.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
In order to improve this thread I used my time machine to go to 90's NY one last time, just so I could record some footage in HD, enjoy the simple montage :)

https://youtu.be/fT4lDU-QLUY

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Fat Albert on cassette tape

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015

Explosive Tampons posted:

In order to improve this thread I used my time machine to go to 90's NY one last time, just so I could record some footage in HD, enjoy the simple montage :)

https://youtu.be/fT4lDU-QLUY

it almost looks exactly like it does now!

oh wait there aren't any fat sweaty mascots, point retracted.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Munchables posted:

I think she also had a bed covered in them...

it's possible we have the same grandma

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

thathonkey posted:

it's possible we have the same grandma

Are you from Maryland or West Virginia?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am not. no.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I had one of these bad boys. Once I took just the backpack to the swimming pool because I thought I could scuba dive with it (air in pack+hose to mouth=underwater scuba fun). I was sad when I tried it and realized it wouldn't work.

thathonkey posted:

these were really popular in the 90s too. my grandma had a bunch of rare ones like this one pictured here that she kept the tags on. she still has them sitting in her house somewhere because they're worth nothing on ebay.

I still have a fuckton of beanie babies stored away in my basement. Someday in the distant future I will cash out big time and I'll be the one laughing.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Lol, my dad had one of these. I don't think it ever worked right, and me and my sister ended up accidentilly breaking the end of the antenna at some point. Whatever, it got in the way of me playing Batman Returns on it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

such a good video still

okay admit it, who else had a dumb fake-crystal necklace and what mythical animal was holding the fake crystal

for me I had two, I had a claw of some kind holding a clear orb [or reflective metal finish? idk] and a dragon holding a long straight crystal and together it kind of resembled a sword

I don't even remember when I stopped wearing them, or why I got them in the first place

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Code Jockey posted:

okay admit it, who else had a dumb fake-crystal necklace and what mythical animal was holding the fake crystal

for me I had two, I had a claw of some kind holding a clear orb [or reflective metal finish? idk] and a dragon holding a long straight crystal and together it kind of resembled a sword

I actually had both of these as well. And a crystal dagger(like a 3 inch blade) I carried.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2TOwSj9LPQ

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

RFC2324 posted:

I actually had both of these as well. And a crystal dagger(like a 3 inch blade) I carried.

awesome

I got them from a local comic shop that stocked everything from the latest 90s EXXXXXXTREME comic garbage to manga [like, translated stuff released by image or whoever] to magic the gathering to accessories for the young goth such as the necklaces

that place loving owned and if my dad ever got tired of hauling me there and wasting his money there he certainly never showed it

thanks dad

also I'm old as gently caress because I was into magic back when Dark/Legends were new and some kid somehow bought an entire box of Legends boosters, and in retrospect I think maybe they were actually stolen because holy gently caress were booster boxes expensive then and we were all poor af

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao the sheer outrage and pearl-clutching over mortal kombat was so, so good

and did absolutely nothing but make me seek out arcade cabs with it so I could experience the horrible looking - but red - blood effects

[thanks a lot nintendo]

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Code Jockey posted:

awesome

I got them from a local comic shop that stocked everything from the latest 90s EXXXXXXTREME comic garbage to manga [like, translated stuff released by image or whoever] to magic the gathering to accessories for the young goth such as the necklaces

that place loving owned and if my dad ever got tired of hauling me there and wasting his money there he certainly never showed it

thanks dad

also I'm old as gently caress because I was into magic back when Dark/Legends were new and some kid somehow bought an entire box of Legends boosters, and in retrospect I think maybe they were actually stolen because holy gently caress were booster boxes expensive then and we were all poor af

Mid 30s too, huh?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

KennyLoggins posted:

Hell yeah! I had the Phoenix Suns.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

max4me posted:

I think there is some weird licensing issue with super soaker.

that guy who came up with it worked at the JPL

Hasbro sued his new water gun company a few years ago for using technology that he developed originally but they still held the patents for, which is part of the reason for why there have been few CPS styled water guns in the past decade

I think he won some kind of big countersuit though and used his winnings to build his own R&D lab though

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
When DC was making good stuff :unsmith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Benny the Snake posted:

When DC was making good stuff :unsmith:

Like Superboy and the Ravers?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

RFC2324 posted:

Mid 30s too, huh?

ding ding ding

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bonzo posted:

Like Superboy and the Ravers?

Teen Titans

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Was it Windows 98 who did meth and raped his boyfriend?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Teen Titans
i'm disappointed in myself that i didn't watch this show more as a kid. poo poo owns bones.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

KennyLoggins posted:

My basketball team in elementary school was the Hornets. The coaches fat lardass of a son was always given priority over everybody else, even those who were actually decent players (as decent as an elementary school kids can be).

I think we won maybe one game in two entire seasons? Pretty sure that turned me off organized sports until college.

Still got a trophy!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iM1AFERjdA

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

The Rage posted:

Was it Windows 98 who did meth and raped his boyfriend?

Roboshit

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Inzombiac posted:

Teen Titans

You mean the one by Dan "Zero Hour" Jurgens?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Remember shellsuits?

I had a purple one very similar to what this lady is wearing

(I am not a lady)

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This is me in 1990

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

lol if yours didn't have a curse word on it.

I remember my friend wearing it and the teacher kept looking at it trying to figure out what it said and after like 15 minutes she figured it out and kicked him out and the principal made him turn it inside out lol

also these clothes were big in my neighborhood from 1992-1992

Hey, anybody remember there was a kid's toy called Ballsack?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Smythe posted:

YOSPOS BITCH!!

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

lol if yours didn't have a curse word on it.

I remember my friend wearing it and the teacher kept looking at it trying to figure out what it said and after like 15 minutes she figured it out and kicked him out and the principal made him turn it inside out lol

Hell yeah Onyx represent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgCeYJMN4

quote:

:v:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

drat right!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmfzGf9904

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciGN8nBWkRY

That t-shirt managed to infringe on two copyrights at once :D

I also remember the places that sold shirts like that also sold stuff like this

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Hecho en Mexico.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Bonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXI_ApY4dY

I turned 18 in 1992. Since we couldn't legally drink, my friends and I would hang out at a strip club once a week. It was Deja Vu if anyone cares.

Anyway, they had this special called a "Wild Weasel". You paid $10 or $20 and got to sit on one of the many couches that lined 2 walls of the place. A random girl would start giving you a couch dance and the DJ would say, "Switch" after about 2 or 3 minutes. The girl giving you a dance would then go to the couch to the right of you while the girl to the left of you would now dance for you. This song out be on a loop until everyone had a dance from each girl.

We considered this to be the most economical choice because you were getting a couch dance from all 20 girls in one go. One buddy called it "The Sampler" because he used this as an opportunity to see who he wanted to get a full dance from later.

There was a Deju Vu in Northwest Indiana too. It was near the campground my family used to go to on weekends. I remember just thinking it was like the saddest video game arcade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh man I forgot about this song..
My favorite thing is they talking about looping a track that was stolen.
meanwhile their hook uses Sledge Hammer's riff and a kids nursery rhyme.

also this is the first time I saw the video, WOW.

• Locked thread