Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Yep, chiming in to say I got sold out notices within about 70 seconds this time. Such a bummer. One day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Hell if someone wants to offload ONE ticket any section I'm in for a reasonable price. Any for anyone who was unsure this is by far the hottest ticket in pro graps, third time in a row I've been shut out and there's next to no secondary market. Or is there? Anyone have any luck scalping at the gate?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I think I might just say screw it and give it a shot. I'm coming from Santa Monica so not like it's an epic drive or anything.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Anyone happen to come into a spare ticket to PWG tomorrow? I'm still going to go and hope I luck into one or entry to standing room.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
At PWG, im the rear end in a top hat up front in the njpw hoodie and the I need a ticket sign if anyones around.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just got back. Not only did I get in but ended up getting a solid seat. Got to meet a bunch of the guys before and after the show, and even met Adam Jones, which was a thrill since Tool has been my favorite band for years. They've got a special thing going and I get now why the regulars (including the wrestlers) don't want to change anything about it even if there is more money to be made and a bigger venue would be more comfortable. Probably in the top three most fun I've had at a show and will try to go every time for as long as I'm in LA.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N Roll) is on March 18th

Shane Strickland vs Dezmond Xavier (debut for both)
Sami Callihan vs Adam Cole
Keith Lee debuts vs Brian Cage
Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb vs. OI4K
Lio Rush vs Trevor Lee
Sabre & Scrull vs. Trent? & Chuck
PWG Tag Team Triple Threat: Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix vs. Sydal & Ricochet vs. Young Bucks(c)

Oh man the top two matches here are going to be nuts. Cannot wait.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Grozz Nuy posted:

Got my PWG ticket easily this time. So excited for that tag title match.

Scored one GA. Maybe a 60 second sellout instead of a 30 second one this time? Cannot wait!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

I haven't been following him lately, can he still go? Dude was incredible back in the Michinoku Pro glory days.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Grozz Nuy posted:

Game Over, Man card is up:

Lio Rush vs. Rey Fenix
Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb
Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole
Mark Haskins returns vs. Mike Elgin
War Machine debuts vs. Bucks
Reseda Street Fight: Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll
Non-title: Dick Togo vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Much more of a 2016-looking card than the last couple with only one tag match, but those are all cool matchups and it's good to see War Machine finally showing up. Nice to see Haskins making it back out as well now that he's healthy again, I liked his BOLA matches quite a bit and Elgin's an interesting matchup for him. Not sure if I can commit to buying tickets this week though so I might have to sit this show out.

Going to make it three in a row for me. Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb is going to rule, excited to see Dick Togo live, and Chuck vs Scurll should be a lot of fun. Assuming the street fight is the main event?

Also last night's show (Nice Boys) was outstanding. Opening match was awesome and main event was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen live. Can't say best, but between the action and the comedy it was one hell of a deal.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
PWG for May 19 (a Friday) Head Like a Cole

Trent? vs ZSJ for the belt
Bucks vs. Pentagon/Fenix for the belts
Sami Calihan vs Adam Cole
Leo Rush vs. Mark Haskins
reDragon vs. Chosen Bros
Shane Strickland vs. Elgin
Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee

Does this mean All Star Extravaganza is in June this year?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Any results/reports from last night's PWG? Didn't make it out to it last night.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Got night 2 and night 3. Actually will likely have one, if not two extras for night 3 so if ppl are interested lets connect.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Excited to go tonight but doens't look like the heatwave is breaking today. Going to be gross again.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
About halfway through night 3 and this is smoking night 2 and quickly rising up to best in-ring show ive seen live.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

TUS posted:

Interesting choice with the winner. Meltzer is swooning over the first 2 nights so it seems Nights 2 and 3 are crazy awesome.

Thought Night 3 ended up definitely better than Night 2. Night 2 was really good but there have been better PWG shows this year imho (Nice Guys comes to mind).

Regarding Dijak vs. Lee because you're going to be hearing about it, for an athletic spectacle of big guys it was unbelievable and I thought best match of the tournament. For my tastes it ended up being a little over the top but it did get a healthy six star chant from the crowd at the end.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

sportsgenius86 posted:

All-Star Weekend cards are out

Night One - Oct 20
Adam Brooks (Aussie talent) vs Mark Haskins
Joey Janela vs Trevor Lee
Jeff Cobb vs Jonah Rock
Flash Morgan Webster vs Travis Banks
Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle
Ricochet vs WALTER
REY FENIX vs Sammy Guevara vs Rey Horus vs Flamita

Night Two - Oct 21
Rey Horus vs Matt Sydal
Adam Brooks vs Jonah Rock
Travis Banks vs Trent?
Joey Janela vs Marty Scurll
Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Haskins vs the Young Bucks
Zack Sabre, Jr. vs WALTER
Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor (c) - PWG World Title

Tickets available Thursday, Sept 28 at 8 pm PDT

Of all the great stuff here, I think I'm actually most stoked for Cobb vs Rock. Four way will also be absurd, and if this is Ricochet's farewell that will be quite the thing too (though maybe it's early for that?)

