Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Watching the OWE show and I now fully believe every promotion should hold a live funeral whenever their ace loses a match

they cut out most of this ceremony

sad music plays while a-ben writhes on the mat and they project a field of stars on the ring for several minutes

all the owe guys who lost to japanese and american wrestlers come out and their coach(???) screams words of disappointment and motivation at them

then he chops them, and they all take turns chopping him but he sells it like hes actually dying and it takes multiple people to hold him up from the power of their chops of respect

*then* the entire locker room comes out so the chinese akb48 affiliate sings amazing grace over slow motion clips of them training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

sad music plays while a-ben writhes on the mat and they project a field of stars on the ring for several minutes

all the owe guys who lost to japanese and american wrestlers come out and their coach(???) screams words of disappointment and motivation at them

then he chops them, and they all take turns chopping him but he sells it like hes actually dying and it takes multiple people to hold him up from the power of their chops of respect

*then* the entire locker room comes out so the chinese akb48 affiliate sings amazing grace over slow motion clips of them training

:five:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

oatgan posted:

:perfect:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

holy poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it’s absolutely the segment of the year it’s spectacular

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

Where can I see this weird thing?

Watched a couple of the MLW Fusion shows on Youtube today and they're alright so far. Rich is so much more tolerable as a commentator here than in Wrestle Circus, so I'm assuming him coming across so annoying to me in WC is due to him trying to fill the role of one-man commentary booth. It's kind of fun hearing Schiavone again, too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

heres the original broadcast (minus the main event)

https://v.qq.com/x/page/p0542pjaak5.html

if you just want to see the agony and ecstasy of A-Ben skip ahead to 2 hrs 43 min

im not gonna say the whole show is worth watching because the wrestling is all very bad but everything around the wrestling is interesting

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

Where can I see this weird thing?.

skip to 1:07:20

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262985467

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is loving amazing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

heres the original broadcast (minus the main event)

https://v.qq.com/x/page/p0542pjaak5.html

if you just want to see the agony and ecstasy of A-Ben skip ahead to 2 hrs 43 min

im not gonna say the whole show is worth watching because the wrestling is all very bad but everything around the wrestling is interesting

This is loving nutty. Thanks!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

friday

Friday, May 25, 2018
Logan Sqaure Auditorium
2539 N Kedzie
Chicago, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors open 6:30pm
All Ages Event

Front Row - $60
Front Row Stage - $50
Second Row - $40
Second Row Stage - $40
Third Row - $40
Third Row Stage - $30
Fourth Row - $30
Standing Room Only - $30
Tickets on sale at aawpro.ticketleap.com and Reckless Records in Wicker Park

$10 off with coupon code AAWTNP only through tomorrow. Sounds like slow sales, probably because there have been a dozen shows in Chicago this month.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I really wish I hadn't bought tickets before the coupon code went out. Could have saved $20.

I wonder if the holiday weekend combined with the Friday show is slowing sales. Also their champ isn't around and the last time they ran Logan, Mike Elgin showed up to really piss off a crowd.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I like that ACH is wearing the AAW belt when he enters at BOSJ.

But the timing isn't great for the show. I'm staying in town but I'll need to bolt right when it ends so I can go to the next phase of the weekend.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
How is Darby Allin not at All In?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Dave, WWE already approached everyone with a contract at MLW offering tryouts and a look-in, because of MLW's TV deal spooking them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wish Danjel Bryan would have gone all in back in april in stead of signing a new contract with WWE.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

I wish Danjel Bryan would have gone all in back in april in stead of signing a new contract with WWE.

he hasnt re-signed yet i believe.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if so, expect Danjel Bryan to perform at All-In.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

if so, expect Danjel Bryan to perform at All-In.

vs CM Punk and they're both wearing their favorite version of Kane's mask.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Dave, WWE already approached everyone with a contract at MLW offering tryouts and a look-in, because of MLW's TV deal spooking them

...is this not contract tampering

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d imagine whether or not that’s tampering would depend on the language in MLW’s contracts.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Uh oh, I wonder what's going on

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/999659307946921984

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The pig has creative control and wants central AC

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Evil Uno wants to face The Carnies

fly them in, stab

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/999659994613211136

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think PWG should put the belt on Trevor Lee to put a stop to the belt carousel they seem to have going on right now, since he's a known quantity who can make most shows and isn't going anywhere. I feel like WALTER's first priority is probably WXW and Keith Lee seems bound for WWE.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 24, 2018

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Stab, I'm going to Montreal at the end of August anything going on?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mob posted:

Evil Uno wants to face The Carnies

fly them in, stab

Pay for their visa and its a deal whoever the carnies are

I actually hung out with uno at isw last saturday

Dude is really really motivated to get the USA ball rolling. Just needs a visa sponsor for him and Stu/Dos whatever his name is on the indies lol

stab fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 24, 2018

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Stab, I'm going to Montreal at the end of August anything going on?

IWS usually runs the last weekend of every month.

Ill know more this saturday whats the august date and ill let you know

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just realized that tomorrow is PWG day and WALTER is going to straight murder Sammy.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OTT put Ospreay/Riddle up for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-1AcF60mM

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/999681709011623936

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
progress at la boom is gonna sell out REAL quick, eesh. glad they're running somewhere actually accessible with functioning AC, but that holds maybe 1/3 of the tickets the elmcor center did

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if Elks Lodge wasn't available or just inferior compared to Laboom.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PROGRESS's initial US dates have sold really poorly. 2018 New Japan in US like.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

PROGRESS's initial US dates have sold really poorly. 2018 New Japan in US like.

huh. they sold the gently caress out of elmcor center but nyc is a hot as hell market i guess. i thought their boston date last year went pretty quick, too?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

seeing something for the 1st or 2nd time is much more exciting than seeing it for the 3rd or 4th time

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

seeing something for the 1st or 2nd time is much more exciting than seeing it for the 3rd or 4th time

DGUSA.txt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

The Wrestlemania shows this year were pretty lacklustre and they didn't provide an authentic PROGRESS experience too.

I genuinely hope every PROGRESS date will sellout but the initial signs indicate sales will be soft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

This match is loving amazing, everybody go watch it