Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I think Gary Jay just retired from wrestling this week.

Well poo poo! He was in one of my favorite matches from WM weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Thanks for the Freelance plug, oat, Anthony Henry is goddamn good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/PowerbombTV

really excited about this!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I saw on your twitter that if half the promotions they're following are on the network it's gonna be a great channel, but I don't have Twitter.....which promotions we talkin'? Any Japanese ones?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I saw on your twitter that if half the promotions they're following are on the network it's gonna be a great channel, but I don't have Twitter.....which promotions we talkin'? Any Japanese ones?

AIW, Freelance, SoCal Pro, Alpha-1, CaraLucha, DTU Extremo, Lucha Memes, Grand Slam Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Why We Wrestle, NWA Smokey Mountain, Tier 1 Wrestling, and a couple more i haven't heard of

couldn't care less about japanese promotions getting in on these streaming services because they're all easy to watch as it is but the mexican indies are super exciting possibilities, and a lot of the smaller regional usa promotions have good reputations with zero distribution

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

AIW, Freelance, SoCal Pro, Alpha-1, CaraLucha, DTU Extremo, Lucha Memes, Grand Slam Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Why We Wrestle, NWA Smokey Mountain, Tier 1 Wrestling, Why We Wrestle

and a couple more i haven't heard of

couldn't care less about Japanese promotions getting in on this because they're all easy to watch as it is but the mexican indies are super exciting possibilities, and a lot of the smaller regional usa promotions have good reputations with zero distribution

Definitely interested in the first few and the lucha stuff. I only ask about Japanese companies because I like the idea of being able to watch DDT or BJW on my Roku, I dislike watching wrestling on my computer unless it's with other people

A shame ISW and Beyond aren't on there though. Although Beyond has a Roku channel, I think.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 28, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

would be willing to place money on beyond being in talks with FloSlam

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

would be willing to place money on beyond being in talks with FloSlam

I honestly know too much about FloSlam to comment on it. But yeah there's been enquiries.

The most interesting thing I want to SEE with my own eyes even after a number of people verifying that it is true is the amount of money EVOLVE is getting per show. Which is still unbelievable to me. Sal is entitled to recoup years of possible losses but I hope the talents see a lot of it. Also Riddle vs Angle.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

I honestly know too much about FloSlam to comment on it. But yeah there's been enquiries.

The most interesting thing I want to SEE with my own eyes even after a number of people verifying that it is true is the amount of money EVOLVE is getting per show. Which is still unbelievable to me. Sal is entitled to recoup years of possible losses but I hope the talents see a lot of it. Also Riddle vs Angle.

Do you mean revenue coming in through ticket sales/merchandise and whatnot or FloSlam money?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Do you mean revenue coming in through ticket sales/merchandise and whatnot or FloSlam money?

FloSlam money. It is the equivalent of a big budget wrestling show's budget essentially. If they start bringing in Angle, Rey or ADR suddenly we will find out.

Hope the existing roster get a bump in pay, more UK guys and Visas for Canadians.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 28, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that would be neat

I can't imagine a better combination of antiseptic talent and promotion than alberto el patron and evolve

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I hope I get to see thatcher or riddle vs angle.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the one thing i really want to see from FloSlam (a name i still hate typing out) is expand Evolve options because while I love Evolve I'm seeing the same 8 guys wrestle each other months after month, and maybe talk to SHIMMER about getting their tapes and putting shows out much sooner if not live streamed. SHIMMER's taping schedule is weird enough as is but I think that's more out of necessity with their terrible distribution rather than baked into the promotion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Prazak seems to have checked out of SHIMMER mentally for the large part. The last two years fans privately wondered if the next taping is the last. The booking is decidedly different corroborating the rumours he doesn't have that much to do with it anymore. Also the promotion fulfilled it's mission as serious women's Wrestling is everywhere you turn now. Last year Prazak said his exit strategy was to sell his tape library to WWE.

