Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
What did Mancer’s Rules end up being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Boco_T posted:

What did Mancer’s Rules end up being

a really fun intergender hardcore match. Allie Kat stapled catnip to his tongue and later demolished him with an elbow onto the guardrail.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Missed the show but what did Marko Stunt do that has everybody raving?? Janela tweeted out that he is this years PCO

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

Missed the show but what did Marko Stunt do that has everybody raving?? Janela tweeted out that he is this years PCO

Be a literal nobody and do a bunch of fuckin movez and bumping like crazy while looking like a 12 year old

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

They did an open challenge for KTB and it was essentially mocking the Nicholas thing but obviously Marko was a plant so he started doing a whole bunch of crazy flippy poo poo and everyone went nuts.

In all honesty, he has good charisma and is like a talented version of Cheeseburger.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

KungFu Grip posted:

Be a literal nobody and do a bunch of fuckin movez and bumping like crazy while looking like a 12 year old

This. People like him because he's The Amazing Red but not 40 years old.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy gunn vs marko stunt is the only reason to book either of them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/kenjohnson1028/status/1030995737348321281

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1031134957685694464

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Cool to see that Joey Janela threatening to hurt a kid because his father speaks up against his Nazi friend.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

joey's a mark and Bad Now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrestlecircus refugees take heart

https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/1031334695877922816?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1032434553833574400

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1032058748125163520

https://twitter.com/TheEmilJay/status/1032439062228082693

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'd probably help if you cut back on the day drinking, Emil.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone know what happened between Saive al Sabah and EVOLVE this week? Was granted his release.

These days I just assume if someone leaves EVOLVE they are going to MLW and visa versa.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is great especially since Circus and Inspire helped to make austin start to become a hotbed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heres talent

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1032092979828273152
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1032419019217879040

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still feel bad about not having gone to an Inspire show yet but I'll probably go to this. Wanted to go see PCO/Dalton next weekend but forgot we're going to have house guests so it's sadly a no-go.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I still feel bad about not having gone to an Inspire show yet but I'll probably go to this. Wanted to go see PCO/Dalton next weekend but forgot we're going to have house guests so it's sadly a no-go.

if you hang out on rainey you can get hep and not have to have house guests anymore

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Cool to see that Joey Janela threatening to hurt a kid because his father speaks up against his Nazi friend.

I like Joey in the ring but trash human feels like it isn't a gimmick.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

Does anyone know what happened between Saive al Sabah and EVOLVE this week? Was granted his release.

These days I just assume if someone leaves EVOLVE they are going to MLW and visa versa.

No idea on that, I’m just still trying to figure out why the dude works in like 4 layers of shirts and vests.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

it'd probably help if you cut back on the day drinking, Emil.
CZW is not exactly known for holding high personal standards.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/1032822217808195585?s=21

hell yeah at paco the fly-in

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ugh stop loving booking Rich Swann

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Not as long as his buddy Sami has any say about it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

His wife says people should book Rich Swann, shouldn't her opinion have more weight? Listen to victims, right?

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

That isn't how anything works unless you want an informal 'it's OK to be caught beating your wife as long as she's too scared to demand punishment' policy, but also we could probably stop pretending that anyone would have noticed or any police officer would have cared about a dude dragging his wife back to his car if it wasn't a black dude with a not black wife.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Rich Swann thing is all sorts of hosed up and I wished he'd spent more time away from wrestling because he clearly still doesn't have his poo poo together.

And don't read into Su being afraid or whatever, that's not even remotely the case. She has a pretty extensive support network that would not hesitate to handle Rich roughly if needed.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I'm going to this tonight. Mostly excited for PCO vs Dickinson. Should be a fun show thats on iPPV if anyone's interested

https://twitter.com/BCWwrestling/status/1030642155784757249

quote:

CORTEZ CASTRO vs. KRIS CHAMBERS

SAMANTHA HEIGHTS vs. TAYA VALKYRIE

PIERRE CARL OUELLET w/ DESTRO vs. CHRIS DICKINSON

Ladder Match
DEMARCUS KANE vs. G-RAVER vs. STOCKADE vs. MATTHEW JUSTICE

Crowning the First Blackcraft Tag Team Champions
THE MANE EVENT vs. THE BUTCHER & THE BLADE

SARAYA KNIGHT vs. BRITT BAKER

NO DQ Triple Threat for the Blackcraft Heavyweight Championship
JIMMY HAVOC vs. JOHNNY BLACKCRAFT vs. BRODY KING

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Johnny needs to go to more promotions. Johnny Guerilla. Johnny Progress. Johnny Combat. Johnny Michinoku.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
He just changes his loving name wherever he goes huh?

frankenfreak posted:

Johnny needs to go to more promotions. Johnny Guerilla. Johnny Progress. Johnny Combat. Johnny Michinoku.

