Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“EugeneJ”" post="“477180840”"]
Thank you Court Bauer for allowing old wrestlemen to scream at me through podcasts

You are a poo poo promoter - stick to the podcasts
[/quote]

Especially when I can hear Bruce do his Vince voice shilling for mortgage payments. Like unironically that is awesome, along with Bruce's podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 9, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lizmark jr and super calo when

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: my bad, already posted

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
when did Petey unretire

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bard Maddox posted:

when did Petey unretire

Right before Jeff Jarrett left TNA when Jeff presumably promised him a big push

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Much Lucha Atlanta put on another good show. Rush won the title in a triple threat with then-champ Mecha Wolf (boooooo!) and Caristico. He kicked the ref in the ribs to break up a pin, hit a pile driver on Wolf and countered Caristico's springboard attempt with a dick kick. I have to say, it seems like this guy is difficult to govern.

Rey Horus and AR Fox had a rad match. Fox tried to start a Donald Trump chant, which the predominantly Hispanic crowd shouted down.

Jeff Cobb did Jeff Cobb things.

It was fun times. MLA rules.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Are there any shows currently available on Powerbomb.tv that are a "Must Watch"? Thinking of subbing tonight and watching an event or two.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They just added On Point Wrestling's Survival of the Sickest which is a pretty fun deathmatch show. If you like deathmatches.

other stuff:
Black Label Pro
Caralucha(real deal mexican lucha with actual production values, WHAT IS THIS MADNESS)
Dynamite Cup (that Tom Green guy in the twitter thread did a show for his kid, some of the matches on it reviewed well)
Battlewar (the continuing adventures of Giant Tiger after he got sober)

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012
So, apparently Progress' streaming service now has some stuff from other promotions like AAW and Smash. For anyone in the know, what is worth checking out?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/917571240050806785

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/917303854504534016

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao Gabe is a loving dingus.

Also, I'm sooo glad I didn't get tickets for the Canuck Pro show in November

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RPW and OTT joined forces as well for the pivot share stuff

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Never show a finish to a match.
reasonable

-No botches of any kind from moves to equipment.
silly. ruins half the fun of wrestling gifs

-Never show a clip that might embarrass a fan.
very reasonable, harassing fans is lame

-Limit GIFs to 3 or under per match.
is gabe paying someone to count gifs?

-GIFs must be under 15 seconds.
is gabe paying someone to time gifs?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

reasonable

I'm sure green lantern fan would time them

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

reasonable

Gabe doesn't exactly understand the concept of Fair Use does he?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

J-Ru, I ask that we ban all discussion of EVOLVE from our forums beyond 3 posts per thread, in order to be in accordance with the new policies of EVOLVE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

second

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so nothing new

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This is gonna streisand effect so goddamn hard

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

please refrain from any posts that might embarrass gabe

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

listen, when our cheapass ring breaks three different ways in a single show and ends someone's career we don't want that getting out, fairs fair

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 10, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

please refrain from any posts that might embarrass gabe

So no retweets of bookitgabe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

listen, when our cheapass ring breaks three different ways in a single show and ends someone's career we don't want that getting out, fairs fair
Are we slamming Evolve or PWG

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

whos career did the pwg ring end

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

*sends out like three emails last week about Evolve dying this Friday for an angle*

days pass....

*HERE'S OUR WRESTLEMANIA SCHEDULE WITH MULTIPLE EVOLVE SHOWS*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thefakenews posted:

So, apparently Progress' streaming service now has some stuff from other promotions like AAW and Smash. For anyone in the know, what is worth checking out?

I dunno how far back the AAW VODs go but there might be some Seth Rollins/Kevin Owens/Jimmy Jacobs etc. curiosities in the archives

