Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HOLY loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

Too bad the commentator flubbed earlier and gave it away. Still very cool, though!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

Teddy does some cool poo poo but you’re gonna get a lot of botches too

Oh, for sure. I'm just fresh off his MLW match with Hennigan which wasn't TOO botchy and didn't know if he'd finessed his style at all. Good to know he's staying true to himself!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That Air Sabu was so loving sad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1030590269085949954

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I just tuned in to catch Lost in NY's intermission and... well this is a thing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

These video packages are all so god drat good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This intermission is one of the best things I've ever seen.

Oh god Bill Cosby

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm really happy Marko Stunt was booked. Absolute stand out of SCI weekend.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hope Jimmy Lloyd calls out the Invisible Man after his bullshit elimination at the Clusterfuck.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: at Nic Gage on commentary

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Riddle is going to be showing up at NXT in a cast... :allears:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Since Janela's going after veterans...is it possible to get Funk on the next show?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus Christ that moonsault was terrifying

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I think the chest murder fight with WALTER was better, but I still appreciated that match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Roque11 posted:

"The MLW/Shane Strickland situation is in a unique state right now. Strickland signed a two-year deal with MLW in June and the company was planning on building around him as their champion and signature star. WWE has shown interest in him. That sounds like a contradiction, and as of right now, everything that would explain the situation is likely not to be addressed until November."

From the newest Observer.

Its looks to me like Court is preparing to come after WWE with a contract tampering suit. Good for him.

who started giving roque real scoops

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Marko vs KTB was the best match on that show which is cool because it was a surprise and I was real impressed by Marko.

also dickinson just whipping Teddy's rear end at the start of the match and the gross apron bumps teddy was doing in response owned

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

Marko vs KTB was the best match on that show which is cool because it was a surprise and I was real impressed by Marko.

also dickinson just whipping Teddy's rear end at the start of the match and the gross apron bumps teddy was doing in response owned

I think I agree on all of this. Marko was loving fun as all hell. I liked the first half of the show better than the second but the whole thing was fun overall. The first half just had all of the neat surprises like Marko, Sandman, and Sabu (even though that match was kind of sad).

Really, though, it might have been the most cohesive and well-run indie "super show" that I've seen recently? It didn't go too long, there wasn't a lot of awkward downtime in between matches, plus the production value was pretty drat good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Plus that intermission :swoon:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i felt like that ladder match went too long. also gently caress eli for spitting at people in the crowd

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i had fun at the show but it wasn't very good and the ladder match was a lovely nightmare i was done with about 1/4 of the way in. just the worst loving spot fest, that match had five guys i didnt know the name of and i came out not learning or caring about any of them even though they all did a bunch of extremely loving dangerous spots

i'm also loving pissed that penelope vs page didnt go longer, when loving marko or whoever got to go 15 minutes against ktb i think penelope should go longer than 6 against loving ethan page. i guess the takeaway there is that gcw sucks and doesn't care about intergender wrestling except for heal heat to make the crowd uncomfortable, or get the gross aspects of the crowd excited

other stuff was very good. riddle/pco ruled, joey/jinsei ruled, the opener and wheatus were fun and mjf is still an amazing heel. i wish i'd gotten to see loving wheeler yuta wrestle because he rules and was probably my favorite worker in the ring tonight, but at least the stokely/sandman bit was kinda fun. sabu vs gage actually totally ruled and i 100% believed that old leathery man would win the gcw title.

btw i've been to just about every major promotion that runs nyc - wwe, nxt, roh, evolve, progress - and i've never seen a crowd that was so majority-white-dude, and so lovely, as gcw's tonight. made me very glad i did not invite any friends along, there were just some awful loving people in that room, christ. even if progress's everyone's welcome shtick might seem a bit half-assed at times, i really loving appreciate what they manage to do, and what even evolve manages to do by just being careful how they present the product, versus gcw tonight. eesh.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Currently at Melbourne City Wrestling’s 100th show, MCW100. Wrestling tonight: Bad Luck Fale, Will Ospreay and Naito!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine wanting to see more Ethan Page

