Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't get the hype for shynron. I like spot monkeys, but dude wrestles like a video game. And he has so much wasted movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Writer Cath posted:

Who's he wrestling?

Me

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

ASW 12 ships out tomorrow.

I want that preview vid.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I had no idea that Del Rio was even there, I didn't notice him approaching Galloway. Crowd popped big for Sami planting one on Castle though. Dude on dude action plays in California.

Results:

Adam Cole def. Dalton Castle
Michael Elgin def. Kamaitachi
Marty Scurll def. Mark Andrews
Trevor Lee def. Andrew Everett
Chris Hero def. Jeff Cobb
Drew Galloway def. Michael Elgin
Roderick Strong def. Sami Callihan

Galloway appears to be turning as he was acting pretty heelish on the mic and during the match, although that might just have been a one-off during that match to protect Elgin while he was filling in I'm not sure. He motioned after the match that he wants the belt and he would probably make a good foil to Zack so I wouldn't be surprised either way. Cobb/Hero was MOTN in my opinion, Hero did what Hero does and made Cobb look amazing. Crowd received both him and Kamaitachi pretty well, definitely better than the last couple debuts they've had (Castle excepted because come on, who expected that gimmick to not get over in Reseda). Callihan had a visual pin on Roddy but then Cole ran in and pulled Knox out of the ring, then Castle did the same for Sami later on, both of them got taken out by dives shortly after interfering. After the match Cole hit the ring to congratulate Roddy and then started beating down Callihan, then Castle made the save and they cleared the ring and he offered Sami the handshake but Sami kissed him instead.

Decent show but not the strongest they've put on tbh. I know they were running shorthanded because of guys being in Japan and Zack got hurt, but several matches were a little sloppy and/or never quite hit that extra gear that great PWG matches reach. Excalibur confirmed at the end of the show that Thirteen is next on the calendar, so no June show this year. Curious to see who will be available then and what that card will look like.

I agree with you, but like with every pwg show it was still a blast. I just wanna say. Hero made Cobb look like a million bucks. Also Hero might be the nicest dude in wrestling. He is always just willing to chat and hang out with fans.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think now that Ricochet and O'Reilly have slowed down a bit from the ridiculous tear they were on 1-2 years ago, Chris Hero is probably my favorite wrestler in the world right now. He's just so loving good night in and night out and can get anybody over.

Agreed 110 percent.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It would be cooler if I could watch what culture videos for more than 30 seconds.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lucha vavoom is cool as heck though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So is Lucha Vavoom. Wrestling is a sideshow. It has been one since it started. People paying to watch wrestling no matter what is a good thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lumbermouth posted:

I hope we actually get to see that Gage/Thatcher match that Beyond booked.

I can't even comprehend what that match will look like. It's either going to be brilliant, or a complete train wreck. There is no in between.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So is the ASW 12 preview every going to be put up?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jubs posted:

Nope. When they were being made, there was a hard drive crash and everything got lost.

Shiitttt that sucks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Would not be at all surprised to see him face Cole, Trevor, or Roddy in Round 1 and then the Bucks in a trios match on either the first round day where he's not in the tourney or on Sunday. PWG is really the place to be to check off almost all of that list without signing a contract with ROH.

Somewhat surprising that they're making a BOLA announcement (and possibly more?) before anything about the Thirteen card.

That's kind of what they did last year too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

PWG THIRTEEN!

Chuck Taylor vs Trent
Jeff Cobb vs Trevor Lee
Sami Callihan vs Marty Scurll
Tommy End vs Adam Cole
Tim Thatcher vs Roderick Strong
Death by Elbow vs The Young Bucks
Kyle O'Reilly vs Zack Sabre Jr

What's the date of the show?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
O'Reilly vs ZSJ is going to be loving great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Thatcher/Roddy, hatchi matchi

Yeah that's going to rule so hard. I was just thinking how thatcher hadn't been booked for pwg in a while too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWG doesn't do automatic title rematches and they've already run Roddy/Sabre in singles twice now. If they do have Roddy challenge for the title again it'd probably have to be a Guerrilla Warfare match, that would be the only real way to escalate things for a blowoff.

I could see them doing that at Bola

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I got my tickets. I have a friend who buys tickets for a lot of people, and she was able to get 2 front row and 5 GA.

Standing room gets kind of lovely near the end but its really not that bad. I found the best spot for standing is next to the bar where the beer signs are.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Why hasn't ACH worked PWG more consistently? He seems like their kind of guy.

He was working with them pretty frequently not long ago, but they stopped booking him. I remember that he had heat with some wrestlers, but I'm not really sure why pwg stopped using him. People loved him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think he is just a young nerd introvert kind of guy so he really doesn't know how to play the game. By all accounts he seems like a really nice dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

gently caress yes. This is the kind of poo poo I love about wrestling.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Vader vs juniors sounds rad as gently caress.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Did anyone post the latest pwg preview for prince?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35fZU50ryQ

Cobb got us so hype for manhandling hero like that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always want to do bola but it's a lot of money and all weekend. It's a big commitment. I want to do one night at least this year.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am continually baffled by how fat Chris got. Goddamn.

You mean how amazing he has got.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
In fact I guarantee there will be a Johnny Mundo chant. Hell maybe a Johnny Nitro chant.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I want to see Jeff Cobb team up with Elgin and Cage to form the Unbreakable F'n Monster Machines and ragdoll everyone

Hell yes. I'm on board with this faction.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think I'm finally just going to buy my own pitcher this time. It sucks when they run out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Whatever gym that was that held BOLA 2008 was nice and big... but the acoustics bounced sound like crazy where you couldn't hear anything when someone was on the mic. The Legion is hot as hell but the acoustics are very good in person and on DVD.

That was at the armory in Burbank. It was a cool venue, but I dunno if it has that same feel PWG wants. Although considering how popular they have gotten lately maybe they would be able to fill the place. It's going to be a sad day though when they aren't doing the legion hall anymore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eltoasto posted:

Is there still no way to see BOLA outside of going to it or buying a DVD months later? They could make a bunch of money if people like me could buy a stream of it.

Just buy the blu Ray. It will be out pretty drat quick after the show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I thought this was a really cool video. It's always interesting to see all the future WWE dudes. It's also crazy to me that I have been following PWG since high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXRXJBJrN4

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cory Lidle posted:

AAW pays wrestlers their normal rates and you can get booked there without some weird vetting process from The Boys?

If PWG wasn't paying people fair wages no one would want to work there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Von Linus posted:

I don't know or care but it's possible people would do it for the exposure or they are looking to wrestle the top dudes who wrestle there.

Or dudes who work for much larger companies than PWG with much more exposure are willing to put their work with other places at risk to work with a company like PWG. I don't know where anyone has gotten this story that PWG doesn't pay their wrestlers what they ask for.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr. Baker posted:

You cannot show me the PWG ticket prices and convince me wrestlers aren't receiving their normal rate.

Not to mention that their overhead is probably super low.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's the psp way. We must make sure everyone knows that a thing was always bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Why do people not like Timothy Thatcher

Who the gently caress doesn't like Thatcher? I'll head but them. Thatcher rules.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Thatcher vs Roddy is my most anticipated match at PWG 13.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Holy poo poo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Is Adam Cole still scheduled for 13?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tommy end vs ZSJ is going to rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

johnny's last indie date is 9/23 in cleveland

That's awesome. Gargano is one of those dudes who really deserves it.