here are their 20 best shows since their super-indie era started in 2016

AAW Windy City Classic XI - Tommaso Ciampa vs. Fenix, Chris Hero vs. Pentagon, Eddie Kingston vs. Ethan Page vs. Trevor Lee
AAW The Art Of War 2016 - Trevor Lee vs. Joey Janela, Hero/Drew Gulak vs. Johnny Gargano/Ciampa, Sami Callihan vs. Eddie Kingston
AAW Homecoming 2016 - Mat Fitchett vs. Gulak, Kongo Kong vs. Moose, Callihan vs. Ricochet
AAW Epic 2016: 12 Year Anniversary - Gargano vs. Andrew Everett, Silas Young vs. Timothy Thatcher, Hero vs. Trevor Lee, Ciampa vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
AAW Killers Among Us 2016 - Ciampa vs. Josh Alexander, Silas vs. Gulak, Hero vs. Drago, ZSJ vs. Gargano
AAW United We Stand 2016 - Josh Alexander vs. Silas, ZSJ vs. Cedric Alexander, Fenix vs. Marty Scurll, Gargano/Ciampa vs. Everett/Trevor Lee, Pentagon vs. Callihan
AAW Cero Miedo - Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander, ZSJ vs. Silas, Fenix vs. Callihan, Hero vs. Drew Galloway, Pentagon vs. Ciampa
AAW Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament 2016 - Fenix vs. AR Fox, Hero vs. Kongo Kong, Pentagon vs. Callihan
AAW JLMT Night 2 - Hero vs. Fitchett, Mustafa Ali vs. Fenix, Hero vs. Ali, ZSJ vs. ACH, Callihan/Jake Crist vs. Fenix/Pentagon, Hero vs. ZSJ
AAW Never Say Die 2016 - Kongo Kong vs. Jeff Cobb, Matt Hardy/Brother Hero vs. Everett/Trevor Lee, ZSJ vs. Ali
AAW Windy City Classic XII - ACH vs. Ali, ZSJ vs. Beretta, Callihan vs. Hero
AAW Don't Stop Believing - AR Fox vs. Dezmond Xavier vs. DJZ vs. Moose, Callihan vs. Candice LeRae, Galloway vs. Silas, ACH/Fenix vs. Brian Cage/Elgin
AAW End Of Innocence 2017 - DJZ vs. Leo Kruger, Xavier/Zachary Wentz vs. Dave/Jake Crist, Pentagon vs. AR Fox, Callihan vs. Kongo
AAW Art of War 2017 - Chuck Taylor/Beretta vs. Davey Vega/Fitchett, Low Ki vs. El Hijo del Fantasma, Cage/Elgin vs. Xavier/Wentz, ACH/AR Fox/Fenix vs. Callihan/Dave/Jake Crist
AAW Homecoming 2017 - Dave/Jake Crist vs. Taylor/Beretta, Galloway vs. DJZ, AR Fox vs. Shane Strickland, Fenix vs. Trevor Lee, Pentagon vs. ACH, ZSJ vs. Kyle O'Reilly, Callihan vs. Low Ki
AAW Take No Prisoners 2017 - Colt Cabana vs. Ethan Page, Elgin vs. ZSJ (best match in Chicago since Cena/Punk), Pentagon vs. Keith Lee, AR Fox/Fenix vs. Jake Crist/Callihan
AAW Thursday Night Special - Jake Crist vs. Janela vs. Laredo Kid vs. Myron Reed, Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak, Elgin vs. Jack Swagger lol, AR Fox/Fenix vs. Lio Rush/Strickland, Callihan vs. Juventud Guerrera
AAW United We Stand 2017 - Samantha Heights vs. Scarlett Bordeaux, PACO/Stephen Wolf/Trey Miguel vs. Curt Stallion/Danny Adams/Jake Something, ACH vs. Myron Reed, Pentagon/Strickland vs. Garza Jr./Trevor Lee, Riddle vs. Fitchett, Callihan vs. Keith Lee
AAW Jawbreaker 2017 - Ivelisse vs. Samantha Heights, Keith Lee vs. Bob Holly, AR Fox/Fenix/Juventud vs. Jake Crist/Jason Cade/Callihan
AAW Defining Moment - Vega/Fitchett/ACH vs. Bill Carr/Dan Barry/Colt, Riddle vs. Strickland, Keith Lee vs. AR Fox vs. Trevor Lee, Cody Rhodes vs. DJZ, Fenix vs. Callihan

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 10, 2017

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

it really is crazy how Gabe came out of the floslam debacle with goodwill on his side and immediately torpedoed it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

it really is crazy how Gabe came out of the floslam debacle with goodwill on his side and immediately torpedoed it

in what world did he come out with goodwill on his side

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
For some reason I have a feeling the reason Gabe's numbers were so high were because he was constantly counting people illegally streaming his iPPVs while trying to simultaneously shut them down. Didn't Gabe have some "hit" out to have his drones find the illegal streams and report them to him in exchange for like, a free DVD or something?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

in what world did he come out with goodwill on his side

i was on his side pre-memo meltdown and calling podcasters threatening to fire wrestlers at random

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

For some reason I have a feeling the reason Gabe's numbers were so high were because he was constantly counting people illegally streaming his iPPVs while trying to simultaneously shut them down. Didn't Gabe have some "hit" out to have his drones find the illegal streams and report them to him in exchange for like, a free DVD or something?

he had that report piracy feature dating back to DGUSA but I've never heard anyone either reporting or getting anything in return.

his reported numbers were high because they were probably fake, or took a mania weekend number and extrapolated it to a whole year. the whole ott/streaming market is a lot smaller than they let on. after wwe network's 1.3m+ and njpw world's 10k in the west, the numbers, as it has been told to me, are much much lower. like some of these services are dealing in hundreds. i can't see how wwn got 5k considering their attendance/other service's numbers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My guess is they knew the numbers were BS from the beginning but kept it in their pocket in case the service failed and they needed out of the contract.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tommy Dreamer says he's got a contract with Twitch to produce a weekly show from House of Hardcore footage. He says the November 18 show will be live on Twitch.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tommy Dreamer says he's got a contract with Twitch to produce a weekly show from House of Hardcore footage. He says the November 18 show will be live on Twitch.

this will end up with Dreamer being a mukbang superstar

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/917891998706782208

There's just something comical about Gabe's breakdowns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

My guess is they knew the numbers were BS from the beginning but kept it in their pocket in case the service failed and they needed out of the contract.

pretty much, WWN's CDN capped at 1k users and wasn't scalable. In order to get around that, they were going to have to throw around some serious cash to get into spec but Flo Slam came along. I believe the numbers WWN said they were doing were 2-3k. If Flo accepted those numbers at face value, they might be dumber than Dixie Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RealFoxy posted:

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/917891998706782208

There's just something comical about Gabe's breakdowns

For someone who claims to have outgrown indie wrestling promoter drama, he engages in it more than anyone else on Earth.