Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given how crazy I think they are...has anyone booked Gage vs PCO yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Nova Pro has them booked in June.

The funny thing is that outside of his death match stuff, Gage works pretty light. His worked punches actually kind of stink. I’ve seen him live a bunch this year, and he it’s like he takes care of his opponent until the plunder comes out. Then all bets are off.

PCO works way more stiff in general, with hard chops and clubbering forearms.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

I have good news for you https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/995259344160788482?s=20

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Big Bidness posted:

Nova Pro has them booked in June.

The funny thing is that outside of his death match stuff, Gage works pretty light. His worked punches actually kind of stink. I’ve seen him live a bunch this year, and he it’s like he takes care of his opponent until the plunder comes out. Then all bets are off.

PCO works way more stiff in general, with hard chops and clubbering forearms.

He does a ton of brawling through the crowd at AIW shows but now that you mention it, none of its especially stiff unless he pulls a table out. The big dangerous spots have all been Matt Justice climbing and then diving off a wall or something.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Saw this and said "Is he against Nick Gage or PCO?" Nick Gage it is!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't know what the gently caress PCO has been doing the last 20 years but the last thing I expected in 2018 was to be absolutely terrified of him.

steroids

lots and lots of steroids

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's just elk meat

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Speaking of NICK loving GAGE, is anyone going to King of the Deathmatch this weekend? I'll be there, but I don't know if I'll do both days. Does anyone know if I can bring my camera?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm mad that Amazing Maria isn't the Maria Maria that was running around SHINE for a hot minute.

KOTDM shows are just about the only things IWA-MS gets right so they're always worth going live. Just don't pay extra for the DVDs because you'll never see them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Saw this and said "Is he against Nick Gage or PCO?" Nick Gage it is!

WALTER crossed my mind.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
indie wrestling is amazing. anyone can have a career resurgence with the right match at the right time, and putting the work in to build yourself up

it's a very democratic thing and I love it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I hope ROH cough up the cash and simply stick their finger out of their rear end and fill out some VISA forms

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/996759098065653760

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
EVOLVE + PROGRESS released their venues for the August tour. They're running in the suburbs everywhere except for NYC, where they're technically running Brooklyn... in part that is basically inaccessible by public transit (there is one bus that I'm sure is incredibly unreliable, like all NYC busses). I'm pretty loving bummed about it :(

quote:

May 14th: Here's the details on the PROGRESS/EVOLVE tour for August, including ticket info and on sale dates:

PROGRESS and EVOLVE have formed a great partnership over Wrestlemania week the past two years with events at the WWNLive Experience. Now the relationship will go next level when PROGRESS and EVOLVE tour the United States together!

EVOLVE will present events at 4pm and PROGRESS at 8pm on the following dates:

Saturday, August 4th
PacPlex
1500 Paerdegat Ave North
Brooklyn, New York 11236

Sunday, August 5th
Melrose Memorial Hall
590 Main Street
Melrose, MA 02176

Saturday, August 11th
Cicero Stadium
Clyde Park District
1909 S. Laramie Avenue
Cicero, IL 60804

Sunday, August 12th
Monaghan Knights Of Columbus Hall
19801 Farmington Rd.
Livonia, MI 48152

EVOLVE and PROGRESS will be separate tickets on all these dates. Tickets for both August 4th and August 5th will go on sale on Monday, May 21st at noon EDT at TicketFly.com.

Tickets for EVOLVE and PROGRESS on August 11th will go on sale exclusively first to fans at EVOLVE 104 this Saturday in Summit, IL.

Tickets for EVOLVE and PROGRESS on August 12th will go on sale exclusively first to fans at EVOLVE 105 this Sunday in Livonia, MI.

Be at these events to experience a tremendous night of action and get first shot at the best seats!

Tickets for August 11th and 12th will then go on sale to the general public on Monday, May 21st at noon EDT at TicketFly.com.