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Imagine wanting to see more Ethan Page

ive been told hes actually good now and nothing i saw last night disproved it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

i had fun at the show but it wasn't very good and the ladder match was a lovely nightmare i was done with about 1/4 of the way in. just the worst loving spot fest, that match had five guys i didnt know the name of and i came out not learning or caring about any of them even though they all did a bunch of extremely loving dangerous spots

This is why Orange Cassidy is the best.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

This is why Orange Cassidy is the best.

well, that goes without saying (he is ofc the only person who's name i knew going in)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Now hopefully he gets his rear end on to the Jericho Cruise and I'm good :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

abraham linksys posted:

btw i've been to just about every major promotion that runs nyc - wwe, nxt, roh, evolve, progress - and i've never seen a crowd that was so majority-white-dude, and so lovely, as gcw's tonight. made me very glad i did not invite any friends along, there were just some awful loving people in that room, christ. even if progress's everyone's welcome shtick might seem a bit half-assed at times, i really loving appreciate what they manage to do, and what even evolve manages to do by just being careful how they present the product, versus gcw tonight. eesh.
I can't figure out if you're saying you blame GCW/Janela for this?

I didn't think the crowd was markedly less diverse than most shows I've been to lately. MLW was VERY heavy white male to the point that it shocked me.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I haven't been to MLW but that wouldn't shock me either! Especially considering that every problematic dude short of Enzo has shown up there

Mostly blaming GCW, but it's not like janela was exactly trying to book a diverse card for a diverse crowd. If you theme a show around ECW nostalgia pops I guess thats what you're gonna get

Maybe I was just spoiled by PROGRESS NYC, though. Highlight of that show being the extremely-from-the-Bronx Latina woman in front of me who had more knowledge of the progress product than literally anyone I'd ever met before who was there with her sort of following along girlfriend :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There was some also some ancillary drama regarding midwest superfan Nolie and Shlak that I caught only caught part of. I don’t know the whole gist but it was enough that several notable voices on twitter went radiosilent during the GCW show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dumping on a show because most of the people who bought tickets to it were white seems real loving strange to me but to each his own I guess.

It was a fun show to watch at home and there was nothing really objectionable I saw aside from that cringey Larry Legend meats announcement.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

There was some also some ancillary drama regarding midwest superfan Nolie and Shlak that I caught only caught part of. I don’t know the whole gist but it was enough that several notable voices on twitter went radiosilent during the GCW show.

Wait, like that 8 year old kid Nolie? What does Shlak have against a literal child?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

Wait, like that 8 year old kid Nolie? What does Shlak have against a literal child?

Is she Jewish?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm eager to hear more, but I imagine it has nothing really to do with the eight year old child and all to do with his terrible father who continuously exploits his defenseless child for sympathy/etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1030952532510695424

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha hell yes

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

One, does he wrestle in jeans and a t-shirt? Because it looks like he does and I genuinely love that.

Two, do you think they booked him solely off last night cause I've never heard of this guy before then.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

He didn't wrestling in jeans and shirt at SCI.

They didn't even get to see that his entrance music is We Belong by Pat Benatar last night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm eager to hear more, but I imagine it has nothing really to do with the eight year old child and all to do with his terrible father who continuously exploits his defenseless child for sympathy/etc.

terrible dad that lets him book a wrestling match every year as part of a charity benefit. Again I don't know all the details, so its whatever. Just not a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Maybe I was just spoiled by PROGRESS NYC, though. Highlight of that show being the extremely-from-the-Bronx Latina woman in front of me who had more knowledge of the progress product than literally anyone I'd ever met before who was there with her sort of following along girlfriend :allears:

Based solely off of your description, I’m pretty sure the same woman was there last night soooooo

I enjoyed the show immensely for what it was - an early 2000s Jersey indy show filtered through the lens of people that know how to sell it to a more mainstream crowd through the art of production. Short Jinsei Shinzaki, you absolutely could’ve seen an analogous card in a VFW Hall in Morris County in a broke rear end ring about 10-15 years ago and it would’ve been depressing. Jazz it up a little bit, sell it well with incredible videos and just channel all energy into making sure everyone is having fun, and you’ve got a great night.