Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the DISRESPECT

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1106751562746159106

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would go into hiding if I made that mistake yikes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

stab posted:

Man im really curious to know.which known feds AREN't running wm weekend

in the NE?

Beyond is pretty much eschewing a physical presence, though I need to bug Drew when I see him on Uncharted Territory 1 to see if he's going to do commentary

they had done the previous 2 years as part of the WWN package, but they were pretty much overshadowed by Wrestlecon and Spring Breaks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Apparently Josh Briggs broke his leg at tonight's EVOLVE show

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1107064459787452417

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nasty

https://twitter.com/Hicks89/status/1107066320296779776

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why did he violently jerk that big ham hock

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Welp I regret watching that :gonk:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Apparently Josh Briggs broke his leg at tonight's EVOLVE show

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1107064459787452417

he managed to limp to the back, but he was in pain after the match finished

hope it isnt serious

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1107073313568890880

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

why did he violently jerk that big ham hock

Based on that I’d assume he dislocated it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jake Something had a real breakout match tonight. He's been great in tags but this was the first time AAW has run with him in a big singles match and he knocked it out of the park.

Also, Armando Alejandro Estrada returned to wrestling to work with Fatu as Umaga 2.0 and it ruled as hard as you would expect.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jake something and curt stallion were always a lot of fun together, i'll have to check it out.

btw i love curt stallion a lot for a guy who will never ever be a big deal because he's a twig man and he doesn't do comedy stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1107086308231577600

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

shiksa posted:

jake something and curt stallion were always a lot of fun together, i'll have to check it out.

btw i love curt stallion a lot for a guy who will never ever be a big deal because he's a twig man and he doesn't do comedy stuff.

I LIKE TO HUUUUUUUUUUUUNT

I LIKE TO FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH

CURT STALLION'S GOT A TINY rear end DICK

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's my best guess, he dislocated it or couldn't move it on its own.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

You win the prize

https://twitter.com/TheJoshBriggs/status/1107181934185234433

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This week's MLW Fusion has a nice middle. The CONTRA Unit aftermath was ridiculous with fireballs and the crowd throwing trash. It felt like the first real emotion on an episode of that show. Hopefully they find a way to capitalize on it because it was really something dynamic worth seeing.

Other than that, a bit of a snoozer. Teddy Hart stinks.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Now that NOVA Pro is dead I’m all about UCW

quote:

UCW comes to Annandale Va to the Sports Center!
Saturday April 13 2019 Doors open at 5pm and bell time is 6pm.
The Main event will set Northern Virginia on fire as the UCW Television Champion Mr. Second to None Dejuan O'Neal defends against The Greek God Deimos
Jason Radatz takes on Anthony Atom!
The monster Tremor takes on Ethan Cross!
Vic Ramon takes on Joe King!
The UCW Tag team title future will be decided as well with Cheap Thrills, what will happen? Find out LIVE!
The UCW ladies Champion Avery Rose will defend her belt! '
Aslo on the Card Jimmy Flame, The Atomic Dog Pork Chop Johnson! A Battle Royal and much more!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The Atomic Dog Pork Chop Johnson

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The Atomic Dog Pork Chop Johnson

e. Hahahaha

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I think that might be two guys but I can confirm that Pork Chop Johnson rules. He wrestled in the first ever NOVA Pro match and I liked him, he never got booked again, and somehow returned to wrestle for no payday on the tryout show last weekend.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

drat, Aslo's on the card?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
at mucha lucha atlanta

slight twist on the usual pre-match simon says game hosted by the lucha clown, as he asked for adults to participate instead of kids

will report on if rush and dragon lee become my friends (early estimates point towards this being a strong possibility)

e: so no lucha bros, but we are getting rush vs dragon lee vs austin theory

e2: strong pro-suicide crowd here in Atlanta

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 18, 2019

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
we have had 3 matches and the cage is already getting set up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyeQ-5RY2U

Hart Foundation defend the tag titles against MJF and Richard Holliday
Puma King vs Hijo de LA Park
Mance Warner joins Cornette and Rich Bocchini on commentary

And the highlight is Contra's Josef Samael and Jacob Fatu squashing a local jobber team and nearly causing a riot with fans tossing water bottles and trash into the ring

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i am so happy knowing the atomic dog porkchop johnson exists

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyeQ-5RY2U

Hart Foundation defend the tag titles against MJF and Richard Holliday
Puma King vs Hijo de LA Park
Mance Warner joins Cornette and Rich Bocchini on commentary

And the highlight is Contra's Josef Samael and Jacob Fatu squashing a local jobber team and nearly causing a riot with fans tossing water bottles and trash into the ring

Puma King stinks, right?

I've seen all of his MLW matches and a few matches elsewhere and he's never looked good to me. I get why Ryan Satin had no idea who the hell he was during BOLA last year.

The Samael & Fatu bit was the highlight of the show for sure. I hope MLW can capitalize on those two (and Gotch) and let them do some old school heeling to get the crowds responding that way on the regular. Fusion is often pretty boring (though typically has technically okay-to-good matches) and this was something they've never had before.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

puma king is decent.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

LobsterMobster posted:

e: so no lucha bros, but we are getting rush vs dragon lee vs austin theory

oof, that's the first big MLA no-show, isn't it? feel like they've always had a surprisingly good track record, other than all the singles matches turning into triple threats or tags

what is with that, btw? is it cheaper for the promoter overall? it makes sense to me when it's like park vs rush or something and a hot feud and something you want to sell to another promotion, but i didn't think dragon lee vs rush was at that point. is it more just that more people = less active time per wrestler = easier match to wrestle?

(would love to know how that match ended up being, i have a begrudging respect for austin theory and he's one of the dudes i've seen the most live. i know he's atlanta native given the billing but was this his first match in MLA? or is he somehow champion or some poo poo)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

austin was mla global champ going into tonight. he's been at mla quite a bit

he relinquished it in order to get put into the main event

so we had daga vs a returning joey lynch (aka the jesus of mla) for the vacant global title

the main was good, but like maybe 10 minutes long. rush ended up basically staring as dragon lee pinned austin

i left right after since any upcoming matchmaking would be lost on my non-spanish understanding ears

e: i know jeff cobb missed a show a year or 2 back, but that was because he got injured like the day before at a The Crash show, I think

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 18, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Puma king rules losers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't know why but for some reason nobody in MLW ever looks as good as they do anywhere else. Even proven top-line talent like the Lucha Bros only manage to have "okay" matches there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it’s the mlw stink

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Benne posted:

I don't know why but for some reason nobody in MLW ever looks as good as they do anywhere else. Even proven top-line talent like the Lucha Bros only manage to have "okay" matches there.
At least part of it is time constraints. For live specials, everyone is trying to hit time cues, and at regular tapings, if they're not doing that, the matches are being editing down a good bit.

But there's also something fun about seeing the modern indie guys do "TV matches."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lego found out about the ISW match lmao

https://twitter.com/ISDub/status/1107663930078441472

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Time to get that lucrative Mega Bloks contract

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't @ the lego people on this bullshit, as per ISW's DM to me. The same legal firm went after them over a t-shirt design a while back. ISW just wants this event to go off and be successful. Please support ISW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did Highspots and Powerslam TV merge? My Highspots log-in works on Powerslam.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1107779869973381120

the wcw-rear end cover of jane in the announcement video owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Highspots and Powerslam TV merge? My Highspots log-in works on Powerslam.
Does it work on any other PivotShare sites, even if it doesn't unlock the video?