Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sami is a huge douche. I don’t know much about the Crist’s but they were sitting with the fans before the Naito Revolver show I went to in Dayton and they both seemed like nice people.

I am pretty sure Dave Crist is kind of a weirdo/creep. I remember hearing stories about how wrestlers would stay over his house when they worked Ohio companies and he'd like whip his dick out when they were sleeping or something as a joke. Pretty sure he did it to Kimber Lee once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what is it with crust punks and dick jokes?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Explosions posted:

Thumbs up thumbs down is a very bad taunt.

This has been, "my opinion."

It was good when Batista did it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I am pretty sure Dave Crist is kind of a weirdo/creep. I remember hearing stories about how wrestlers would stay over his house when they worked Ohio companies and he'd like whip his dick out when they were sleeping or something as a joke. Pretty sure he did it to Kimber Lee once.

That doesn’t surprise me really. I’ve only been around them that one time and they were very cool with all of the fans there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he did it during a czw ppv one time i think? ive definitely seen his dick at a show before

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DM Punk posted:

i dont know why but in my headcanon jake crist is actually an alright guy who is a sensitive artsy type he just still hangs out with his dirtbag brother and dirtbaggier friend sami.

i don't like ove, oi4k, whatever, but i do like jake crist so maybe im just rationalizing that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've liked OVE in the matches I've seen them in, which is I think like 3 total Wrestle Circus matches. They have cultivated the look of dirtbags who think they're punk but are really just into Mudvayne and The Joker but I don't know how much of that is their actual personalities and how much is a very nuanced character trait.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

I think my brain is melting because I have no idea who the Crists are and thought this was about Krist Novoselic from nirvana for a few seconds and I was like wtf. I think I combined his name with Dave grohls

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

I've liked OVE in the matches I've seen them in, which is I think like 3 total Wrestle Circus matches. They have cultivated the look of dirtbags who think they're punk but are really just into Mudvayne and The Joker but I don't know how much of that is their actual personalities and how much is a very nuanced character trait.

They're juggalos so judge how you will

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They're juggalos so judge how you will

So really nice and accepting but also grody and dumb? That’s been basically every juggalo I’ve interacted with at least

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
It continues to blow my mind that they were Irish Airborne in ROH back in The Day.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

It continues to blow my mind that they were Irish Airborne in ROH back in The Day.

Oh poo poo they’re those guys? I remember them having some hype around like 2006

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What are some good Roku channels for indie wrestling? I've seen a few available, some apparently have stuff from multiple promotions, but nothing sticks out.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Deathlove posted:

:psyduck:

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Beyond Wrestling hit 1M subscribers and released Amerianrana 18 for free on youtube. Its a good show! https://youtu.be/DPATu1NNTDY

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That loving main event was gruesome. I cant remember the last time I'd watched a barbed wire match. Probably the one in ECW where Sabu ripped his bicep apart.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

For deathmatchery, it was pretty brutal. Not like Sexxxy Eddie squirting veinjuice or "oh poo poo, I just watched Nick Gage die for a second while cutting a promo" but there were lots of powerful ouchies. David Starr continues being a great wrestler that absolutely no one wants to deal with because he's such a preachy dork. Janela's awesome, despite the fact the doesn't turn the carny off much.

Nick Gage was absolutely the best commentator for that kinda of match and deserved a lot of praise for really helping get the nuances of deathmatching across. Way better than a lot of veteran voices in the deathmatch announcing booths.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Very much agreed, especially if he does it a dozen times per match.

Plus, all his constant spitting.

That's cuz he's on the tabacky. He had a spit bottle on an officer/gentleman ep, it was pretty gross.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phenix Rising posted:

That loving main event was gruesome. I cant remember the last time I'd watched a barbed wire match. Probably the one in ECW where Sabu ripped his bicep apart.

the last time i watched a barbed wire match was uh

when i was in the crowd for americanrana '18

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Deathlove posted:

I THOUGHT SO

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Based on some of the stories he told when he was on Turned Out a Punk, I'm not surprised.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't think Dave Crist is outright malicious, but yeah any story you heard about him is probably true. There are bigger creepoid dudes in wrestling, he's a weird old punk skeezer. Jake and Nevaeh I think are mostly just a normal married couple? He's the smartest one of the Ohio group for sure because he never says anything. I don't care for the influence Sami has on the East Coast. I think he's a bad faith actor for sure.

Maxwell Lord posted:

What are some good Roku channels for indie wrestling? I've seen a few available, some apparently have stuff from multiple promotions, but nothing sticks out.
CHIKARATOPIA, also don't be surprised if they merge that with a larger indie operation in the near future.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cory Lidle posted:

I don't care for the influence Sami has on the East Coast. I think he's a bad faith actor for sure.

Sami is certainly a throwback to old school wrestling, in that he's an untrustworthy carny rear end in a top hat. Now I want to find that IWA-MS match where Necro Butcher knocked him out.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sami Callahan is bad, but Jeremiah Snake is good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
After the last two tournament of survivals I honestly wasn't blown away by Janela vs Starr. It was good but not close to the same level as Tremont vs Gage NRBW from ToS 2. Felt more on the level of Necro vs Whitmer.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Richter Scabies posted:

That's cuz he's on the tabacky. He had a spit bottle on an officer/gentleman ep, it was pretty gross.

oh my god of course sami dips

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A bunch of guys do because it helps them stay awake on the road

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It's gross as poo poo. Just do some cocaine like a big boy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You should get all the energy you need by slamming a few rats on the gimmick table after the house, brother.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Idk indie dudes but I think that’s David Starr?
https://twitter.com/fourthree_br/status/1052952444374663168?s=21

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Maybe all dudes with beards are the same, idk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that's clearly the bernie sanders of professional wrestling

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's clearly Ligero without and then with the mask.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
oh dear

http://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1053112060425502720

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1053112609409560576

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bunch of loving cop callers running that venue MDK

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Wait, a nightclub in Hollywood is worried about people with felony records and prison time? You could probably find a dozen people with worse records than Gage at any music show there.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
CZW really trying to shore up the Disgusting Promotional Tactic of the Year award in the wake of Ronda's "you sleep with man and you have job" promo this week.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gauge's felony is the dumbest of all time for multiple reasons, but it's still funny that people think he's some kind of murderous thug when all he did was politely ask for money in a bank

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cory Lidle posted:

CZW really trying to shore up the Disgusting Promotional Tactic of the Year award in the wake of Ronda's "you sleep with man and you have job" promo this week.

Like anything will touch the Saudi Arabia stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i watched sami screaming and cursing at jessica havok behind the sugar mill during mania weekend, i was eating a hot dog, it was not comfortable. i do not like him.