Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

Cassandro feels like he's had to do balcony dives every night to pop the crowd and busted his leg doing it right before either an ROH or Chikara show.

Cassandro shouldn't feel like popping the crowd in that fashion. He's loving Cassandro, the audience should like him for his mannerisms and personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, on some level they'd be stupid to not charge as much as they can get away with until tickets stop selling out in three minutes every show.

Capitalism demands. Seriously, gently caress scalpers, and if people love the wrestling, having $10 tickets is stupid. $70 for a fantastic night sounds good to me.

Pay the boys what they're worth!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

I'm so happy for Chuck Taylor winning the belt. My only greviance is that it didn't happen sooner.

And in every other promotion. Out of him and Ricochet I'd rather watch him wrestle, and he's so many times more entertaining as a character and promo, why do people like that half-black kid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeKw7ZWw80

Please everyone join me in laughing at young redneck goober Ricochet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQEH5ctLIw

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Sill can't get over you fuckers bitching about the gift bag at the first DGUSA show

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have no idea what the gift bag thing is but I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's something Gabe hyped for more money and it ended up being poo poo?

Yeah I wonder why people were angry?

oatgan posted:

big mike is teasing dragon gate in the united states again

Do you mean Michael Elgin? Why the hell would Elgin be involved?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It was the most disgusting chairshot I've ever seen and made everybody leave very uncomfortable. Who the gently caress plans a chairshot to hit with the backrest instead of the seat and why would you ever take that shot unprotected?

Until that point, it was the best Sami Callihan match because that dork slipped off the stage during his entrance and then got his rear end beat.

I'd say it's the classic case of people wanting to look tough, and that bad stuff is overstated and it's safe when done properly, like how *I* do it. Just because some other loser got hurt taking a chair shot doesn't mean no one should do it, duh.

I'd guarantee there's many people who think this way. Sami Callihan seems so well respected, but he messed a person up- I do hope Keith Lee is alright.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

No Kenny Omega in BOLA makes me sad :(
Was he just not available, could they not reach an agreement on rates, or did PWG not think him having 3-4 amazing matches on a weekend is a selling point?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

SLUM KING posted:

Too many loving Nazis.

Ah, the classic indy problem.

I haven't seen live indy Australian wrestling in a while, but the horrifying homophobia last time sure turned me away.

The_Rob posted:

I think the Lio spot is cool. It's CZW and he's wrestling Joey Janella. If there is any place where the spot is acceptable. It's right there.

The point of wrestling is that it hurts. It just makes a mockery of all wrestling. That spot retroactively makes me enjoy all previous table spots I've seen less.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Catch people, you fuckers!

And that show sounds truly horrific, what the hell. And yeah, we have enough financial information to know Gabe is making ludicrous amounts of money considering. Wasn't there an investment deal that equaled out to being given like $35,000 per tiny indy show he ran? So he could run shows with the typical economics of an indy show, and just pocket that extra if he desired.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 13, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

He's the god drat best at retiring :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

So.....both Adams, King Ross, Jack the Jobber, all gone. I don't hate the rest of their staff but drat that's a loss.

At least they have a new female host, so it's not quite as much of a boy's club!