Johnny New Japan. Johnny Noah. Johnny Westside. Johnny Stardom.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 24, 2018

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Explosions posted:

That isn't how anything works unless you want an informal 'it's OK to be caught beating your wife as long as she's too scared to demand punishment' policy
I think telling a victim that she must be scared if she isn't demanding punishment is pretty lovely and gaslighting, so.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jack Anderson posted:

He just changes his loving name wherever he goes huh?

Johnny New Japan. Johnny Noah. Johnny Westside. Johnny Stardom.

AAJohnny

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

I think telling a victim that she must be scared if she isn't demanding punishment is pretty lovely and gaslighting, so.

That's not a thing I said, my dude. But you can't have a system where victims decide punishment, or else you get a system where people go free because the abusers (or randos) harassed the victim into just wanting to forget it ever happened. That's not Su Yung, but that's why Su Yung can't make what happened go away.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Isn't the story was that she was wasted and trying to exit their moving car while having an argument and he was trying to drag her out of a street with moving traffic?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TTBF posted:

Isn't the story was that she was wasted and trying to exit their moving car while having an argument and he was trying to drag her out of a street with moving traffic?

When it first came out, Rovert insinuated she had an alcohol problem that had been a major cause of issue in the past.

It was theorized after that she may have been drunk in this particular instance but I don’t know that was ever validated.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

schweens posted:

I'm going to this tonight. Mostly excited for PCO vs Dickinson. Should be a fun show thats on iPPV if anyone's interested

https://twitter.com/BCWwrestling/status/1030642155784757249
Wait gently caress this is in Pittsburgh?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching the live Nova Pro show on Powerbomb right now. Seems kinda rough. Do they have any standout shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Watching the live Nova Pro show on Powerbomb right now. Seems kinda rough. Do they have any standout shows?

Boco_T has reviewed a bunch of shows in this thread.

Boco_T posted:

Powerbomb.tv posted the first two Nova Pro Wrestling shows, so here's my rundown of the cards based on my bad memory. I've been in the front row for every Nova Pro show, and have never watched any video of the shows except some single matches on Youtube, so I can't necessarily comment on the commentary or camerawork.

I'll post a rating if I remember enough to note one, if not it probably means my default rating is "whatever" and you don't have to go out of your way to see that one. If they posted the match for free on Youtube I'll link it as well.

NOVA Pro Wrestling September 25, 2015 "NOVA Project" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)

1. Brandon Greene, Dominic D. & Shorty Smalls vs. BS Tiger, Naranja & Porkchop Jackson - FUN - This is the first appearance of your new favorite indy guy, Brandon "Money" Greene, who has a perfect waxed mustache and does a rich guy gimmick very well. Porkchop Jackson was great and I was bummed they didn't ever book him again.
2. Chet Sterling vs. Prakash Sabar - Prakash is the "X-Pakistani"
3. Beau Crockett vs. Bobby Shields
4. Arik Royal vs. Chase Owens - FUN - Going to see Chase Owens live like a month after I watched every BOSJ match in 2015 was the main reason I wanted to go to this show when I heard about it. I like Chase and Arik has grown into one of my favorites after seeing him every month at Nova.
5. Brandon Day & Jay Steel vs. The Bravado Brothers - Bravados are fun
6. Innocent Isaiah vs. Kacee Carlisle
7. Chucky Wynn & Sidney Porter vs. MIA & The Reason - Chucky Wynn has the Eugene gimmick, so this was bad
8. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Tim Donst - GOOD - Sonjay was supposed to face Ethan Case but Case was injured, so they combined the top two matches into this trios match. It was good, and my first look at "The Champion of the 1%" Logan Easton Laroux. Laroux (Race Jaxon in Chikara) has been the top heel in Nova the entire time and the 1% gimmick is worthy of it. He does a really good job in Nova.