Ticket prices for EVOLVE will be the standard ticket prices in those markets for past EVOLVE events. Tickets prices for PROGRESS will be:

1st row reserved: $75
2nd & 3rd row reserved: $50
4th row reserved and back: $40
General admission: $30

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 16, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

I hope ROH cough up the cash and simply stick their finger out of their rear end and fill out some VISA forms

Sorry Sinclair is getting really mad at Chris ciliazza for that to happen

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

abraham linksys posted:

EVOLVE + PROGRESS released their venues for the August tour. They're running in the suburbs everywhere except for NYC, where they're technically running Brooklyn... in part that is basically inaccessible by public transit (there is one bus that I'm sure is incredibly unreliable, like all NYC busses). I'm pretty loving bummed about it :(

What the parking situation like at the Brooklyn location?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

I mean, Cicero isn't really the suburbs. The El still goes there. I've driven by that place a ton and the only thing I've ever seen it hype is roller derby, though?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

TV Zombie posted:

What the parking situation like at the Brooklyn location?

looks like a dedicated lot on street view, but no idea how much space it has

also i don't know a single nyc fan with a car so no carpool is happening i guess

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 16, 2018

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
It’s so out of the way for nyc it’s not even cab-able for most places in NYC. I really hope it’s not the WWN venue for WM weekend.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

rovert posted:

their match against the Bucks at ROH Toronto last Friday was the highlight of the show for me, I love those dudes and hope they get to work in the States some more

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I remember uno had that match in PWG against Speedball like a year ago after not being there a while and then disappeared. I assumed it was another speedball thing. So what I'm saying is dragon book the SSB again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/996897477621112832

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, Bryan had a decent dropkick back in the day!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Hey, Bryan had a decent dropkick back in the day!

Is it better than two mediocre ones combined? I hope so for his sake.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do genuinely wonder what would have happened if the Bucks or Kenny and Kota had offered to work Bryan and Tom.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

actually speaking of SSB can someone explain to me when Uno turned heel and became "Evil Uno"? Last I remember he had nintendo stuff on his singlet, now he wears all black and lets his boobs hang out but idk if there was some storyline around this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How long ago was that Bryan picture taken

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Probably when he had his matches with Larry Sweeney.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

player uno used to be in a playgroup with me and a couple other goons when 1 vs 100 was active on xbox live, i think smashpro1 and nyratk1 (rip) were a part of it. this was in about 2009/2010 but apparently he was trying to make a show in detroit, and got a warning and denied at the border, and has basically been playing it safe since then as he doesnt wanna face a ban should he ever have gotten a steady gig with either wwe or tna (at the time).

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Thanks interesting

He talked about it for like 30 seconds on today's episode of Colts podcast too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Low Desert Punk posted:

indie wrestling is amazing. anyone can have a career resurgence with the right match at the right time, and putting the work in to build yourself up

it's a very democratic thing and I love it

Thank you Joey Janela’s

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

I remember uno had that match in PWG against Speedball like a year ago after not being there a while and then disappeared. I assumed it was another speedball thing. So what I'm saying is dragon book the SSB again.

uno could only get booked in the states again for a period of a couple months (he actually had 3 pwg matches in that time, iirc the other two were mark andrews and hero?) and stu was still froze out at the time. one of the bucks (i think it was nick?) was tweeting after their match that they've been trying to convince the roh office to get them a us visa for a while

it would be extremely rad for the pwg tag division to have them back considering how many fresh matchups there are for them these days. would love to see them vs. the rascalz or bandido/flamita

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:psyduck:
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/997280793406922752

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yikes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Keith Lee is gonna get his rear end kicked.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Matter of Pride Wrestling just easily earned "Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic" by booking Shlak

holy poo poo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Chris James 2 posted:

A Matter of Pride Wrestling just easily earned "Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic" by booking Shlak

holy poo poo

is that the skinhead wrestler?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

holy poo poo

If Maria Manic is on that show, I imagine that's why he's booked as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/992744345177554945

You're alright, Zack.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

holy poo poo

we're in a year with the greatest royal rumble and that one indie promoter who faked a suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Watching the OWE show and I now fully believe every promotion should hold a live funeral whenever their ace loses a match