I know SHIMMER and it's fans have perception problems but some of the absolute best indie matches have come from there.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I hope powerbomb.tv has a yearly subscription option.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fair warning before signing up for a year of that is that around half of those US/Canadian promotions heavily feature Ethan Page.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
If the lucha indies, AIW, and Freelance are in on that deal is enough to sell it for me tbh.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If FloSlam gets Speedball and Josh Alexander back in the US then mission accomplished imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

If FloSlam gets Speedball and Josh Alexander back in the US then mission accomplished imo

DDT appears to be pushing the poo poo out of Speedball. I know it's not the same, but he won a tourney run by them for an offshoot promotion called DNA, and he got to tag with Dick Motherfucking Togo at Ryogoku Peter Pan, their biggest show of the year

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
all I want from any streaming service is all of the european indies. if any of them manage to get the big ones I'll give em money for life. somebody please tell me this will happen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

all I want from any streaming service is all of the european indies. if any of them manage to get the big ones I'll give em money for life. somebody please tell me this will happen

Which ones? A lot of the really prominent ones (WXW, Rev Pro, Progress) are already on Highspots

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Which ones? A lot of the really prominent ones (WXW, Rev Pro, Progress) are already on Highspots

All those are in the mix with FloSlam. They are throwing around tempting offers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Prazak seems to have checked out of SHIMMER mentally for the large part. The last two years fans privately wondered if the next taping is the last. The booking is decidedly different corroborating the rumours he doesn't have that much to do with it anymore. Also the promotion fulfilled it's mission as serious women's Wrestling is everywhere you turn now. Last year Prazak said his exit strategy was to sell his tape library to WWE.

I know SHIMMER and it's fans have perception problems but some of the absolute best indie matches have come from there.

SHIMMER's model really doesn't need loving with, really. They're at the sweet spot of effort vs profit. Same deal with PWG.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

SHIMMER's model really doesn't need loving with, really. They're at the sweet spot of effort vs profit. Same deal with PWG.

SHIMMER has a lot less imports at next month's tapings. Don't remember the last time I read someone watching the latest release either.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

You can see Speedball have great matches in SMASH wrestling. He wrestled Mark Haskins last month and it ruled.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If FloSam is throwing around a ton of money with the dream of people paying $20/month to watch a mishmash of indies, I sure hope the indies get as much as they can up front

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a $12.50 a month option

ed: Oh nice, apparently WWN confirmed their whole back catalog will be included, including DGUSA

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 29, 2016

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Speaking of Speedball

https://twitter.com/zabexxx/status/789421760047218688

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Good thing he wasn't named Speedballs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Good thing he wasn't named Speedballs.

Seems like more of a Von Erich nickname

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

oatgan posted:

Well poo poo! He was in one of my favorite matches from WM weekend

Wait, I was wrong. Gary Jay is not retiring but some other wrestlers in the St. Louis area are and I mentally put his name in with them. Sorry about that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, the Bucks really need to drop the PWG tag belts.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'm hoping that whatever issue is making it so SSB can't wrestle gets resolved and they can come take the belts off the Bucks

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

It's gotta be happening during DDT4 I think. Especially if they're really going to WWE, which I doubt but I guess anything's possible once their ROH deal is up.

I think it'll be Best Friends, to further the Chuck Taylor winning streak angle. But that wouldn't solve the underlying problem of NJPW tours loving up PWG's ability to hold tag title matches, so maybe they'll do something out of left field instead.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the goal is for the Bucks to break their previous record 600+days long title reign. It already is the third-longest reign as is (no need to wonder who is in the #2 spot), and IIRC hasn't even announced the next show yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shoulda kept it on Lee/Everett.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Shoulda kept it on Lee/Everett.

Agreed. I'd be okay with the Beaver Boys still being champs too, they're fun.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm hoping that whatever issue is making it so SSB can't wrestle gets resolved and they can come take the belts off the Bucks

I'd be very okay with this. I think right now the correct decision if they drop the belts would be a team with no Japan commitments, as Nuy alluded to. Maybe instead of Best Friends, put 'em on Officer and a Gentleman. I'd also love to see PWG start using the Amazing Gulaks.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Best Friends or Officer and a Gentleman. Chuck "DUSTIN" Taylor needs a god drat PWG title :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/RealKongoKong/status/792535974723121152