NOVA Pro Wrestling January 31, 2016 "Stay Vicious" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)

1. Smith Garrett vs. Timmy Lou Retton - Timmy Lou Retton is very good, I am a big fan
2. Brandon Greene, Rayo, and Prakash Sabar vs. George Gatton, Dan O'Hare, and Jeff Cannonball - FUN - Next appearance from "Money" Greene. Jeff Cannonball is good too.
3. Brandon Day vs. Bobby Shields
4. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Chet Sterling - GOOD - Watched the Youtube post to refresh my memory, it was solid. I think I can generally recommend watching Logan.
5. Frankie Pickard vs. Arik Royal - Frankie's underrated and they haven't booked him lately, but I don't remember this one being one of the stand-out Royal matches.
6. Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah vs. The Bravado Brothers - FUN - The historic first appearance of the Cutie and the Beast tag team, Beau and Isaiah.
7. Ethan Case vs. Sonjay Dutt - GOOD - The finish to the match launches the first major program in Nova Pro, so it leads in to the main event of the third show that I really liked.

Both shows only run about two hours and they are very good about not making anything in particular overstay its welcome.

Boco_T posted:

Hm, looks like some more shows are going up, I guess I have some more time this evening so here's the next two they added:

NOVA Pro Wrestling March 20, 2016 "Last Exit To Springfield" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)
1. Ethan Alexander Sharpe and Rayo vs Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah - FUN - This one's got "Money" Greene AND The Cutie and the Beast, so it gets a thumbs up from me
2. Bobby Shields vs John Kermon - FUN - MMA vs. pro wrestling match, I'm a fan of this type of match and I thought they did a good enough job with it
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs Maria Manic
4. The Brutes vs Dan O'Hare and Jeff Cannonball
5. Arik Royal vs Tim Donst - This was probably fine, both guys are good.
6. Joe Keyes vs Ken Dixon vs Frankie Pickard vs Smith Garrett - I only remember this because they brought four guys out to do a four way match, for the CWF Mid Atlantic Television Title, and it's like 3 minutes long.
7. Brandon Day vs Matt Tremont - Brandon Day has no charisma, but Tremont is good of course
8. No Holds Barred: Logan Easton Laroux vs Sonjay Dutt - GREAT - This was my favorite Nova Pro match in the first five shows, but it could have been colored by just being a No DQ brawl around the building happening right in front of my face. I remember watching it back on Youtube when they posted it months later and not being as impressed, but I will stand by my original rating.

NOVA Pro Wrestling May 6, 2016 "You Only Move Twice" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)
1. Timmy Lou Retton vs. Frankie Pickard - FUN - This was a nice showcase for Timmy Lou Retton
2. Mecha Mercenary and Aaron Biggs vs. Jeff Cannonball and Dan O'Hare - This is four large guys in the ring and they're all fairly good big guys. This is the first appearance of the Mecha and Biggs team that is now known as "The Sandwich Squad."
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs. Veda Scott - Veda Scott's first appearance, but I don't particularly Amanda being anything special
4. Money Greene and Donnie Dollars vs. Cutie and The Beast - FUN - Once again you have CatB and "Money" Greene and I'm going to recommend that every time.
5. Bobby Shields vs. Cedric Alexander - Don't remember this one, but Cedric rules
6. Reed Bentley vs. Sean Studd - FUN - First Nova appearance of Sean Studd. Reed Bentley is one of my favorites, but the star of this match is the Sean Studd Cheering Section. For some reason every time he has been to Nova Pro there has been a contingent of literally like 20+ people that are LOUD for him and his moves and match, and then they disappear afterwards. Like, they all left after his match and the place was noticeably more empty and quiet for the last two matches.
7. Brandon Day vs. Tim Donst - Day and Donst feud in Nova Pro but I can't really remember any reason to recommend the feud other than the blow-off match on a later show.
8. Sonjay Dutt and John Kermon vs. Logan Easton Laroux and The Reason - Dutt and Laroux, the feud must continue. I think this one was fine, The Reason is not exactly a name guy to be thrown in with the other 3, and the match was billed as "Dutt and Kermon vs. Laroux and Mystery Partner" and that's who it was.