Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

payload attack bastion ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt realize how much 50% more spread was lol. this is a good change to hin actually

mercy is also getting iframes while she resurrects. i think if the ability is gonna be that strong they should tone down how much it comes out cause atm she can pop it like 5 times a match just keepin everyone topped off and everyone coming back 2 life is very frustrating for the other team lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
it sounds like they're moving bastion more toward tf2's heavy, which is good to me. spinning up as you jump around a corner is one of life's great joys

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*on the ground, tears flowing* Found Wujing Reinhardt in a box

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want them to add the bastion changes to the main game now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother is the average overwatch player. he was playing the random hero mode, he got lucio and there was a widow shooting him on the other team. i was telling him "jump! jump constantly or shes gonna loving dome you" and he sternly said "i dont care that much, i dont take this game that seriously" and of course he got his head blown off and he slammed the desk and shouted "seriously?!"

they lost

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You're actually not supposed to jump since it moves your character in a predictable arc. I just move erratically and I almost never get hit

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

You're actually not supposed to jump since it moves your character in a predictable arc. I just move erratically and I almost never get hit

this, talk about some freakin noob movement from bob3

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ugh, i loving hate when casuals pick up the sticks and try to play Overwatch. its not for loving casuals, this poo poo is hardcore skill based no bullshit action.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Quake Live recently and jumping constantly and dying a lot to the 30 people who have been playing Quake III for 5 hours a day since 1999 so maybe jumping isn't always the right choice

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I've been playing Quake Live recently and jumping constantly and dying a lot to the 30 people who have been playing Quake III for 5 hours a day since 1999 so maybe jumping isn't always the right choice

you stay on the floor and move erratically, only jump to move around quickly and get over gaps obviosuly

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i tried gettng into Quake after I read Masters of Doom this year but its just so....outdated. And..... not Overwatch-y enough. If that's even literally a thing.

Seriously, where are the waifus? Where are the trophies/loot crates just for participating? Game is trash for casuals, gently caress Quake.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

this, talk about some freakin noob movement from bob3

i mean you can't be too hard on the guy.. he's a noob after all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i tried gettng into Quake after I read Masters of Doom this year but its just so....outdated. And..... not Overwatch-y enough. If that's even literally a thing.

Seriously, where are the waifus? Where are the trophies/loot crates just for participating? Game is trash for casuals, gently caress Quake.

Ever heard of Mynx, Hunter, Crash, Lucy if that's your flavor, or the many other waifus of Quake?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If the widowmaker has just shot I would say, sometimes jumping is alright since it might throw her off in the bit of time between her shooting and charging the shot again. Usually I would suggest only jumping if someone is a soldier up close or a tracer or someone who wants to be tracking your head, just so they don't hit your head as much and not because it makes you harder to hit necessarily.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's one of those things where someday someone will learn when you are going to jump and where and they're gonna predict it. Like against people in Counterstrike who always jump after they shoot their awp. Well someone's gonna get wise to that eventually and kill you with a headshot in the air and your gonna be sad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda like how if I keep using run up dust as Millia eventually people are going to use blitz shield and get huge counter hits on my unsafe bull crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And in Quake, yea, someone who sees you jumping is going to shoot a rocket under you and then lightning gun or rail you or air rocket you to death every time, as I'm sure you've found out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

And in Quake, yea, someone who sees you jumping is going to shoot a rocket under you and then lightning gun or rail you or air rocket you to death every time, as I'm sure you've found out.

thats a goomba stomp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im seriously thinking of rocket rail combos in my head and getting excited

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should play QL with me then because it happens to me a lot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres another quake goomba stomp, catching someone in the air with the lightning gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like watching people after death because I learn a lot. Like before watching a few last man standing survival epics I didn't realize walking doesn't make a sound and how much the sound clues you into your surroundings, because 90% of the time it's just rockets going off. But when it comes down to the wire that stuff is insanely important

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

You should play QL with me then because it happens to me a lot

i would have 300 ping and it wouldnt feel as good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe when i finally fix my pc ill do insane overseas duels with imp zone players since the handicap will probably even out the games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goomba stomp: typing into all chat the phrases that trigger sound clips like mcfly and then biff says HEY MCFLY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Quake Live voice chat is 100% completely insane in every server I join.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The Quake Live voice chat is 100% completely insane in every server I join.

lol, ive never heard voice chat because everyone here has been playing for so long even when you join a server now every game is played in complete silence except for a few chat binds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother was standing still to shoot like it was CS, i meant move/jump around. also, hes playing against other people in the moron tier who dont know how to aim for jumping characters so it wouldve been good advice either way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i would have 300 ping and it wouldnt feel as good

I'm in a server rn and there's a dude with 60 ping who just joined and immediately 4 people said Ah Australia Mate? or some variation lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even being monstrously lovely at QL makes me feel sad that I've put so many hours into COD and Titanfall lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

my brother was standing still to shoot like it was CS, i meant move/jump around. also, hes playing against other people in the moron tier who dont know how to aim for jumping characters so it wouldve been good advice either way.

It's a bad habit though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I always feel like a total retard when I watch a kill cam and it's like a zarya drilling me down with her laser while I hop repeatedly in a panic.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

net cafe scandal posted:

I always feel like a total retard when I watch a kill cam and it's like a zarya drilling me down with her laser while I hop repeatedly in a panic.

Me whenever I enter a room filled with her's and torbjorn's turrets and I already know I'm hosed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Check out this page of tjhe overwatch meme thread in the Blizzard subforum of this forum https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1382

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=148555

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

Check out this page of tjhe overwatch meme thread in the Blizzard subforum of this forum https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1382

No.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I want an interaction between Tracer and say... i dunno, S76?
S76: Hello, Lena, hows your room mate?
Tracer: Shes not my room mate, mate, shes my lover. Thats right, we bang every night and satisfy each other in ways that no MALE would ever understand.

I lust for nerd tears.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I agree with Six-Of-Hearts on all counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats on reading page 1382 of the Overwatch meme thread.

• Locked thread