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Elite guys are doing a live Q&A and just said that All In is happening concurrently with BOLA and it is not some BOLA Night 2 endeavor as some have speculated, but that Matt has been in contact with the PWG guys and they are at least considering doing a different weekend for it. Cody also joked he would do BOLA for free if it was on a different weekend.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

The_Rob posted:

I just wanna say that Ring Kampf vs Bateman and Brody King tonight at ASW was loving awesome. And the only time I have ever seen Thatcher smile is when Walter is caving someone's chest in with chops.

I thought this was the most entertaining PWG show I've been to. I didn't see the best PWG match I've seen, but for consistency and hilarity I can't come up with a better one. Think Hangman vs Keith Lee was one of the funniest matches I've seen too - they weren't going for comedy but Hangman forgot to spray tan his back and looked totally ridiculous and being a Reseda crowd, that became the story of the match.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Germansimp posted:

Sounds pretty awesome, can't wait till he criticises the Bucks for not having his back (tan spray) on the next Being The E- ... oh, right.

If it was intentional then tip of the hat to Hangman for having a way better mind for a comedy match than I thought he had.

A few more thoughts: Ishimori vs Bandido was awesome and I think Bandido in particular is going to be big on US indies; not sure if this is a regular thing for him but Walter used a burning lariat that pretty much everyone bought as a finish, and he should use that as a finish because that's my favorite move; main event was killer. Just get this show when it comes out, it was definitely upper tier PWG.

Oh and apparently the closing for the sale of the building hasn't gone through yet and they announced they might come back. I know way too much about the ebb and flow of dealwork (I'm an M&A lawyer) to get my hopes up too much but thought it was interesting they made a public announcement about it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
That's awesome that PCO is going to use the Mania match with Walter to do some cool stuff this year and get some good paydays. I'd buy a shirt.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

KungFu Grip posted:

it's a shame that card looks incredibly weak. Good on them for giving Starr a second chance against someone the crowd is already familiar with in Matt Riddle.

Yeah I haven't skipped a show in a long time and this might be one I pass on. Assume a lot of regulars are going to be either in Japan or en route for Dominion since that show is about a week later.

E: Well two weeks, but point might still stand if there are Road To shows leading up to it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Lol the error message shows up if you try to get a single seat anywhere.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Sounds like it's legit sold out

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/995769067687563265

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Sub Rosa posted:

The title is booked, not Aldis. Cody has his pick of who will drop the belt to him, and my hunch is Matt Cross.

Does he have a title match coming up? I stopped paying attention entirely to NWA after Aldis won. Did like the Tim Storm story they were doing though.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
tbh, PCO vs Cody for the NWA title in front of 10k people is the kind of fever dream main event I can really get behind.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
BOLA line up is unreal in a wtf/that's cool sense. CIMA vs PCO, please god.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What's the general consensus on Sammy Guevara? Because he's been extremely good as a member of Irie-gun on this DDT tour.

Like him. Entertaining smarmy heel everytime I've seen him. Definitely has potential but agree he hasn't had The Match that really ignites his career yet.

Quick PWG live thoughts: This was a lot of fun as it always is, but definitely average by PWG standards. Bucks vs Rascalz and Penta vs Horus were excellent. Main event was a great hoss off with Brody King vs Walter. Rest was good to average (the opener was Dalton Castle vs David Starr, which didn't do that much for me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just got back from Night 2 and thought it was top to bottom the best PWG show I’ve seen. Not sure if I saw the single best PWG match, but for overall show, this was tops.

More thoughts when I get home, but man was this good and man is Bandido gonna be huge...

Some more quick and dirty reaction:

- Marko/Lee was an excellent opener, with some great comedy to start and fans throwing fun-sized candy like streamers at the beginning.
- Sammy/Rock very good. Technically this was three heels in the ring at once with Justin reffing, so bit strange that Jonah became defacto face. Sammy is pretty great at the smarmy heel thing and I don't think I've been to a show where the heel at the end got "don't come back" chants.
- DJ Z/Eagles really got going by the end. DJ has come a long way and also had a pretty drat awesome entrance by PWG standards. Bit sloppy but still good.
- Cobb/Darby was next and at this point in the show things just got loving nuts. Darby had a deathwish with the bumps and dives he was doing, including doing a Coffin Drop onto the ring apron that was pretty sick.
- Ilja/Shingo had some scary stuff but was overall excellent. Ilja is tremendous at babyface fire and I really hope he does more US dates after this. Shingo a little more over.
- Ringkamp explosion was brutal. Euro version of a Shibata/Goto match. Walter threw the single sickest lariat I've ever seen and thankfully it was the finish.
- Main event six man was pure insanity. Everyone had some killer spots, including CIMA who I've loved for years but was pleasantly surprised kept up with the other five guys.

Last four were all well above 4 stars and Bandido was clearly to me the most over person tonight. Going to sit tomorrow out but I'm sure it'll be good. I went to night 1 as well, and it was good, but this was a proper BOLA night and still my favorite PWG show.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 16, 2018