Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«97 »
Better
John Zandig
DJ Hyde
View Results
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

RealFoxy posted:

Irish Airborne are one of the weirdest success stories for me because I would always see them in no name indies in WV all the time. It'd be like if Facade or Jason Kincaid became king of the indies.

Well don't look now, but Kincaid has also been on the come-up over the last few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Band-aids don't fix arrow wounds

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well don't look now, but Kincaid has also been on the come-up over the last few months
Until he puts on a 4* match in PWG or NJPW he's nothing

Mob
May 6, 2002

I wanted to change my avatar but I didn't have a good title so I wanted to say suck it hot dogs are sandwiches

Grozz Nuy posted:

and he's young (and small) enough that WWE probably won't come sniffing around him any time soon.

Hmm

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

It's going to happen this year; it's what we're going to do. We're going to win the NL Central.

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Irish Airborne are one of the weirdest success stories for me because I would always see them in no name indies in WV all the time. It'd be like if Facade or Jason Kincaid became king of the indies.

When I started going to AAW shows after going to ROH shows in the early 00s I didn't recognize them, and then Jake was wearing a set of Irish Airborne gear for a match or something and my mind was blown.

Speaking of, AAW announced another show for the night before BOLA starts

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

bola killer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yahallo

bola killer is october, i propose the yearly pre-bola show be referred to as Bola Night Heat or The Light Skirmish of Chicago

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 25, 2004
Heretic, please.

abraham linksys posted:

It's run in a rec center gymnasium way the gently caress out in Queens so I guess they let Gabe pick the venue

this venue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tn-zWjxNrs

Wait is it farther than House of Glory's current venue? I keep wanting to go to their shows but loving Jamaica is too far out; I think this one's at least off the 7 line.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Wait is it farther than House of Glory's current venue? I keep wanting to go to their shows but loving Jamaica is too far out; I think this one's at least off the 7 line.

It's not as far as the NYC Arena in Jamaica, which is their main one, I think? But I think HoG is now running this place too.

This one's off the 7 just before Citi Field: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...rCVQQ_BIIggEwDg

I live in East Williamsburg so I'd probably just cab it (like I do to La Boom for EVOLVE), but yeah, still pretty far out.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

3 rows of PROGRESS reserved seating went instantly, jump on the GA right now if you're going

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1494480

Row 2 still available for EVOLVE:

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1494517

I got 2nd row seats for PROGRESS but will probably get GA for EVOLVE

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

I know nobody watched EVOLVE tonight but it was real good! watch it to see the big hard cam FloSlam sign fall down on a row of people

I'm a bit late for commenting on it, but I was there (and just in front of the guys who had the sign fall on them!) and had an absolute blast at the show. First Evolve show I've seen. Yehi and Lee were great, as stated. O'Reilly and Tracey Williams had negative heat, which sucked for them. It was a good match with a lot of grappling and very little high-flying, but the crowd had almost no interest in seeing it. Riddle vs Cobb seemed crazy short, which I was bummed by.

Dijak and Page had a really entertaining match, too, mostly comedy. Dijak and Page took a dude's phone and took turns tweeting about themselves, vanity searching, etc. 'til Page put the phone in his trunks. Page gave it back to the guy, who then proceeded to lick the phone which got a "you sick gently caress" chant.

Austin Theory is entertaining, but he needs to stop wearing trunks that say "UNPROVEN" on them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If he were called "Austin Law" that... would be a much less goony name.

Dude looks like Baron Corbin turned back 15 years and given 3x the gas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hit the drums, so pay up

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/s...559991825256449

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I mean I'd hope it's a non-tourney match considering neither guy is a Jr.Heavyweight, but that could be really good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tomohiro ishii is like 5 foot 2 inches and 200 lbs he is a jr heavyweight

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...

Anyone below 6'5 350 is a junior heavyweight.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

madam, your hydraulic pressure is atrocious!

Bigass Moth posted:

Anyone below 6'5 350 is a junior heavyweight.

When's the hoss tournament taking place again?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"Why yes, this is a tie with dollar signs on it.

Jealous?"

Austin "Hybrid" Theory

«97 »