Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
HEY MOTHERFUCKERS IN HONOR OF JOHN FUCKIN ZANDIG COMING BACK TO THE MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT ZONE EVERYONE SHOULD TYPE LIKE loving JOHN loving ZANDIG THE MOST ULTRAVIOLENT GUY IN ALL OF HISTORY AND ALSO YOU FUCKERS SHOULD loving FOLLOW JOHN loving ZANDIG ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/johnzandig2120 AND IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE A loving PUSSY AND HE'LL loving SEND THE loving WIFEBEATER TO KICK YOUR loving rear end ALSO HULKAFUCKINMATT SHOULD EMBED THE loving CZF'NW THEME SONG IN THE BACKGROUND OF THIS THREAD AND loving WRESTLEHUT SHOULD BE RENAMED THE MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT ZONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Post more Zandig matches/moments in this thread. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-utJJTvqk

BE AMAZED at how Wifebeater takes a hot tag and comes in with the worst offense this side of Tom Magee!

BE IN AWE at Zandig being setup for a bulldog by Raven and instead running headfirst through a table for no reason whatsoever!!

BE ASTOUNDED at how Sandman, who's an absolutely terrible wrestler, manages to work circles around Zandig and Wifebeater!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Who the hell is Jeff Cobb?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Deathlove posted:

Some promoter's brother.

I choose to believe he's ZANDIG's brother.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
LET'S WATCH SOME MORE ZANDIG MOTHERFUCKERS

Here he is tagging with Erik Watts against Tommy Rogers and "Scrap Mullet" Adam Pearce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0ZgbR8MhA

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

How do we not have a :zandig: JEEZUS emote yet?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Cages of Death/shows in general ending in massive clusterfucks that leave everyone frustrated and confused is a CZW staple.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Somewhere Nick Mondo is on the ground having PTSD flashbacks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/juicefreak247/status/739579235615006722

i'm the pane of glass that shatters due to the sheer force of the 720 lariat

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Cody should put out another list with stuff like SGDQ/$5 wrestling/Cage of Death on it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Let's go N-Words

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

N-Words Suck

racist

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Dave posted:

Deathmatch wrestling is really good.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
And ZANDIG

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That might be the most reckless bump I've ever seen on an indy show. And I saw a guy miss a spear off of the top of a semi onto a table.

That doesn't even crack the top 100 tbh. It doesn't top what happens at an average CZW show.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is a longshot but I'm just going to put it on record so I look smart if it happens: I have a gut feeling that Super Dragon returns tonight and kicks Roddy out of Mt. Rushmore.

Super Dragon hasn't injured himself in months so I guess this checks out.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

Such a good card

If any of you Irish type's haven't seen Travis Banks yet (pretty sure everyone else has wrestled OTT before) you're in for a treat

Of all the fly-ins you could have Jigsaw is who you choose?

Unless he's riding with the rest of the baggage.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I have to give credit to highspots, they just refunded everyone for The Boss is Back due to the problems with the stream. The problems were pretty bad but credit to them for issuing blanket refunds instead of making you contact them for one.

The most fitting way to honor Lord ZANDIG returning is through screwing up something major.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TUS posted:

Is anyone going to do the breakdown of BOLA participants this year?

There's 24 guys who aren't ZANDIG. That's all you need to know.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Chris Bosh vs. decency

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Wait they're doing an IWA-MS war 2? The first one kinda sucked. Well it's cool that Gresham won the title but wtf.

ZANDIG/Ian exploding cage part 2 coming up book it deej

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's the big dick that's a dude to everyone

batista

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Who is currently the best fat Indy wrestler?

I don't mean Chris hero fat, I mean earthquake fat.

It's still Chris Hero.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm approaching it like any other startup, ie a long shot over the long haul.

A better approach would be that they're starting up, looking to acquire the rights to any name indy, and then turn around and cash out by selling it all to WWE.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Bring back carnage crew

fyp

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Good thing he wasn't named Speedballs.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

They should have just gone complete wink-wink and called it #neversaydiet

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Freelance Wrestling.

According to the newest Observer, while not officially announced the next PWG show will likely be on 12/16.

Friday instead of Saturday? Double shot maybe?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Yup. 2001-2006, 2009 till current day. Time to put down the assuming glasses.

Anyways tonight's Beyond Wrestling show was very good overall. Riddle vs Tremont was pretty much what you'd expect between those two. Post match Tremont said he's bringing the barbed wire.

03-04 CZW was this fun mix of guys not quite on ROH's radar (KOW, Supa D, Roddy, etc) and their homegrown deathmatch guys who weren't completely broken down yet (Gage, Pain, Havoc). It was like a higher budget IWA-MS.

So of course LORD ZANDIG screws it all up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

Gringo Loco is keeping the legacy of old school indie wrestling alive- he wrestled in Cleveland for AIW on Friday night, got arrested for something and bailed out on Saturday morning, went back to Illinois on Saturday afternoon, and had a heart attack after a match later that night. He's in a hospital in stable condition.

Only way it could be more old-school is if he worked twice, once under a mask, and wrestled a bear. Bear may or may not have worn a mask. Also Tracy Smothers is involved.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Brian Cage is wrestling Drugz Bunny at Hoodslam tonight and I'm taking some friends who've never been. Guess I'll have to explain the concept of "Getting your poo poo in"

The rare case where Drugz is the least chemically-influenced person in the ring.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

An idle threat

Hero's been fighting the one marathon match he can't win: the fight against adult onset diabetes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's actually been reverse-cursed by an old gypsy woman and will become fatally obese within the year

Pretty sure he's ahead of schedule there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

BEST OF THE SUPER BIG BOYS

Only two dudes north of three bills, no sale :colbert:

Same way I refused to vote for any Piesman candidate who didn't weigh at least 300.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Are you inspired enough to find a 2017 Chris Hero indie booking?

Is he going back to the Wifebeater name? It's free and Hero's really got the physique for it now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MrBling posted:

So what you're saying is that Matt Riddle won't ever get signed by WWE?

Eh. For some reason I get a lot of young Randy Orton vibes from Riddle. Orton being 3rd gen might have given him more rope than Riddle might get, but it's not out of the question that Riddle eventually wisens up.

Better young Orton than Teddy Hart is what I'm saying.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Oh poo poo you're right it's a tape delay PPV.

Do it live but have ZANDIG do a two-hour promo to fill the time while they set the cage up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Piss. There might be another one somewhere.

Cage of Death is up on CZW Studios.

How stupid was the structure this year? It's one of the few things that rarely disappoints (the cage structure, not the match itself)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

i'm way behind on pwg this year but hero's farewell show immediately jumps to the top of my list

So Hero vs. the entire roster. Which at least makes it fair weight-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Zandig should be in style battle. Gotta rep all styles after all.