Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Brian Cage is out of PWG tonight due to a family issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Brian Cage is out of PWG tonight due to a family issue

Elgin pulled double duty and Castle and Callihan apparently made out in the middle of the ring. Paige and Del Rio were 3rd cutest couple after them at PWG tonight. 2nd was Galloway and Del Rio as Del Rio came out and hugged Galloway after his match with Elgin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I had no idea that Del Rio was even there, I didn't notice him approaching Galloway.

It was probably just at the curtain when he hugged him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Beyond Wrestling is doing a 14(?) day free trial on its youtube service with all of their shows available. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNRDPH9cSS9WPrRbbixI-A

Anyone familiar have some recommendations for shows to watch?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Lucha vavoom is cool as heck though.

Cassandro feels like he's had to do balcony dives every night to pop the crowd and busted his leg doing it right before either an ROH or Chikara show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Joey Janella suffered from a sliced tendon in his thumb from that bump with Zandig.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Wasn't UWF the pseudo-MMA federation in Japan with Gary Albright stiffing people?

different fed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cody Rhodes is confirmed for BOLA.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Surprise, Cody actually posted a the BOLA tournament

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How was the TOD?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

Their prices sky rocketed after seeing how popular they were at BOLA last year.

AAW are money marks for them luchadors then

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It really depends on your local demographics. If you have a strong Latino population luchas can pull enough tickets to pay off a show sometime, if you have a big smark population AAA or NJPW guys can also draw huge numbers to places. Chicago has a ton of Latino people and also is one of if not the smarkiest city in America.

At some point wanting to book the best dudes without spending so much money means PWG testing out moving so they can sell more tickets

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
SOMEONE POKE SUPER DRAGON WITH A STICK OR SOMETHING

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

lol el hijo de fantasma is openly begging for a pwg booking on twitter

A shame that AAA doesn't want to use him or some poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

werent they dating?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

a first round loss to give him a curtain call makes sense i guess

I doubt both of Gulak's teams are gonna win their first round matches in KOT, but his Ant team has him as the Terminator so I could see Cedric doing Night 3.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mob posted:

I need to borrow $1000

what's the $1000 for

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hi Chris

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I have to imagine he loses this like Christian lost the Captain Charisma trademark he filed for after WWE neglected to.

He apparently owns the catchphrase straight up and WWE missed out completely. He also has an LCC called Feed Me More he made around the time WWE finally decided to trademark Feed Me More. Possible unrelated but didn't WWE's trademark for former Diva Kaitlyn just get approved this year lmao.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If the catchphrase was created while he was with WWE he's going to have trouble with it. Christian owned "Captain Charisma" for awhile but lost it because it was just something WWE neglected to file for, when they did they got it.

Well he's got a clothing line, a business, a website, and supplements coming out all with Feed Me More and the Ryback R logo so maybe things are going to get amazing in the next couple of days. He also apparently owns the nickname the Big Guy and filed for that before WWE did.

Actually I think the whole reason he was taken off TV was exactly this reason once WWE found out.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 6, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I like how every indie that promotes Hornswoggle uses an image of him from a WWE video game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

He has me blocked. Good to know.

Joey or the guy that edited his video

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TUS posted:

Is anyone going to do the breakdown of BOLA participants this year?

How so?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TUS posted:

So I was being crazy that someone did an effort post about BOLA the last 2 or 3 years? OK :smith:

Hulkamatt made threads like a few years ago, but doesnt actually follow PWG anymore

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Maybe spoiler tag em at least. I know for BOLA last year they tried for a quicker turn around than average.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
BOLA status: Lit

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771915997938720768

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771943695033704448

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771956889659838465

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

That dude passes out at PWG all the time

Someone saw him before the show and he was apparently shitfaced/barely lucid then too. My favorite thing is that Tommy End apparently almost dived ontop of him

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Last year prior to night 2 he had must of been already hosed up since he approached me at the hotel saying "aw man its good to see ya" and I just gave a fist bump to be polite. The guy knows how to party I guess.

someone in Satin's mentions says the dude's parents fly him out to shows and stuff because he was at couple of NXT shows too

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

Dream match scheduled that can only happen in PWG.

Heard it was crazy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope Havok/Kongo/Homicide are all in one match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I watched PWG Thirteen and my god is Sami Callihan's hair awful. He's like bald but not bald. He's got long messy greasy looking hair that's incredibly thin. It's so bad if I was him I'd suggest a hair vs. mask match at AAW with his mask hunter gimmick, just so I get an excuse for a haircut.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kongo Kong is Earthquake big

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

You guys have a very skewed idea of what fat is if you think Keith Lee is fat.

His non ROH gear is really not flattering to his body type.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bless you revpro

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the same promotion is doing Pete Dunne vs. Ishii the night after.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Thank you for saying how good my posts are

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Probably not though!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PWG Holiday DVD sale has started. BOLA will probably be added later towards Christmas.

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/DVD/

Bluray's too if you are into those. Only the most recent shows though, no old ones. Same deal with this years BOLA.

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/BR/

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Huh. So the Sells Out dvds and Super Dragon:Destruction are all gone. I can understand the Sells Out not being restocked because of the wrestlers featured in those dvds now being under contract but Dragon's not being restocked seems strange.

they don't restock anything. lots of 2012 shows missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAW got the Dreamwave locations because Dreamwave is dead.

The RevPro/NJPW show with Ishii vs Hero was last night. Tonight is Hero vs. Shibata. Can't wait for the VODs.