Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hoping that walter gets pulled to prove that he doesn't have more control over his career than all the top wwe wrestlers. what a pathetic joke of an idea that's been going around with that. remember if your scoop comes from a litter box there's going to be poo poo and piss all in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
They had Axel wrestle British Strong Style in December so I'm pretty sure wXw is one of WWE's 'approved' promotions.

Now, whether Walter is there after Carat, that's the real question. He hasn't been announced for their Mania weekend show, so I get the feeling Carat is going to be his swan song, at least as a regular wrestler on their roster. :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wxw is in bed with wwe. Its why I'm expecting lucha bros pulled if they're in aew and wwe is really scared

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody Rhodes should politic to hell and gone to get Fenix to go over WALTER.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Do the right thing

https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1095742550160429061

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
voted 4 times for orange cassidy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PCW Ultra is hosting the first (of what they plan to be an annual) Wrestle Summit in LA March 29.

Confirmed matches so far for the Wrestle Summit:

Taya Valkyrie and Johnny Impact (representing Impact) vs Daga and Tessa Blanchard (representing PCW Ultra)
Trey Miguel (representing Impact) vs Jungle Boy (representing AEW)
Sami Callihan (representing Wrestling Revolver) vs Brian Cage (representing Impact)
Kikutaro (Japanese freelancer) vs Randy Myers (representing Defy) vs Happy Man (Japanese freelancer) vs Douglas James (representing PCW Ultra) vs Caleb Konley (Wrestling Revolver open invite scramble champ) for Konley's belt
Zachary Wentz (representing Impact) vs Artemis Spencer (Defy champ) for Spencer's belt

Also
https://twitter.com/WrestleSummitLA/status/1095793310793232384

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Keep in mind the National Pro Wrestling Day show is a charity thing and the folks working it are not getting paid. Some kept it vanilla, also the venue didn't allow for dives or much of anything to the outside.

RealFoxy posted:

Hallowicked has been hailed as a Cesaro level talent from the beginning of the time, everyone talks about how he's the wrestler's wrestler and so drat good but never escaped the CHIKARA atmosphere, the same as Ultramantis and Ophidian being hailed as incredible talent but they rarely branch out from CHIKARA.

When Frightmare hit the scene I thought he'd be one of the best cruiserweights of the era but he got injured, came back a lot heavier, and lost tons of momentum but CHIKARA's BDK era undoubtedly boosted so many stars as kings of the indies despite most of them never getting the shot they deserved.

I might have just been drinking too much of the kool-aide but I feel like Quack was a fantastic booker at the time with great talent and put on some of the best shows of that era.
No one really knows what Hallowicked does for his real job, but he's 100% the reason he's not a bigger deal and he's fine being a weekender. Semi-related, if anyone has played that new CHIKARA Kingdom of Trios mobile game, 'Wicked made that.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hallowicked is also surprisingly handsome. Although he started so long ago he may have just become handsome over time after donning the mask.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Russian bots gonna interfere with another election.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poor AR Fox.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You don't put Orange Cassidy in a poll if you don't want people to vote for him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JamieOD/status/1096358129204375553

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My favorite no mercy fighter is back.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hell yeah, it's the star of Sunday night heat on my antenna television

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope Mr. Aguila shows up looking as crazy as he does now with the full body paint and massive loving mohawk

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope Mr. Aguila shows up looking as crazy as he does now with the full body paint and massive loving mohawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Pi1fljNyY

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Word my “Bull Nakano is a Mexican man who is also a cheetah” fanfic is finally hitting the mainsteam

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAW announced both Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis for their March 16 show today

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The GCW show with Jun Kasai on it is on fite tv right now and GCW announced that Masashi Takeda vs Jimmy Lloyd in a death match at Spring Break 3 part 1 and that GCW are doing a double shot in Japan this summer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

GCW are doing a double shot in Japan this summer.

I knew about this two months ago :smuggo:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I knew about this two months ago :smuggo:

teddy rovertsevelt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Grovert Cleveland and rovertford b. hayes and James monrovert

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

kasai/colon was far and away the best match i've ever seen live and i was at the first njpw/roh war of the worlds with okada/aj/elgin and bucks/redragon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

teddy rovertsevelt

Actually saying I knew is exaggerating. A drunk guy at Korakuen told me he was friends with Joey Janela and they'd be running a Janela show in Shinkiba.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

The GCW show with Jun Kasai on it is on fite tv right now and GCW announced that Masashi Takeda vs Jimmy Lloyd in a death match at Spring Break 3 part 1 and that GCW are doing a double shot in Japan this summer.

How was the GCW show?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
How was Pac/Ospreay and Cage/Steiner?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ospreay did a flip off of pac's finger and it dislocated the finger and he will be out for 4 weeks because it needs surgery

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

How was the GCW show?

The singles death matches were wild. A muscular ginger was literally tossing a tiny man around the building, the scramble was silly dumb poo poo. Was a very solid show unless you don't care for death matches or shlak. Alex Colon is a super underrated US Death match guy that should be getting used in foreign death match promotions

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I didn’t like PAC vs Ospreay tbh

Overbooked when those two should have just been allowed to do their thing. I get it’s building towards a rematch but it didn’t work for me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheCool69 posted:

How was Pac/Ospreay and Cage/Steiner?

Do you mean Gage/Steiner?

If so, it was weird and bad. It never really turned the corner of being so bad it was good, but is worth watching if you want to see Scott Steiner telling people in the crowd to suck his cock (his words, not mine) and try to get thrown through a door that just won't break.

I don't understand Nick Gage or the hype around him. I don't think I've seen a match of his that I've enjoyed on any level and all I can think about when I see him is Chris Gethard because I think they both have the same problem with their elbows where they can't extend their arms fully straight.

If you meant Brian Cage/Steiner, then someone needs to let me know where to see whatever beautiful trainwreck that must have been.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage's hype is he's legit convict.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

Nick Gage's hype is he's legit convict.

Yeah, but that doesn't make him interesting in any way whatsoever.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

His hype is that he's got really weird charisma, is one of the big early-ish 2000s indie deathmatch guys who's still going, and MDK is fun to yell.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Gage-Steiner wasn't bad live thanks to the atmosphere, and really, when you consider how hosed up Steiner's movement is from the drop foot, it was near-miraculous, because he hasn't had good matches in a long time. But as Gage vs. a broken down workrate guy brawls go in that building, it wasn't as good as Gage-Psicosis.

As for Gage in general: Part of it is the live experience, because he's legit the most beloved wrestler in the promotions he's a regular in at this point. As matches on streaming services go, his matches from SCI this year are worth checking out, as is a lot of his stuff from Beyond, including the New Year's match with Josh Briggs. It's not on an all you can eat service, but the match with Timothy Thatcher from Bloodsport 2018 was a total blast live, too.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Woah I forgot about Thatcher where's he been?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Woah I forgot about Thatcher where's he been?

Germany.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gage’s best match was against Greshem on one of the powerbomb shows. Tiny little octopus man vs rampaging monster convict is something out of a comic book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

The singles death matches were wild. A muscular ginger was literally tossing a tiny man around the building, the scramble was silly dumb poo poo. Was a very solid show unless you don't care for death matches or shlak. Alex Colon is a super underrated US Death match guy that should be getting used in foreign death match promotions

yeah, it kind of sucks that BJW bring in foreigners for the first time in years and it ends up being Jimmy Havoc and Rickey Shane Page. From what I've heard the guys coming over for the GCW tour are also doing a BJW and a FREEDOMS show over that week so perhaps they get invited back. Havoc/RSP got invited back because they impressed BJW management with their attitude when they got booked for some shows when FCP brought them over.